PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live 360 - Original Xbox Live DEVOLVED!

Imperius
12-28-2005, 05:49 PM
This is what annoys me. You pay big $$$ for a Next Gen console, and the thing doesn't even support basic xbox live online play. I mean, on the xbox, its 16 - 32 max. ie - SW Battlefront. Now its barely 8, even at 8 its laggy as hell.

I like Microsoft, I like their products. I'm always going to buy from them, but there is no respect to the consumer when they sell a half-done console. In the end, Sony will kick Microsoft's butt because they don't care about timing, they just want a perfect console with features that aren't buggy, laggy, or half-done. w00t Sony, Microsoft, take the hint.

This message has been brought to you the Canadian Liberal party. "Vote for us then YOU ARE ALL OURS MUAHAHAHAHHA"

killerscott
12-28-2005, 05:57 PM
This is what annoys me. You pay big $$$ for a Next Gen console, and the thing doesn't even support basic xbox live online play. I mean, on the xbox, its 16 - 32 max. ie - SW Battlefront. Now its barely 8, even at 8 its laggy as hell.

I like Microsoft, I like their products. I'm always going to buy from them, but there is no respect to the consumer when they sell a half-done console. In the end, Sony will kick Microsoft's butt because they don't care about timing, they just want a perfect console with features that aren't buggy, laggy, or half-done. w00t Sony, Microsoft, take the hint.

This message has been brought to you the Canadian Liberal party. "Vote for us then YOU ARE ALL OURS MUAHAHAHAHHA"

you obviously only play call of duty 2... Why not try Perfect Dark Zero? Iv'e played with nearly 30 people with absolutily no lag... Never seen lag on PD0 at all. It's the game... Just like rtcw had lag while many games on the original xbox had none.

edit: also... die from cancer fat man.

swivel
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah. It is unfair to blame Microsoft for a develper's inability to code properly, or at least keep the bun in the oven another few months until it is fully cooked. Quake 4 runs like garbage on the XBox2, but I assure you the hardware is powerful enough for it.

I'm not yet convinced that multi-core is good for consoles. I know it is great for encoding music files while running a virus scan, because I'm doing both of those now, and I can't see a difference, while my old system would have puked. But not for games. I just don't think, even 5 years from now, that the entire power of these new systems will ever be sqeezed out.

Imperius
12-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Your right, the devolopers are to blame. I forgot about them lol. Anyway, my bad.

ShadedNine
12-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Er....so you're under the impression that Sony will have a STRONGER online gaming system? Neat. You can debate 360 vs PS3 until you're blue in the face, but I always thought the one thing that was actually clear between the 2 was Xbox's online advantage.

Look to EA to mess up onling gaming though. I'm just impressed they ever got over having to use the XBL infrastructure to some degree.

Imperius
12-28-2005, 08:01 PM
lol,I don't honestly believe sony or its online components will be any good, I was just using the example for spite LOL

Anyway, nuff said.

Xbox Owner
12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
did you say sony doesnt put out buggy products?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ninjermy
12-29-2005, 10:38 PM
First lineup of games - this is pretty typcial.
Remember when Halo came out it didn't have online at all...

Double_Diablo
12-29-2005, 11:05 PM
First lineup of games - this is pretty typcial.
Remember when Halo came out it didn't have online at all...
Well, Xbox Live didn't come out till a year after the console, so it's understandable. Xbox 360 came out with Xbox Live right away.

Anyways, if you've got beef, it's with the developers. They're responsible for the online components of their games. Microsoft is just in charge of the Xbox Live service and the friends list, not the online component of games.

Imperius
12-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah your right, it isn't microsoft. Anyway I withdraw that feeling of anger against them and put it towards the developers. Darn them to hades! lol

Anyhow, you never know whats going to happen, they could very well upgrade the games.

mrmp3
12-29-2005, 11:38 PM
It's just crap infinity ward has no dlc and not a peep about a patch of any kind. Why not support your console gamers and not just the PC gamers?

Double_Diablo
12-30-2005, 12:47 PM
It's just crap infinity ward has no dlc and not a peep about a patch of any kind. Why not support your console gamers and not just the PC gamers?
That pisses me off aswell. Apparently a lot of people's saved files are also being deleted after beating the British campaign on Veteran difficulty. What's up with that?! I had to skip the last British level just so my file wouldn't be deleted.

And it wouldn't hurt Infinity Ward to make a proper online gaming component. How about a lobby system? 16 players, anyone? Argh. It could've been a great online game if they didn't forget about us console players.