PDA

View Full Version : The future of Gaming is hopefull (MMORPG's)

Imperius
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
With the eventual release of Halo 3 and the many online MMORPG's out there such as WOW, Planetside (Sony) and to a lesser extent, Everquest, the take on Virtual Exploration seen in the TV series "hack//Sign" is sure to become a reality in the next 10-25 years if we stay on track.

With technology growing more advanced by the day, these hopes can be made into a reality via investment of time, money, and ideas.

I like roleplay games. I Personally am jumping with excitement at the thought of the upcoming XBOX 360 massive multiplayer games that will eventually be released. I mean, doesn't the thought of owning your own virtual house, decorating it, buying and trading items or magic staffs, or even majestic perfectly rendered 3D graphics make you squirm.

Its an annoyance to wait for these remarkable games, especially Halo 3. Despite the high expectations, we really want them to make these games absolutely perfect. No bugs, graphical errors..ect.. But on the other hand, to quote John Travolta in the movie "Swordfish"... "Its kind of like masturbation, but without the payoff.". Its hard to wait for such fun and interesting games.

I don't believe I will live to see the day when people have the same experiences as seen in the tv show "hack//Sign". I mean, wouldn't that be cool to have such realism and excitement.

Such technology is not exactly completely realistic right now, but its not impossible.

So while your still waiting for Halo 3, Mechassault 3, and probably madden 2455, the "kept on life support" edition, Look forward to the days ahead when such dreams will be made realities, before were conquered by aliens, destroyed by an asteroid, or when hell finally freezes over once Gore gets ellected in 2043.

Peace Out.

Brevity
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
With the eventual release of Halo 3 (Dude, FYI Halo 3 is not going to be a MMORPG) and the many online MMORPG's out there such as WOW, Planetside (Sony) and to a lesser extent, Everquest, (Dude, Everquest is very much a MMORPG) the take on Virtual Exploration seen in the TV series "hack//Sign" is sure to become a reality in the next 10-25 years if we stay on track.
Man I don't follow the path your trying to lay. Its truly not clear what you mean. I have watched .hack I own the whole series and still don't understand how you can tie Halo 3, Planetside and Everquest into it. Your finner point of virtual exploration as seen in .Hack and any other MMORPG is fine but that kind of matrix next level stuff is sure to be further off than 10-25 years. I recall when Sci-fi shows put the year 20XX stuff as flying cars and many other off the wall things. But here I sit in '06 and its not a hell of a lot different than 10 years ago. Oh there are differences but we still get around in cars and use many of the same things to get other jobs done.

With technology growing more advanced by the day, these hopes can be made into a reality via investment of time, money, and ideas.

I like roleplay games. I Personally am jumping with excitement at the thought of the upcoming XBOX 360 massive multiplayer games that will eventually be released. I mean, doesn't the thought of owning your own virtual house, decorating it, buying and trading items or magic staffs, or even majestic perfectly rendered 3D graphics make you squirm.
Many games off this already. The future is now. lol

Its an annoyance to wait for these remarkable games, especially Halo 3. Despite the high expectations, we really want them to make these games absolutely perfect. No bugs, graphical errors..ect.. But on the other hand, to quote John Travolta in the movie "Swordfish"... "Its kind of like masturbation, but without the payoff.". Its hard to wait for such fun and interesting games.
Whats your point here. Its hard to wait for games but... no pay off? These games don't offer you a payoff? Were you writing this while drunk or heavily medicated?

I don't believe I will live to see the day when people have the same experiences as seen in the tv show "hack//Sign". I mean, wouldn't that be cool to have such realism and excitement.
Have you played the .Hack games? Maybe you could get a rush from playing them.

Such technology is not exactly completely realistic right now, but its not impossible.
Finally some since!

