PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night Round 3 - major concern

Xbox Owner
02-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Is there ANYWAY to change the controls for online??

I hate the default controls and use configuration 3.. and I can't seem to find anywhere to let me use that online.. any help?

TheCovenant
02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
i use configuration 3 as well...i dont know if you can or not though, so im kinda concerned. Maybe its like capcom snk 2, where you cant play on "easy" mode online, and your gonna have to learn how to work that joystick...?

Whisper
02-26-2006, 01:56 PM
wtf.. don't tell me they could have ****ed something as simple as that up... im looking very forward to renting the damn game, and have always played the demo on config 3

ll Mista GT ll
02-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I played the demo last night. I like the controls :confused:

Nato King
02-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Are you telling me this game is out already. Nice I am going to look into this game. Didn't think it was already out. Look how the time goes by when you are having fun.:cheers:

mrmp3
02-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Yea you can change it. After you log in, it's under one of the categories for online settings. You choose it and it'll be the only thing in it is the controller config.

Xbox Owner
02-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Yea you can change it. After you log in, it's under one of the categories for online settings. You choose it and it'll be the only thing in it is the controller config.
i did that, but when i go back online it goes back to config 1 for some reason.

and i don't use only the buttons, but i find it a lot easier and more fluid if you can use the thumbstick and the buttons together

pjh13
02-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I cant tell if i am just really really really bad at this game or if it has a tought learning curve. I am getting the **** kicked out of me by feather weights when i am Ali, Frazier or other fighters that are extremly good. I am trying not to just mash buttons and use the complete puch control thing or whatever its called but they are just beating my ass. so i am just wondering am i the worst in the world at this game or is the learning curve kinda tough

Whisper
02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
either you are naturall terrible (like I am at DOA), or aren't using good fight strategy

swivel
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I cant tell if i am just really really really bad at this game or if it has a tought learning curve. I am getting the **** kicked out of me by feather weights when i am Ali, Frazier or other fighters that are extremly good. I am trying not to just mash buttons and use the complete puch control thing or whatever its called but they are just beating my ass. so i am just wondering am i the worst in the world at this game or is the learning curve kinda tough

If you are talking about playing the computer, then it is not tough for me, but different styles work with varying success. If you go out and try to box for real, you will most often get beat up. But, if you throw a lot of punches in this version, it can take you far. I am 37-0 with 37 KO's, and no fights past round 4 so far on the difficult setting. And I am not the best at this game, my older brother pounds me pretty often.

If you are playing Career mode, a mastery of the training games is key. I've been lucky so far and maxed out the training every time, so my ratings are like 98, 94, 91, 89, and the rest in the high 60's. It is important to pay for the trainers so you can hold some stats steady while you improve others, or get a boost in some other ratings.

I really miss the rankings from the last two versions, where you see your rank move up, and choose who you want to fight. The new system of choosing from a few contracts is inferior, though I do enjoy the bonus awards.

pjh13
02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
maybe you can help me then swivel with some pointers. I ****in suck at this game and it is becoming so frustrating, i do fine in the training stuff but i cant do **** in a real fight, i have one knockout, i was Ali and was fighting some featherweight, it didnt even happen till the 11th round, and i had lost everyround before then. Maybe you could give me some advice because i am usally not this bad at video games

Xbox Owner
02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
maybe you can help me then swivel with some pointers. I ****in suck at this game and it is becoming so frustrating, i do fine in the training stuff but i cant do **** in a real fight, i have one knockout, i was Ali and was fighting some featherweight, it didnt even happen till the 11th round, and i had lost everyround before then. Maybe you could give me some advice because i am usally not this bad at video games

if you're having trouble, put it on a lower difficulty.

after that, just try to figure out their punching sequence. most of the times its just a pattern that you have to figure out and you can block most of their punches. also try not to waste too much energy.. and only do heymakers when you know you'll get it..

pjh13
02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I am starting to get the hang of it now i think i may have just been overreacting to the learning curve. I have never played any of the fight nights before so it is all kinda new but i am starting to do better now, career mode is also much easier then play now mode so hopefully i will be able to build some skills there.

mrmp3
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Two combos that really help me out cuz I'm a speed boxer left, right hook high followed by left, right hook low or left, right hook followed by left uppercut (the opposite works as well). Does some pretty good damage and you can cut a guy open most of the time even with a speed boxer. Your blocking and dodging right? Cuz most of my friends didn't figure out you had to hold R AND move the right stick they just held R. Parrying definitely helps a lot because if you counter with a haymaker you get unlimited stamina for like 10 seconds so you can really take it to a guy.

swivel
03-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Two combos that really help me out cuz I'm a speed boxer left, right hook high followed by left, right hook low or left, right hook followed by left uppercut (the opposite works as well). Does some pretty good damage and you can cut a guy open most of the time even with a speed boxer. Your blocking and dodging right? Cuz most of my friends didn't figure out you had to hold R AND move the right stick they just held R. Parrying definitely helps a lot because if you counter with a haymaker you get unlimited stamina for like 10 seconds so you can really take it to a guy.

^^^^
What he said.

Great advice.

Spaztic
03-01-2006, 05:12 PM
I work the body most of the time until I can pound a left power uppercut. Most newbs don't block low, so a power fighter can destroy them...

Also, what was said above works as well...

It is all about variety.

You will really open up your game by using the joystick instead of the buttons.

killerscott
03-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I've still only played the demo but I must say I like the default controls, though I havnt tried the others. What's different?

swivel
03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Yo dudes... ever notice that you keep maxing out the Combo Dummy training session at 156,400 points (or something like that)? Ever try your damdest to get one more round in, and always come up a couple punches short? Me too.

Until today. Finally got that last round in and racked up 222,400 points! Not that it gave me any more bonuses, but it was cool to have finally done it. You have to jab pretty fast, and take some chances with your memory, but it can be done.

My guys stats are finally taking shape. 100/100/100/98/76/76/78/78.

And why do they call "The Diesel" my rival when I have turned him into a bloody pulp at least 7 times in 7 tries? Shouldn't a rival be someone that has given me a decent fight at least once? In our last fight, for the Light Heavyweight Belt, I knocked him down three times in the first round and he didn't ge back up. Calling him my rival seems to downplay my career.

pjh13
03-02-2006, 01:37 AM

yeah i figured that out and that was part of the reason i stoped being so bad. But i am still definatly pretty bad, In career mode i can always beat the **** out of the crappy boxers(like the first 7), but the harder ones give me trouble, i still mange to beat them for the most part but i think it is mostly just luck I think i am going to try changing the control configuration because many have told me that will help.