PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fight Night

killerscott
03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
So I have the demo on my Xbox360 and it's awesome, but there are a few things that I hope they fixed. Such as the end of round replays. Almost every time they go "lets recap some of that action" or whatever, it just shows the two guys dancing around. Also the instant replays for knockouts are cool but after a few times you notice how bad it looks. There are also a bunch of little things that just needed polishing. Did they clean it up? Is it better in the full version?

(I'm thinking about buying it- refuse to rent games)

Yellowlab
03-06-2006, 12:33 AM
It's good to see another non-renter... I haven't rented a game in well over 10 years... I have to own it as I don't like being rushed to play it, nor do I like to return them. On the off chance I get an incredibly bad stinker that I never want to see again - Dino Crisis 3 and Driv3r come to mind - I'll unload them on Ebay.

But, on to the subject at hand... the replays in between the rounds are pretty much the same as the demo. I noticed they seem to pick out a few hits from the last 20 seconds of the round, and play them at slow motion (making them even more boring).

As for the slow motion knock out replays, for the most part I thought those were very good - especially the ones from an uppercut (great ripple effects). On rare ocassions, there was some clipping issues that became very apparent on the slo-mo knockout (gloves going halfway into the head), but I didn't find it that distracting.

With that being said, after you fight about 40+ fights with an average of 4 rounds a piece, you start to skip past all the mid round stuff pretty darn quickly - regardless of how cool or uncool it is.

For myself I though the gameplay was fantastic, but the overall presentation was weak. Which is very typical from an EA sports game - if you've played Madden, you know this feeling. The full version is of course better than the demo - more fighters and more functionality (create a boxer, Xbox Live, large selection of boxers...), but if you're looking for great presentation (commentary, replays, news/highlights/career stats outside the ring) then you may want to pass it up.

CENCEE
03-06-2006, 07:30 AM
The game is good but not worth buying.

How come ya don't rent games? u can try them b4 u buy them.