So while your still waiting for Halo 3, Mechassault 3, and probably madden 2455, the "kept on life support" edition, Look forward to the days ahead when such dreams will be made realities, before were (we are or we're) conquered by aliens, destroyed by an asteroid, or when hell finally freezes over once Gore gets ellected in 2043.
(Dude, in 2043 if Al Gore is still alive he will be 95. Yipes would that make an old president)

Peace Out.
Man I am just having some fun with you. I think you started this thread with one idea and then started rambling, which is something I have done many times. I will say I love MMORPGs but I hate how they eat up all your free time. More so than other games and game types.
I would hope the future of gaming is not MMO's but innovation both in games and hardware.

Imperius
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I know Halo 3 will not be a MMORPG, duh. I'm just mentioning it as an example of "hype" and I am very much aware that everquest IS a MMORPG.

I appreciate the reply, but the constant pointing out of flaws in my points were quite irritating to say the least. I was making two key points. #1 - waiting for such cool games as halo 3 and waiting for such technology listed is annoying.. And #2 - wouldn't it be cool to have those sorts of games and I'm excited about the xbox 360 MMORPG's coming out.

Don't point out the flaws in others, it might give them the edge to point out your own as well..

Best Wishes.

P.S. - Your not my old english teacher, edit your own work, not the work of others.

StudioAlex
01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I've seen .hack a couple of times but never played any of the PS2 games. I would be interested in any future projects, though I'm not sure about an mmorpg. I'm pretty ignorant about the series, but it seems that one of its main themes is the influence of simulated reality on the individual and his perception of reality. Seems like something better left to a story driven game, like a traditional RPG.

Also, don't post when you're high.

Imperius
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
LOL. High?

I wasn't and besides, I never touch drugs. I'm a regular pocket protector geek lol.

Secondly, the only way you'd understand .hack or the Matrix is if you WERE high lol.

Anyway, you don't have to do drugs to be cool ya know, you can be cool by kicking their asses once their high.

swivel
01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm with you, Imperius. I can't stand it when people explode posts and nitpick each sentence like that. Very annoying.

Brevity
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
:hardcore:

"Explode" haha

OP if you didn’t know you only needed two poll options as 2 and 3 are the same and 4 is useless since there is a "View poll results" button.

You two are quite a pair; along with Thatdude of course. You all should band together to form your own stupid people club where you talk or type in your own native dialect of moron.

I kid, I kid, honestly you people.:bang:

Imperius
01-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeaaah... Well Brevity, there is a difference between using proper grammar online and using internet lingo. Despite the fact that it consumes laziness such as using the word "nah" instead of "no" or "btw" instead of "by the way". These were meant as shortcuts, or in the case of saying "nah", it was used in the sence of being relaxed or at rest.

As for nit picking, forums are about sharing ideas and choosing which thread to post with. Your opinions are welcome but so far you've only picked on the ideas of others. And boys and girls, what do we call it when someone picks on another person for how their speaking and what their saying? *class screams - Communism!

Anyway, If you oppose the way I wrote my thread, fine. But the forums here are for relaxing, not getting perfect sentence structure or grammar. If you don't have anything good to say, then don't reply or you might find yourself in an UNDESIREABLE situation Brevity.

I suggest that as a matter of good respect to others, if you have a nit to pick, don't.

swivel
01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I was just reminded that there is something more juvenile you can do on a forum other than line-by-line replying. You can attack other people, lump them into groups, heap insults on them, act in a rude way... and then attempt to undermine any response by signing off that you are only kidding.

Any other bizarre and assinine methods of communicating that you would like to demonstrate, Brevity? Keep the idiocy rolling.

In all seriousness.

FB-Gollum
01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I know Halo 3 will not be a MMORPG, duh. I'm just mentioning it as an example of "hype" and I am very much aware that everquest IS a MMORPG.

I appreciate the reply, but the constant pointing out of flaws in my points were quite irritating to say the least. I was making two key points. #1 - waiting for such cool games as halo 3 and waiting for such technology listed is annoying.. And #2 - wouldn't it be cool to have those sorts of games and I'm excited about the xbox 360 MMORPG's coming out.

Don't point out the flaws in others, it might give them the edge to point out your own as well..

