PDA

View Full Version : Got my 360

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah. My dreams have finally come true. I am no longer "360-less" as Salmy used to call me. Long story short, Yesyerday, I celebrated my Confirmation. (If you don't know what it is, don't worry :p) I got lots of presents. Gold and Silver watches, money, Rings with diamond and ruby... all great but... there was something missing.

I had a special sort of feeling that there was going to be a big surprise at the end of my party... boy was I RIGHT!. My dad gives me a rectangular shaped present. I open half, and see that it's green around the edges. First of I though "Oh, another Xbox game" but then, I saw the 360 logo! My dad says "Now you're one step closer" My mom reaches for a bag (weighed like a ton) and I was presented with a brand new spankin' 360.

Unfortunetly, since my dad bought a camcorder, I was caught on tape turing as red as a tomato. :yikes:

I got PGR3. It is amazing. The Xbox I got didn't come with the Media Remote, so I hope this version is better ( more bugs worked out, if not... I got ripped off a remote :p)

-/+ We all played until late night. It was awsome. I couldn't sleep.

+ This moring, I played some Halo 2, and all the menus pop up faster, looks a BIT sharper, etc.

- The 360 headset is really crappy. The sound of people over Live is distorted... I tried my old Xbox headset.. same thing. Oh well.

-/+ I hooked up my iPod, and can only play a couple of hundred songs b/c the rest is AAC format. (I need to know how to get the codec please :(. I couldn't find it on the marketplace)

+ The game demos and movies on the Market place is awsome.

+ Dashboard looks sexy.

- Can't figure out how to change themes :huh:

OVERALL RATING: 9/10

For those of you who really really want one. Wait. You'll get it eventually.

A great philosopher named Whisper once said:

If you're going to get xbox live, get only the premium!

Also, from what I've seen.. some games have large save game files.. especially Quake 4 I have noticed.. so a memory card can run out quickly if you got a few games stored up on there.

Wait it out for the premium buddy.. trust me.. and there is so much **** on the marketplace, and stuff to download in the future (not to mention patches that have already come out for the system itself)

Only get the premium.

swivel
02-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Congrats Caddy!

Great story. And also congrats on the confirmation. Are you Episcopalean by any chance? I was raised in the Episcopalean church, and was confirmed as well. Very cool stuff. Way to go. And enjoy that XBox!

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Congrats Caddy!

Great story. And also congrats on the confirmation. Are you Episcopalean by any chance? I was raised in the Episcopalean church, and was confirmed as well. Very cool stuff. Way to go. And enjoy that XBox!

No, I'm Catholic. It's good to know somebody knows what I'm talking about :p

I figured out the themes and the iPod, pretty cool stuff. I am very dissapointed about the system sound though. I thought my computer was bad.... this thing is LOUD. My fridge is quieter :p

trixmaster
02-12-2006, 12:01 PM
congrats on the 360. do you have live?

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 12:07 PM
congrats on the 360. do you have live?

Yes I have a life....:p

My GT is Cadillax :p

l Maximus l
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the 360-Bretheren :)

pjh13
02-12-2006, 12:54 PM
congrats and enjoy. And if the sound is really a problem for you the best thing to do is just turn your music up so loud you cant hear anything else.

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 06:06 PM
congrats and enjoy. And if the sound is really a problem for you the best thing to do is just turn your music up so loud you cant hear anything else.

Hehe :D

Do you have live?

aasp
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
congrats

now I can beat your *** on XBL :hardcore:

pjh13
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Hehe :D

Do you have live?
yeah my name is dixie normus13
but i am not on that much cause i have ot move my box when ever i want to play because i havent had enough money to pick up the wireless adaptor as of yet. but if you ever see me on i am down to play

ll Mista GT ll
02-12-2006, 10:35 PM
yeah my name is dixie normus13
but i am not on that much cause i have ot move my box when ever i want to play because i havent had enough money to pick up the wireless adaptor as of yet. but if you ever see me on i am down to play

Nice. BTW, is you **** really enormus?

pjh13
02-12-2006, 10:39 PM
oh i'm hung like a moose alright lol

ll Mista GT ll
02-13-2006, 06:55 AM
oh i'm hung like a moose alright lol

lol. :D

I will add you guys on live very soon, my 360 has no screen :bang:

pitt4ever
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the family!

I got confirmed as a Catholic in November, and all I got was some money from my Grandma. Consider yourself lucky. Happy 360-ing!

ll Mista GT ll
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
You kidding? I am SO lucky :)

laughs
02-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes I have a life....:p

My GT is Cadillax :p

:rofl: He said, do you have "live"

Anyway, congrats on the 360! Add me "laughs2907" :hump: