PDA

View Full Version : More games to require HDD!?

Brevity
02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.gamersreports.com/grimages/650/1139331423/2/1/gr.image.jpg
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/1258/

Football Manager 2006 will require an HDD unit to play the game in any form. No memory card allowed. We guess this goes against MS's claims that you will not need an HDD to play any game. Oh boy. Click on the news title to see the packshot for yourself.
Lets not forget that FFXI will also be requiring a HDD. Well thats only two I guess and two that to be honest many people will not get but only time will tell if those who lucked out and got a Core system end up having to snag a HDD in order to play thier next must have game.

thatdude222
02-08-2006, 01:22 PM
then get a HDD, not a big deal. if u dont want to get one, then dont buy "football manager 2006" a europe-only game.

Spaztic
02-08-2006, 01:40 PM
dupe...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74746

CrazyCougar
02-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Why is this such an issue with people. Just buy a hard drive. Games will only be so much better when they utilize the hard drive.

l Maximus l
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I can barely remember the last time I used a memory card...

Goku_69
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
i use my memory card like a portable live account so i can go from my house to my girlfriends and not have to bring my whole system. :cool:

mrmp3
02-09-2006, 01:37 PM
i use my memory card like a portable live account so i can go from my house to my girlfriends and not have to bring my whole system. :cool:

I wish my girlfriend was cool and bought one, but no, she's gotta pay for school, loser.

Any MMO is a given it needs a harddrive. And I believe as it stands, Bethesda strongly recommends one when your playing Oblivion. I got a harddrive and it doesn't bother me, but if there is an enormous shift towards HD Recommended/Required games, it pretty much goes back on Microsoft's word (no pun intended) one isn't required to play games.

Jags
02-11-2006, 02:44 AM
ok all im gonna say about this is if u were too stupid to realise that the core package is gay then u deserve to pay the extra $100/$150 (depending on where u live) for the ****ing HDD

mattgame
02-12-2006, 10:30 PM

Do they still make memory cards?

pjh13
02-12-2006, 10:32 PM

no i think they stopped making them a couple of years ago i blame the NHL lockout

killerscott
02-12-2006, 10:39 PM

I was roped into buying one because i had to buy a bundle and yes they do... I wrote memory on the little sticker, put it on the card, put it in my game case pouch thing, and thats all I have done with it so far.

I guess i could use it for that, but what loser goes to his girlfriends house and plays video games? Yeah alright we do.