Best Wishes.

P.S. - Your not my old english teacher, edit your own work, not the work of others.

Dude, you started a poll and had a big write up that meandered everywhere with no obvious point. If you don't want to be edited then edit yourself. You say you have 2 main points a. it sucks to wait for games and b. wouldn't it be cool to have games like some futuristic TV show and your third point (which you piggy backed on the second you politician you) is that you're really excited about MMORPGS.

Here's a thought...next time go find some info about one of these RPG's your excited about. Get us some links to info, screenshots etc. Then post that. then we'll have something to respond to.

If you want to wax poetic about the future of games there is an off-topic lounge or at a strectch the "other console" lounge (PS13 anyone?)

Finally, yeah it sucks to wait for games, I can;t wait until that new AI that MS is programming comes out. You know the "Dev-O-Matic". The power of 100 underpaid overworked dev crammed into one incredible software suite. Apparently they;ve got it to a point it can out-do EA 7 out of 10 times. They'll be able to crank out the QUALITY titles.

Salmonaitor
01-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow, Imperius strikes again with his very own brand of premium unleaded geek. Dude, I love how you ask people for their thoughts of your super duper posts, and then get your balls all cinched up when they have something to say. You seriously need to develop a thicker skin if you want to go on posting. Especially when you whore yourself for comments on how great you are like you tend to do. Anyways, I'm not on staff anymore, so I can tell you that I think you're a moron without having to read your post report.

Ahhhh, that feels better.:sleeping:

Imperius
01-11-2006, 02:57 PM
lol salmon.

Anyway, I don't think i'm great as you say. People use forums to share interests, some people even post threads to find out what other people think about what they like. Hence what I do.

Folks, salmonator here is a jerk. He isn't on staff anymore because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and by the looks of it, he still can't.

I'm not egotistical and I don't write threads to wax my image on the forums. I do it because I want to share my interests with others and vise versa.

So salmon, keep your anger to yourself and leave me alone. I'm not interested in your unkind opinions or your sence of disgust in everything. I have a thick skin thank you, but your so shallow I can see right through you.

I consider the forums here at Xbox Addict as a relaxing, interesting, and fun place to be. It gets annoying when some idiots can't shut up.

thatdude222
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
:hardcore:

"Explode" haha

OP if you didn’t know you only needed two poll options as 2 and 3 are the same and 4 is useless since there is a "View poll results" button.

You two are quite a pair; along with Thatdude of course. You all should band together to form your own stupid people club where you talk or type in your own native dialect of moron.

I kid, I kid, honestly you people.:bang:brevity, your posts are mostly demeanign with little content other than insults. if you want to contribute to the threads, do so, dont troll.

Tony_Macaroni
01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
i think this thread is gonna kill some1 and should be locked

Salmonaitor
01-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Folks, salmonator here is a jerk. He isn't on staff anymore because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and by the looks of it, he still can't.
Is that why I'm not on staff anymore? Wow, thanks for the 411 captain clueless.

Nice thread BTW

Imperius
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
If someone wants to close the thread, feel free. I've lost the sence to continue bickering with these people.. Well some people, not all of them.

Nameless
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
It gets annoying when some idiots can't shut up.
Sounds alot like you Jack. You posted you're opinion and rather than everyone gobbling down your love juice (like you clearly hope for every time) they gave you their opinions on your opinions, seein as its all you presented in your thread. Your post went absolutely no where and all you did was talk in a "professional" and "intelligent" manner...unfortuneately for you though most of the members here are smarter than that and saw right through you, and realized your entire thread coulda been summed up like this:

"I can't wait for Halo 3!!! And some wicked sweet MMORPGS!!!! And super badass graphics that would look all futury like on the TV box!!!"

Instead you rambled on for a few paragraphs about nothing and attacked people when you were called on it. Hypocrisy; it tastes great!

And watch the personal attacks on Salmy there bub. Looking forward to recieving another long and thought out PM from you in a few days about how justice will soon be on your side and yadda yadda yadda.