PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on 360 shipments?

DJ tx
12-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey all,

I haven't ready any new articles or seen any leaked documents about upcoming shipments. Has anyone heard anything good?

Also, Has anyone been able to walk-in anywhere and buy one? Just based on previous allocations and info read online I am focussing on trying to find them at Best Buy (since they are M$s launch partner) and Target (since they seem to randomly get them in as well, and less competition since it is not published info).

My last attempt was over the holiday weekend. One best buy i went to that was in a not-so-good shopping area said thay had not gotten any in since launch day, so I gave up on them. In a newer area that seems to have high volume shopping and newer and larger stores I check ed at both Best Buy and Circuit City and both gave the standard answer that they had none and didnt know when anymore were coming in.

I'm hoping to find one any day now, as I got PGR 3, Kameo, and Perfect Dark Zero for Christmas ;) I'm excited, but I dont want to wait til March to play my chrsitmas presents.

Thats all for now. If anyone has any inside info or recommendations of which stores to focus on, I am all ears.

See you all on XBL (soon I hope)

Adios~

ll Mista GT ll
12-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Don't worry man, It's just a faze. I've gotten over it. (honestly, I have) When I see that they are in stock like the regular xboxs, I will get one. Plus, I'm getting a new computer, so that will satisfy me :)

Brevity
12-29-2005, 03:17 PM
My local Walmart got 4 a day or so ago.
A friend told me his Target got some this week too.
IMO there still arriving at places.

swivel
12-29-2005, 04:12 PM
One cool thing about the difficulty finding one... when I finally walk into a BB and there is an XBox2 on the shelf, it will feel great grabbing it, taking it to the checkout, putting it in my truck, and then going back in to pick out some games and accessories. Know what I mean? Even though they will finally be readily available by the time I can just grab one, I will still feel thrilled to have landed one.

That's the way I'm thinking it will go for me. I really hope that Xenon proc. starts coming out in higher yields. I think Microsoft is doing the right thing. I suspect that many of these cores are borderline, and MS is sacraficing profits to gain reliability. If that is the case, I salute them.

DJ tx
12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
A follow-up question for anyone who has info...

So the previous policy at Best Buy according to that first leaked document was that even though BB was going to be receiving small shipments over the course of a few weeks, they held them back until December 18th so they could have another event for their Sunday add. Anyone know if BB is still holding stock back or are they putting small shipments out on the shelf when they get them?

DJ tx
12-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey all,

check out the link below, supposedly a BB employee talking about shipments, and this was posted on 12/29. Any ideas if this is true? I always ask the employees when I go in, but I have never been "whisked away to a controlled sales area" filled with yummy xbox 360 delights. Any thoughts?

http://www.nforcershq.com/article5047.html

killerscott
12-30-2005, 05:31 PM
A follow-up question for anyone who has info...

So the previous policy at Best Buy according to that first leaked document was that even though BB was going to be receiving small shipments over the course of a few weeks, they held them back until December 18th so they could have another event for their Sunday add. Anyone know if BB is still holding stock back or are they putting small shipments out on the shelf when they get them?

I work at a bestbuy and our plans from what I've been told (not much) are to just put out the shipments when we get them now.

edit: we really still dont know when they come in though. Or at least I don't.

XBoxPhreak
12-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Well Walmart has some tonight and will be putting them onsale at midnight. A store near me has 16 units total. I'm debating on being a lamer and going out on New Years to get one. :hardcore: :(

aasp
12-31-2005, 10:49 PM
I know, I saw that article

I called all 3 of my local walmarts and they don't know about it

I don't know if I'm gonna go

DJ tx
01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Well, since this was my post, I felt I should come back and let you all know that in case you didn't read my most recent post (A 360 Story: New Year's Eve Miracle) <--yes its an overly dramatic title, and kindof silly, but in any case it details how I finally found a 360 on the morning of New year's eve.

For all you who still want an XBox 360, I advise that if you want to camp out over night or pay super high prices on eBay then those are both valid ways to get one, and almost a sure thing. However, my preferred way was to avoid the publicized events and leaked documents, because you know that if you know infoirmation about a large shipment, then so does everyone else, and you will have to fight and go to extremes to beat everyone else out. With that said, focus on a few Targets, or BestBuys, or even Walmarts as those 3 have seemingly gotten the most shipments to date, and then do your homework. Talk to employees who seem willing to help and find out when they typically get their shipments, like time of day they become available for example. Mostly this will be as soon as the store opens, and then just plan to spend your days off and free mornings going to a couple of stores periodically. If you do this I would think that now that the intial launch is over and christmas demand is over you can probably find one within a couple of weeks. Just my theory.

I wish you all luck! And I have to say, the moment when you see that pretty white XBox 360 box with the green concentric circles swirling on the box, THAT is truly the best feeling I have had since being a kid on christmas morning. This is the best holiday/present feeling of surprise I have had in many years. I actually had to do the leg work and find it, instead of finding it under the tree. It was a great reward for all my hard work. I'm still pretty jazzed in case you couldn't tell. :) Even now as I sit here at work typing this post, I am imagining what supercar to buy next on PGR3, and what future levels of Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo have in store for me ;)

Thats all, back to work for me.

thatdude222
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
i camped out for it, and id totally recommend it. it was the greatest feeling finally holding it. plus the games rock too, some of the best launch lineup ever.

MXracer721
01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
about best buy and getting shipments..........yea they get a bunch compared to everyone else. i work at best buy and so far we have had 5 shipments that i remember. launch day (42 boxes), the one for the december 18th ad (24 boxes) then another of 20 or so, then we had a day we got 2 core versions and then last week we got 26 premiums. i remember the shipment after the dec 18th ad they sold like 8 really fast and then decided to sell the rest the next day to keep it less hectic in the store. if u open in the morning and hand out tickets for the people wanting a 360 there is way less chaos because its not just grabbing w/e u can off the shelf.

lyric706
01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Also, check circuitcity.com every morning. I was able to score mine on Dec. 21 online — with free shipping. Got it from FedEx Dec. 24. Also, when you add it to the cart, it's going to add some other bundle items. But you can delete all the items except the second wireless controller. That you have to buy, but I was able to return it in-store! Happy hunting.