PDA

View Full Version : wireless 360

pjh13
01-22-2006, 01:19 PM
ok i am not sure if this is in the right forum or if it should be in live forum so mods feel free to move it. I have wireless internet but i have never bought the wireless adaptor but my question is if i connect my laptop which has a built in wireless card to my 360 just as if i were streaming music, is it possible to use my laptop as the wireless adaptor? ok i hope my question is clear and any help would be appreciated.

Shawn-XBA
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM
ok i am not sure if this is in the right forum or if it should be in live forum so mods feel free to move it. I have wireless internet but i have never bought the wireless adaptor but my question is if i connect my laptop which has a built in wireless card to my 360 just as if i were streaming music, is it possible to use my laptop as the wireless adaptor? ok i hope my question is clear and any help would be appreciated.

No, I tried it and it didn't work, I bought the wireless adapter yesterday and I must say it works very well. Hope that answers you question

pjh13
01-22-2006, 02:03 PM
yes it does, i didnt think it would work but i thought it was worth the try and maybe save me some cash

thatdude222
01-22-2006, 02:11 PM
ok i am not sure if this is in the right forum or if it should be in live forum so mods feel free to move it. I have wireless internet but i have never bought the wireless adaptor but my question is if i connect my laptop which has a built in wireless card to my 360 just as if i were streaming music, is it possible to use my laptop as the wireless adaptor? ok i hope my question is clear and any help would be appreciated.yes it is possible. i did it with my desktop and laptop. you need to bridge the connections or something, and your laptop needs to be powered on when you play.

pjh13
01-22-2006, 03:48 PM
yes it is possible. i did it with my desktop and laptop. you need to bridge the connections or something, and your laptop needs to be powered on when you play.

do you think you could post directions? that would be great if you could but if not i am sure i will be able to find it by searching google. this would just be easier.

thatdude222
01-22-2006, 06:42 PM
what operating system do you use?

Shawn-XBA
01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
yes it does, i didnt think it would work but i thought it was worth the try and maybe save me some cash

Sorry pjh13, I didn't know it would work but I couldn't figure out how to do it :bang:

pjh13
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
what operating system do you use?
windows xp home edition.

and its cool shawn i tryed it and couldnt get it to work either.

thatdude222
01-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Ok, you need to bridge the connections. your laptop's wireless connection should have its own conncetion under "network and internet connections" as should the connection from your laptop to your xbox. i did it about a month ago so im not exactly sure, but i think you need to group them (left click and drag) then right clcik and select bridge connections. im not positive but it involved that. if its not that ill go back on my laptop and figure it out.