PDA

View Full Version : Renting Xbox 360 games??

Slam Dunker
03-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok, my friend told me today that you won't be able to rent Xbox 360 games due to copyright and people coppying games. Anyone know if there is any fact behind this??

Might only be in NZ or something but that would really suck if you couldnt hire games...

CrazyCougar
03-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Hollywood Video has been renting them out since day one.

DJ tx
03-10-2006, 08:56 AM
and you can sign up for a rental subscription over at www.gamefly.com

I have no idea about Austrailia or New Zealand, but here in the US we can definitely rent 360 games.

Seems to me that copywrite concerns are not new with 360 games, if you could previously rent playstation 1 and 2 games, gamecube, Xbox, then you will be able to rent 360 games just the same.

I think your friend is either misinformed, or trying to pull a fast one on you.

Go give him an atomic wedgie as payback ;)

Nato King
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM
This is a good question because here in bermuda where I live. You can't rent xbox360 game I asked them why they haven't started it yet and they say not yet But we will. hmmm I wonder when.

Slam Dunker
03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
and you can sign up for a rental subscription over at www.gamefly.com

I have no idea about Austrailia or New Zealand, but here in the US we can definitely rent 360 games.

Seems to me that copywrite concerns are not new with 360 games, if you could previously rent playstation 1 and 2 games, gamecube, Xbox, then you will be able to rent 360 games just the same.

I think your friend is either misinformed, or trying to pull a fast one on you.

Go give him an atomic wedgie as payback ;)

Its good that you guys can rent games so that should follow through to Nz and Aus. I think he might have been misinformed because as you said if you could hire all the pervious consoles games i dont see why you shouldnt be able to hire 360 games.

And as for that wedgie i think ill give it a shot ;)

ShadedNine
03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Every single video rental store I've been in since the 360 has the games up for rent here, including Blockbuster and Roger's. Dunno why the US branch of BB doesn't offer them.

They even hold to the no-late-fees thing, though the price for a 360 rental is up to $10 CAD.