PDA

View Full Version : perfect dark connection???

BIGHARV
01-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Am I the only one having connection problems when trying to enter a game in perfect dark???
I can see the games no problem but when I try to join it it says lost connection? Once in a while I join a game and play no problem but most of the time I can't. I have been having problems with my router lately is it just a coincidence or....any suggestion on what I should do or is it just a problem with xbox live???

ShadedNine
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
It's probably your router. I had this same issue. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any fix for it, short of cutting the router out of the equation. Even putting your 360 in a DMZ on your router doesn't solve it.

Thankfully, my ISP gives me 2 IPs, so I run my modem into uplink of a switch, then run one cable from the switch to my router's uplink (so it grabs one IP to share to my computers), and another cable from the switch to my 360 (grabbing the second IP). This won't be an option for those with only 1 IP or trying to use wireless (unless you invest in a WAP [wireless router without the router]).

Edit: Seems some people have narrowed down the ports PDZ seems to rely on. I can't confirm it, since the 360 doesn't offer up any way of monitoring port use...but, try setting port forwarding to your 360 on UDP/TCP Port 3074 and UDP Port 88. Remember that you'll want to set your router up to assign your 360 a static IP address so that it doesn't get reassigned when the dhcp lease expires. If you don't know how to do any of this, google it up with your router's model number (or google "bittorrent" + your router's model...and just follow instructions but with the diff port #s).

Brevity
01-08-2006, 09:27 AM
I am having this same problem all the time. I get disconnected b4 I actually get in the game. 95% of the time.

I tried DMZ for my 360 but no use. I will try forwarding these ports. Thanks