PDA

View Full Version : Pre-recorded message from Gamestop, might not get 360 on launch

mrmp3
11-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Well my friend just called bummed. A pre-recorded voice message left on his cell phone's voicemail (I didn't hear it just telling yah what he told me) said the small shipment they expected is even smaller than that and thus shortages will occur so he won't be able to obtain his 360 until "sometimes after christmas". Here's the real **** kicker though: he preordered (meaning he put the $100+ on it) sometime in July/August if I do recall. I thought only people who pre-ordered after beginning of Oct. had to worry about not getting one. Just thought I'd post this. Might wanna start checkin your answering machines/voicemail.

Ghost
11-17-2005, 07:14 PM
i pre-ordered back in march man... and i was 7th on my list out of 12. So he was late, and there are waay to many of these stories already.

greg756
11-17-2005, 08:48 PM
ive heard its based on when you did it and if you paid it in full yet

EMX
11-17-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't understand..it seems that every time a system comes out there is always a shortage. Why don't they just make a ****load?

Jags
11-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I don't understand..it seems that every time a system comes out there is always a shortage. Why don't they just make a ****load?

Too much info

ShadedNine
11-17-2005, 11:18 PM

Because when it comes down to crunch time, every day counts. Lets say they finalized the design, configured the factories, and were over and all ready to go into full production...2 weeks before launch. Lets then say production at those factories is 100 000 per week (hypothetically). So, they can 1) launch with only 200 000 units made, 2) delay launch by a few weeks, or 3) increase production. 2 sucks for us, because we ALL wait longer, while ready-to-go units are sitting around gathering dust. 3 costs the manufacturer too much, because the surge in demand at launch will curb, and they don't need a capacity of 300 000 to fill a later ongoing demand of 100 000. They can increase initial production with extra staff and such, but there's no point in allocating extra factories into producing them.

So, 1 is the only viable option. They (and we) just have to rough out the storm of that inital surge of demand, until things level out.

F1Ox
11-18-2005, 04:48 AM
Yeah it suck I'll have may system paid off and 2 games. You know what the true kicker is that if you watch Extra last night. All the movie and music stars got FREE XBOX 360. One star even had the balls to say I love free stuff.

When I paid off my system at gamestop. One kid who was around 19 ask sale guys if he was getting one. They look on the list and sayed yes.What the kid sayed next really pissed me off. Well I don't think I''ll have the money for the system. I felt like saying get off the list. He had about $50 on the system.

F1Ox
11-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Hmmm.

Nato King
11-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey guys just check out the front page I posted news about Peter Moore talking about shortages.

Also F1Ox you doubled post. Not good.

ll Mista GT ll
11-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Microsoft should have waited at least anoher weak before launch.... They are stuppid if the don't have enough to go around...

AdventChild
11-18-2005, 08:38 AM
i feel for ya bro, im not in the same boat but man i feel for ya, stay here for plenty of 360 coverage.....something to keep you busy while you wait!

Bmoreforeva
11-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I pre ordered m xbox a long time ago i was 24 on the list. IM fully paid off and they called me yesterday and said "There only going to send us 22 xboxs." i was pissed. They said i may have to either wait 2 days to see if noone picks theres up or i would have to wait maybe a week or so to get it it sucks bad

SH4MR0CK
11-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I got the same message but mine said that I would recieve mine sumtime before christmas and i preordered mine july 7 with 100$ and then i paid it off sumtime in august.