PDA

View Full Version : The *** Damn Xbox 360 Controller!!!

Jags
11-02-2005, 12:16 AM
ok iv been checking prices and stuff and it says $19 (canadian) for a battery pack CHARGER NOT INCLUDED!!!
i thought u didnt NEED a battery pack i though the battery was built in :bang: :confused: :watchout: :crying: :mad:

l Maximus l
11-02-2005, 01:09 AM
I guess if you want a wireless controller that you'll need a battery pack. No offense, dude...but, does 20 bones set you back that much!? We never had it before...I'm cool with it...no big deal...because I'm money bags ;)

Jags
11-02-2005, 02:31 AM
yeh well im not that old yet still in high school man gots ta think about the college and the 15 years of psychology tution ahead
...great i only got a few more years of playing games then its study study study
lol but still man u gotta buy everything for teh 360 nothin just comes with it

Reclaimer
11-02-2005, 03:44 AM
It's about profit. To keep the price of the 360 down something had to go up. So they charge you for accessories and make you buy a lot of accersories to offset what they're loosing on the console.
Companies make most of their money off of software and accesory sales then they do from the actual consoles themselves. Why? Because you'll only buy one 360, but you'll buy plently of games at 50-60 bucks a pop. Now multiply that times all the people that will buy all this stuff and you'll see how it all equates in the long run.

Then you factor in the accesories and find that it helps agument total gross sales.
This is just business as usual.

F1Ox
11-02-2005, 04:12 AM
I guess if you want a wireless controller that you'll need a battery pack. No offense, dude...but, does 20 bones set you back that much!? We never had it before...I'm cool with it...no big deal...because I'm money bags ;)
lol I maximus :yikes:

F1Ox
11-02-2005, 04:14 AM
yeh well im not that old yet still in high school man gots ta think about the college and the 15 years of psychology tution ahead
...great i only got a few more years of playing games then its study study study
Thats life. :cool: Price you pay for going wireless.

swivel
11-02-2005, 06:42 AM
It's about profit. To keep the price of the 360 down something had to go up. So they charge you for accessories and make you buy a lot of accersories to offset what they're loosing on the console.
Companies make most of their money off of software and accesory sales then they do from the actual consoles themselves. Why? Because you'll only buy one 360, but you'll buy plently of games at 50-60 bucks a pop. Now multiply that times all the people that will buy all this stuff and you'll see how it all equates in the long run.

Then you factor in the accesories and find that it helps agument total gross sales.

Yah. Give away the printers, but ink costs $50 an ounce.

Duke
11-02-2005, 07:23 AM

lol but still man teh 360 comes with a wired controller liek every other console in recent memory. nothin just comes for free

r3lik1
11-02-2005, 07:35 AM

you can always sell drugs

Highlite23
11-02-2005, 07:43 AM
The wireless controller comes with the battery, the "play and charge" is probably what your talking about, it's not a needed item it just gives you the ability to charge your contoller while playing and does come with a rechargable battery pack, rather than having to wait for the controller to charge.

It's on Xbox.com :)

Whisper
11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
You can still use AA batteries in the wireless controller. Just make sure you either have a lot, or have rechargables.

I will always have rechargables on the go, atleast until I buy the accessory, which wont befor like 4-6 weeks after the system.

Duke
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Ahh, forgot about that. I've got 2 chargers and like 20 rechargeable batteries, screw the recharge unit.

Jags
11-02-2005, 06:33 PM
you can always sell drugs
ahahahahaha :rofl: omg
its a coincedence u say that LOL :rofl:

l Maximus l
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I'll buy the battery pack because I'm rich as hell! :rofl:

ShadedNine
11-02-2005, 11:55 PM
I'll buy it if it's lightweight. Otherwise I'll stick to lithium (not ion) batteries like I use with everything else...those hardly weigh a thing, and they run for ages.

I might have to hold back for a while anyway. A new home theater, new sofas, new entertainment stand, plus the 360 itself and a coupla games....One might say I've gone overboard in that dept lately. In my defense though, I haven't upgraded my computer since july :D (er...not counting the extra RAM, and noise damping stuff). Not that lithium batteries are in any way cheap...but I already have a costco pack sitting around.

Reclaimer
11-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Yah. Give away the printers, but ink costs $50 an ounce.

Exactly. You buy one printer and chances are that one printer will be with you for a very long time. So that's a one time purchase from that company. But to get you back, they make proprietary ink cartridges and sell them at outrageous prices because thats a "consumable" product and you'll keep having to buy them, so they make more money to offset the price of the printer.

Plus, if it's a free printer that you get in a combo deal, there's a very good chance that printer is a refurbished printer so that's even a better deal for them in the long run.

The price of business is all it is.

Salmonaitor
11-03-2005, 07:58 AM
ahahahahaha :rofl: omg
its a coincedence u say that LOL :rofl:
Oh man, am I ever narcin' your ass out!!! :trippin:

Whisper
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll buy the battery pack because I'm rich as hell! :rofl:

buy me one because you're rich as hell!

Smiley7853
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM

can somebody say "x-box remote??" same concept. anyway 18 DAYS WOOO HOOOO

Marc
11-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Reclaimer, you need to get the chick in your avatar to move her hands.

Jags
11-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh man, am I ever narcin' your ass out!!! :trippin:
:hardcore:

Brevity
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I have several wireless trollers and they all use none chargable batteries and I dont end up changing them but maybe twice a year. I use them often too. These are my logitec PS2 and Nintendo Wave Bird trollers. I cant see the Xbox troller being bad on batteries, so I think you could just not get a pack and be fine.

xxcdoubleuxx
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
ok u have the batteries in it that are rechargable and they can be charged in the rechargable battery pack the batteries fully charged last 25 hours