PDA

View Full Version : EBGAMES Canada Launch Info (Important for Canadians!)

Imperius
11-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Hello Boys and Girls

My name is Brian and I am here to reveal a secret that only roughly a hundred people now know about the EB games Launch for Xbox 360 preorders.

I live In British Columbia, each local EB games in the province has taken in 100 preorders for the 360. I know what your going to say. "COME ON MAN, GET TO THE FRICKIN GUNS!..er.. I mean... Point!"

Well I have just recently found out (from EB games themselves) that on that preorder list, the first 20 people get VIP status, so to speak.

Basicly, on the Grand old morning of November 22nd, before the mall the store is in, or just before the store usually opens, each member of that list of 20 will be let in early. Usually between 6am and 9am pacific time. They will then be given individual attention and be allowed 10 minutes (15 max) to buy whatever games, accessories..ect.. they want with no lines, hassle, and annoying screams of joy. They will be given any assistance they require. I remind you, ONLY the FIRST 20 get this treatment.

I am not aware if this is happening outside Canada or not. So Boys and girls, if you preordered early, check your preorder #. Here is how its going to go down. At least a week prior, you will be given a call by EB games and invited to this early event. Also you will be sent a written invitation on EB games paper (which i'm gonna frame! Maybe sell on ebay) which your required to bring with you.

Now boys and girls, I was compulsive and preordered 9 months ago, hence I am #3 on the list of 20 at my local EB. Cool eh?

Anyhow, I have infinite funds to spend on games, accessories, and pimpin stuff. er.. I mean...under $850.. Technicly, $300 will go to pay off the remaining balance on my 360. Anyway, I thought you all might like this piece of info. Let me know what you think and reply!

Oh and I cannot wait until DOABV 2.. So much jiggling in development ^^

Sorry, I appologize for the male species.

Um, Was I going to mention anything else? Oh yeah!

Here is my view of what the EB employees are going to do when I walk in for VIP treatment..

--> :hail: :hail: :hail: LOL

DOWN WITH PSP, REVOLUTION,GAMECUBE,PS2, PS3, GBA, GBA SP, GBA MICRO! HEIL XBOX! HEIL XBOX! HEIL XBOX!

Enough german, time for some good old fashioned canadian talk..

Go oot and aboot and get me some xbox eh?

lol, thats not canadian, its mostly stereotypical views of how we speak. We do not use 'EH" more than once yearly.

Anyway, God Bless and Bill Gates had better deliver on his promise for Halo 3 on the PS3 release. Or its his boney ass!

Regards,

Brian

(Imperius146) <-- Xbox Live Username (Come kick my ass on Halo 2!) :eek:

Ninjermy
11-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Um... proof?

Nameless
11-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Reopened.

Imperius
11-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Alright Boys and Girls, after a brief half-day closure, this thread has been reopened. It appears as if what I've said isn't Bull after all, several users have confirmed this. I'd like to call upon anyone who would like to confirm what i've said to please post something and reply to my thread. I'd hate to have a bad rep.

Thank you.

Jags
11-12-2005, 10:40 PM
wait wait wait
where abouts in canada do u live
i live in surrey
and how did U find out about this and YYYYYY only 20 ppl
shouldnt it be 20 ppl at a time

Variation-XBA
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I coulda told you this since I work there :P

And yes, first 20 on the list get VIP treatment before store opens to the public :P

Imperius
11-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Good Question JAGS

Well like the previous xbox..er..xbox original.. EB games had the 6 hour waiting in life deal for midnight. I called my EB games (In richmond BC "richmond center") to see what the deal would be and they told me what I just posted. So I'm waiting for my call. And I guess the first 20 get this because they were smart. The others have to wait who knows how long. All I know is that i'm promised one for 100% sure.

And anyway, variation, thanks for the comment lol. If you did, then you can kiss my boot once I walk in :rofl:

Just kiddin!

