PDA

View Full Version : need help to stop suckin at fight night

pjh13
03-11-2006, 04:06 PM
i posted this in another thread along itme ago but i need more help so i thought i woudl ask you guys. So i am terrible at this game, i even had to bump the difficulty down to easy, which from what everone else has told me about their experiance is jsut sad. And i have been dominating easy somewhat but still not as much as i should be i dont think and as soon as i bumped it back up to medium which is were i fough tmy first like 8 or 9 fights i get the **** kicked out of me. I mean i always seem to have the block up where i am getting punched but it doesnt seem to matter. And tips to help me? I mean i am usually good at video games but i am just terrible at this game it is fun, but i am to bad at it to make it fun ofr extended periods of time because i get to frustarted and want to throw my controller at my 360 then break the disc that is in the drive. lol plus as you can see i have some anger issues. so anyway just looking for any tips like styles or favorite combos or anything tight like taht.

greenpyro
03-11-2006, 05:45 PM
i've found that the best way to fight in fight night round 3 is to always be on the move. never just stand in one place and throw punches, cause that we'll either lead you to getting knocked out, or the match will end because severe cuts on your face. try running in, getting a couple of hits and then backing of, then repeating. also, blocking alone won't help you. you've got to learn to parry. and i don't lknow if you do this, but i use to rely heavily on the haymakers, and that simply won't do. those moves should be saved as last-ditch efforts, or should only be used when you are certain they will land. this goes the same for the signature punch. so in summary, stay on the move, learn to parry (not just blocking), and rarely use the haymaker punches. this is what has helped me to get pretty damn good at fight night 3, and hopefully it will do the same. if i think of anymore tips, i'll post them.

Yellowlab
03-11-2006, 06:47 PM
You can always change the difficulty level.

Besides resorting to that, one thing that seems to be easier for those having trouble is to go with controller option #3 where most of the punches are mapped to the buttons. For most fights - especially the early ones - you can just alternate between the A and B buttons (jabs) to do some quick damage. Also be sure to mix in the Left trigger combined with these buttons to go to the body. It's not as satisfying as mastering the thumbstick, but it should help out.

Lastly, a good tactic is to move around just out of the other boxers reach (or dance in and out) until he throws a punch a whiffs. Right after he misses jump in and counter with a few punches.