PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Impressions

Ninjermy
11-19-2005, 10:36 AM
These quotes are taken from IGN.

"It's a shame that this game is getting pushed out at launch when it clearly could have used more time polishing and tuning."

"I've been most impressed by the co-op mode"

"My only qualm so far is that the second level requires a certain amount of stealth, yet there is really no stealth engine to speak of."

"go to a cutscene and suddenly there is texture pop-in and frame drops. W + T + F?"

"What do I really think so far? PDZ is good so far, but it's not hammering in the next generation in a striking new fashion."

Jeremys Cliffs: The game did not live up to the hype. :(

pitt4ever
11-19-2005, 10:50 AM
I agree. Early on, I was going to get PDZ and maybe PGR3 later. But based on what I have seen, it might just be the other way around. I need my FPS fix for the 360, but CoD2 only has 8 people online. I'll wait until I see a full review before I make a descision.

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
i told u guys it was gonna be crap

Ninjermy
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
i told u guys it was gonna be crap

Overestimated mabye. Crap no. It will probably be in the top3 release games. In no way is this game crap...

FB-Gollum
11-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Who said it's crap? They said it wasn't perfect, that it could've used more time.

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:15 PM
ok iv played it and it looks kinda "eugh" na'mean?

Ninjermy
11-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Yea your right. This screen is nothing special its just "ok, mediocore, nothing special."
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/16648.jpg

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:20 PM
not talking about the graphics fool
talking about the game as a whole the gameplay didnt agree with me it wasnt the kind of first person shooter i would like

l Maximus l
11-19-2005, 12:33 PM
This kind of frusterates me....because it's the only launch game that I am likely going to buy. I mean, nearly $500 later (after taxes, etc) by getting the system and the game...and likely a second controller (could be more than $500), I really don't want this game to blow ass.

Oh well...atleast I can play Halo in high res...

My folks purchased Moto GP3 for my birthday...so, I guess I can screw around with that for a while.

What frusterates me most is that Microsoft has made sure this game has stayed out of the lime light until last second. That kinda worries me...

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:34 PM
I see a ban in your future.

George89
11-19-2005, 01:25 PM
ok before we all jump to conclusions. What ninjermy posted was pretty much just the bad comments for the game. If you all actually go to IGN.com and look at the article for the game, you'd see that there are a ton more good comments than bad ones.

odpr
11-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Welp , just saw the movie from Gamespoit. to say I was disappointed is not even close to wha tI felt, I was totally amazed how bad the graphics was (worse then DOOM one..) and the gameplay , weko another medicore FPS.///check it out..
(C A T A S TH ROPE! )

pitt4ever
11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Welp , just saw the movie from Gamespoit. to say I was disappointed is not even close to wha tI felt, I was totally amazed how bad the graphics was (worse then DOOM one..) and the gameplay , weko another medicore FPS.///check it out..
(C A T A S TH ROPE! )

The graphics were worse than Doom 1. Shut up and go away :bang:

Double_Diablo
11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
F*** Ign. I've actually played Perfect Dark Zero and absolutely loved it. Even though it was an older, unfinished build, it was still awesome. Take it from a gamer, not a publication: Perfect Dark Zero has lived up to the hype (and then some). This game will dominate Xbox Live. It's one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Variation-XBA
11-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Christ you guys are hard to please... wanting like the perfect game. Launch games are always rushed and sloppy due to time restraints, doesn't make them bad.

odpr
11-19-2005, 04:44 PM
today there is no such thing as first wave of games, things are rushed out and so...
this is because today programs *Maya, and so..* give the programers *(designers..) to see what a system can do from day one, SO what you see today is what you will get in the following years...

you can see that very well in the current Xbox, nothing changed much since the launch games..

hebgbz
11-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Truth is there is no guarantee that games later in the lifecycle of a console will be any better than a launch game. Look at some of the absolute crap coming out lately for the ole Xbox. Hard to believe after 4 years of time spent with the hw these devs haven't improved on what came out day one. But I am hoping Gears of War will change all of that on this system. Please dear God don't let Gears of War be another Brute Force.

SamSmith
11-19-2005, 07:39 PM
hmmm ye..HOLY **** A TRUCK JUST ****ING SMASH INTO A CAR
**** ME I SEE IT FROM ME WINDOW

what the hell is this guy on??

Jackyboy
11-19-2005, 07:56 PM
what the hell is this guy on??
look at his avatar numnuts

mattgame
11-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I have played the game and it's alright. It has ben hyped too much though. Oh well, maybe the games will get better.

Go420Dawgs
11-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I played perfect dark today and i loved it. The only problem i have with it is the look sensitivity on it. It moves much slower then halo. But gameplay wise i got through the 3rd level and it was so much fun. Multiplayer will be the biggest seller though. I got the limited edition. This and PGR3 are probably the best games I've played for it. Madden looked good too. Got 4 of my retail games so far.

m4oH
11-19-2005, 11:17 PM
look at his avatar numnutsNum is actually spelled numb, numbnuts.

Jags
11-19-2005, 11:43 PM
i still didnt like it

Hero
11-19-2005, 11:50 PM
PD0 was the only game that semi interested me... i guess im going to pass on buying a xbox 360 until oblivion gets released.

cant really afford it anywayz.. :cry:

Bmoreforeva
11-19-2005, 11:57 PM
well i have played the game. It isint bad. it isint great. Its won of those games where you just have to wait to play it yourself.

different strokes for different folks

Goku_69
11-20-2005, 11:21 AM
i already have it i am just praying i get a 360 now :)

studepaber
11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I played perfect dark today and i loved it. The only problem i have with it is the look sensitivity on it.

Did you try and change it in the control settings?

l Maximus l
11-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Did you try and change it in the control settings?

One of the reviews I read stated that before you play the game, it's best to change your sensitivity from 50% to a minimum of 75%... I'll probably put mine to about 80%...that's my guess.

Go420Dawgs
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
i had it at 75 yesterday and it was still way to slow. I had it cranked all the way to a 100 today and i like it much better. We were mainly playing multiplayer matches today with 14 bots. It was nice. The boards are insanely detailed. The temple one looks very nice.

l Maximus l
11-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, I own the game now and a second controller...So, I really hope PD0 is going to be kick ass...

Ghost
11-20-2005, 09:44 PM
maximus, tomorrow or whenever you get your 360 hit me up with an FR -:

nXo Ghost

:-is my main account. Then we can maybe do some coop or something.

Kyle Static
11-20-2005, 10:00 PM
look at his avatar numnuts

It's spelled "numb" you douche. Man, I've had it with all these newbs polluting the forums and ripping on decorated XBA members....learn to spell you morons, or learn not to insult people. :bang:

Perfect Dark Zero has yet to even be released, and he didn't say anything particularly bad about the game, he simply said it wasn't quite finished. I figured as much, but that doesn't mean it'll be a bad game, and he hasn't even touched on the XBL features....so everyone chill.