If your friendly, I'll let you touch the box.. But only for just a bit. ;)

ShadedNine
11-13-2005, 03:02 AM
It's a similar deal for those who preordered from Future Shop or Best Buy Canada...only they only took 10 preorders per store, and all 10 get "vip". My instructions are to make sure I bring in my Xbox 360 tuke (preorder freebie) along with my receipt. I was told they might be opening the doors early for the preorders, he wasn't sure, but even if not, those with preorders will be able to jump the lineup at any time that day.

Personally, I don't really care that much about the lineup, but it is nice to have your game selection and accessories guaranteed on top of the 360 itself.

As far as I'm aware though, all BB/FS stores open at regular store hours that day, no midnight sale. I could be wrong, but I've seen no mention of it.

laughs
11-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Very interesting... Although I'm probably in the hundreds....Doesn't say anything on my pre-order as to what number I am. :confused:

Imperius
11-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Heres a quick blurb for the masses. (Does that sentence make sence?)

Anyway, Did you know Best Buy owns the Futureshop trademark as well as the stores themselves. If you have any doubt, check both the fliers, isn't it interesting that the same product from both stores has the same price :p

Anyway, the unusual thing here is that there is going to be a best buy and a futureshop pretty much side by side at the same mall here in Richmond LOL.

Anyway, I haven't got the call yet about my preorder so I'm getting nervous :confused:

I was told all I need to do is bring in my photo id, but lets see how long that sticks.

Peace,

Imperius
11-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Heres something interesting yet aggrivating :yikes:

I called my EB games to check on when I would be called and invited, ya know... Anyway, they told me that the mall in which their in is having problems with the idea of letting people in to their store early. I suppose its because of security reasons, or perhaps liability or something. The guy doesn't know. So EB is in talks with their head office and such and if the matter is cleared up, then i'll recieve my call. However, if it doesn't go through and this thing is cancelled, I will be promise my 360 to pickup when I please. No shortages since i'm #3 of 20. So hopefully it goes through.

Anyhow, isn't that just annoying! :bang:

ShadedNine
11-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Heres a quick blurb for the masses. (Does that sentence make sence?)

Anyway, Did you know Best Buy owns the Futureshop trademark as well as the stores themselves. If you have any doubt, check both the fliers, isn't it interesting that the same product from both stores has the same price :p

Anyway, the unusual thing here is that there is going to be a best buy and a futureshop pretty much side by side at the same mall here in Richmond LOL.

Anyway, I haven't got the call yet about my preorder so I'm getting nervous :confused:

I was told all I need to do is bring in my photo id, but lets see how long that sticks.

Peace,

FS was too lazy to really gather my info, so I have to hold on tight to my preorder receipt.

And yes, Future Shop was purchased by Best Buy around 5 years ago to wedge open the door for a move into Canada. They insist that the stores carry different producs, and in many cases they do, but in areas the proximity of them is just plain silly since there's still around 80% crossover. Some people also prefer one over the other, since BB is a non-comission model (so you often get lazy employees who couldn't really care less what happens), and FS is commisioned (so many employees will happily push high margin product on you, or ignore you if you're buying something they don't care to sell).

Here's another fun tidbit: they both use the same inventory system. If you get someone to look up a price for you, stand where you can see the screen and look to the very bottom left number you see. That's the item's cost in cents (so 12345 = $123.45) :p

laughs
11-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Just got a call from EB Games and I got my invite... Hahaaaaaaaaa!!! This is true, I'll get a invitation in the mail... Boo Yaa!!!!

Imperius
11-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Glad to see your excited Laughs, yet another person to prove that I wasn't Bullsh*tting! lol.

Anyhow, I think my rep has been restored so I'd like to thank you guys for confirming what i've said. I appreciate it. And just imagine Laughs, you have 10 minutes or more to pick out whatever you want, no lines or anything :)

Jags
11-13-2005, 10:54 PM
God Damnit I Shoulda Pre-orderd Arghhhhh....

Variation-XBA
11-14-2005, 02:44 AM
And anyway, variation, thanks for the comment lol. If you did, then you can kiss my boot once I walk in :rofl:

Just kiddin!

If your friendly, I'll let you touch the box.. But only for just a bit. ;)

Richmond isn't my store, so you won't see me there :P

And I've played it twice prior to the kiosks and I'm the first preorder in my store :P