PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO - Make your own Xbox 360 case

Nato King
02-14-2006, 05:55 AM
I Found this on the internet. Thought it would be nice to share.

If you're like me, you like to treat your console like the amazing piece of technology that it is. I became increasingly frustrated with the carrying/protection case options out there. I bought and returned several before deciding to take matters into my own hands. Below is what I came up with and the steps to make your own if you like it. You can make this in about 30 minutes for well under 40 dollars...maybe less depending on what kind of prices you can find on the materials.

Without further ado... http://www.frag-x.com/fragx_360_case.htm

http://www.frag-x.com/final_open.gif

DJ tx
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Very nice Serg,

I liked the detailed descriptions and photos. Personally I think it will be a long time before I feel comfy with taking my 360 anywhere. I'm a vervous parent when it comes to this and I dont want anything happening to my baby.

With that said, if I were going to buy/make a case for it, I would definitely copy you as closely as I could. Looks like a great case, very understated, very 007-gadgetlike. I particularly liked the CD wallet and corresponding foam cutout. Very nice detail, and extremely practical. Not to knock your design at all, I just hope that someday we will have a huge attachable HDD and can play games from the HDD instead of dragging disks around and loading each one between games. But until then, your design is great!

I do have a question though, the lid has the thick gray foam with the cutout, which looks great, but what about protection from the bottom and the sides? I didnt notice any foam inserts except for the top lid. Does the case provide built in protection that isn't clear in the pictures?

Ford Mustang
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Wow, that is pretty awesome. If I had a 360, I might make one for myself.

Highlite23
02-14-2006, 11:56 AM
That is pretty ingeniuios, I have to admit.:)

Go420Dawgs
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Thats pretty badass. Nice find there Serg.

Kyle Static
02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
That is wicked as hell, and looks snazzy too. Nice Find man, I'll be constructing one of these shortly when I made the trip to the U of A....w0rd.

Thanks man.

l Maximus l
02-15-2006, 12:47 AM
I'd much rather use that than any first party or after market dedicated XBox 360 cases any day. Nice, Serg...you da man! But, I'm sure you knew that :)

vman
02-15-2006, 01:17 AM
awww, that was cute

thatdude222
02-17-2006, 10:08 PM
i think ill try that out, looks cool

Nato King
02-18-2006, 05:44 AM
i think ill try that out, looks cool

Looks cool it is cool. lol:hardcore:

Goku_69
02-18-2006, 02:22 PM
very nice, I bought one on ebay that kinda looks like that but to my frustration there is no place for the power pack :(

Slam Dunker
02-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Man, that guy is a legend and as soon as I get my 360 im going to make a case just like it.

Thanks so much for sharing the excellent find Serg. :hump:

Nato King
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Man, that guy is a legend and as soon as I get my 360 im going to make a case just like it.

Thanks so much for sharing the excellent find Serg. :hump:

Come on guys I don't keep anything I find to myself. :argue1: