PDA

View Full Version : the queue phenomena..can someone explain ?

odpr
11-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi

I live in Israel, and very time there is a new technology that going to be out , like PS or Xbox nobody is standing in long lines sleeping near the store or anything like that, we come next day, when we have time and buy the product, if it's not available we wait another few days and then buy it, can some US citizen please explain to me the concept of staying with a tent all night and to be the first to buy something, while after five hours you could
Have done that with out sleeping and eating near a store?

A explanation to this phenomena will be welcome..

Thanks.

r3lik1
11-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi

I live in Israel, and very time there is a new technology that going to be out , like PS or Xbox nobody is standing in long lines sleeping near the store or anything like that, we come next day, when we have time and buy the product, if it's not available we wait another few days and then buy it, can some US citizen please explain to me the concept of staying with a tent all night and to be the first to buy something, while after five hours you could

Thanks.

Well, not everyone in the US is like that....only the ones with NO LIFE, that live to play video games do that.....i agree that its pretty pathetic!!!

killerscott
11-17-2005, 03:40 PM
The reason people are doing it is because of the demand. There is a large shortage and if you dont buy it early here its looking like you wont get it untill january. It's because of the Christmas shoppers.

odpr
11-17-2005, 04:43 PM
did anything like that ever happend in the hisotry of USA? was it ever a time when there was not enough in supply that people waited for monthes?

This is something the company making, they want to show on the evening news that :" look people are sleeping near the store to get our product,"

do u really thin that microsft won't have enough consoles ready ?
yes there could be a slight shortage on supply in the first day, but after a week. let say, microisft will start producing them like crazy/...

If there was once a shortage in supply because of high demend in US I would like to hear about it.. it is really intersting if anything like that ever happen..

ll Mista GT ll
11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
did anything like that ever happend in the hisotry of USA? was it ever a time when there was not enough in supply that people waited for monthes?

This is something the company making, they want to show on the evening news that :" look people are sleeping near the store to get our product,"

yes there could be a slight shortage on supply in the first day, but after a week. let say, microisft will start producing them like crazy/...

If there was once a shortage in supply because of high demend in US I would like to hear about it.. it is really intersting if anything like that ever happen..

I love you because you speak the truth. Microsoft really is stupid if they think that they're gonna make us wait outside for a dummy computer.. I bet there are't even going to be shortages becaus eof how damned expensive the damned thing is... I bet only 15 % of Canada (if that) is going to buy the Xbox 360 .... not everyone is focuse don gaming.

killerscott
11-17-2005, 05:24 PM

wasnt playstation 2 very hard to find for a while?

Salmonaitor
11-17-2005, 06:27 PM
It's definately manufactured, the shortage that is. What better advertising can you get? Once people think it's the hot thing, they'll flood the market. Now, with that being said, I'm white knuckling it from now till tuesday hoping I get mine launch day so that I know, when on saturday I want to play it after my exam, it will be there and I can play uninhibitedly whist my wife vaccums around me and my kids run around bashing each other to death...and I just keep playing.

ll Mista GT ll
11-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Grow up!!

You horrible father! :rofl:

Jags
11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi

Thanks.
odpr dont u know? americans are FREAKS
and alot of them have no life wat so ever
all they ever do is eat, play video games & jack off to final fantasy VII