PDA

View Full Version : my 360 broke LOL

trixmaster
03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This is rather depressing. So I have a launch 360, and it worked beautifully, absolutely no problems. I was playing at least 5 times a week, made sure it was elevated, horizontal, good airflow for it and the powerbrick, and didn't leave it on for more than 3 hours at a time. So imagine my surprise when about a week ago it started freezing when i was playing Fight Night!

I figured this was just a glitch with the game, so went back to COD2 for a while with no problems. The next day it started happening in all my games. It would play for 3-5 minutes then it would just freeze. Now it doesn't even turn on; it will load up and then no picture will come on the TV and the ring around the power button flashes red.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was check the warranty. Since i bought it at Superstore, there was no third-party warranty, so i was hoping that microsoft would cover me. 90 day warranty = i'm out 500 bucks.

So, here's what i'm gonna do. Buy a new premium bundle at futureshop. Come back after a couple of days when my buddy is working, and get a product service plan so he gets commission. Then wait a couple of weeks and put the broken 360 in the new packaging and bring it back, saying its broken. They send it out to be fixed, I get it back brand spanking new and sell it to my brother who wants one. Sure i'm out some cash for a while, but i'll make most of it back. This plan is pretty darn foolproof because i can swap serials if i need to in the time between getting the warranty and returning it. Anybody see any flaws?

Crazy Joe
03-17-2006, 05:11 AM
This is rather depressing. So I have a launch 360, and it worked beautifully, absolutely no problems. I was playing at least 5 times a week, made sure it was elevated, horizontal, good airflow for it and the powerbrick, and didn't leave it on for more than 3 hours at a time. So imagine my surprise when about a week ago it started freezing when i was playing Fight Night!

I figured this was just a glitch with the game, so went back to COD2 for a while with no problems. The next day it started happening in all my games. It would play for 3-5 minutes then it would just freeze. Now it doesn't even turn on; it will load up and then no picture will come on the TV and the ring around the power button flashes red.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was check the warranty. Since i bought it at Superstore, there was no third-party warranty, so i was hoping that microsoft would cover me. 90 day warranty = i'm out 500 bucks.

So, here's what i'm gonna do. Buy a new premium bundle at futureshop. Come back after a couple of days when my buddy is working, and get a product service plan so he gets commission. Then wait a couple of weeks and put the broken 360 in the new packaging and bring it back, saying its broken. They send it out to be fixed, I get it back brand spanking new and sell it to my brother who wants one. Sure i'm out some cash for a while, but i'll make most of it back. This plan is pretty darn foolproof because i can swap serials if i need to in the time between getting the warranty and returning it. Anybody see any flaws?

well, it's fraud if you get caught.

CarGuy
03-17-2006, 08:53 AM
i did the same thing with XBox but the serial number on the box matches the one on the XBox.. apparently the 360 doesnt have this.. weird

CENCEE
03-17-2006, 09:04 AM

i c u getting caught buddy!

Don't do it... just get the microsoft warrenty!

Double_Diablo
03-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Why don't you just buy a warranty from Microsoft themselves? Phone 1-800-4MY-XBOX, buy a warranty, and then just phone in about a week later and say your Xbox 360 is having problems. They'll let you send it in to be fixed and since you're already under their warranty for that broken 360, you won't have any additional fees to pay. Sure you won't be able to play for a few weeks, but you won't spend as much money. That's my plan if my launch 360 ever starts showing any problems.

pjh13
03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
i c u getting caught buddy!

Don't do it

doubtful, i do this all the time with controllers and did it once with my original xbox and a friend i have did the same thing with his xbox, you wont get caught and the people working at bestbuy return counter area are like college girls they dont even give a ****. No one is going to try and stop you man just live your life and keep looking for those loopholes in the system

Jackyboy
03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Why don't you just buy a warranty from Microsoft themselves? Phone 1-800-4MY-XBOX, buy a warranty, and then just phone in about a week later and say your Xbox 360 is having problems. They'll let you send it in to be fixed and since you're already under their warranty for that broken 360, you won't have any additional fees to pay. Sure you won't be able to play for a few weeks, but you won't spend as much money. That's my plan if my launch 360 ever starts showing any problems.
i think this one is a much better idea than trixmasters

killerscott
03-17-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm sure they can check to make sure its the same 360. Idk about 360's but on xbox's and playstation 2s there is a serial number we ring up with the barcode that keeps track. I dont see why they wouldn't do that for next Gen games. Anyway, you shoulda just bought the microsoft warranty.

trixmaster
03-17-2006, 05:43 PM
wow i never would have thought americans are so honest. anyways, its far too late. i have my new one already and they didn't scan the serial. plus my friend works there and it was his plan so it will definately work. and i'll make my dad return it so that if they're all "these serials don't match" he can pull the old "thats not my problem i bought this here and it broke so you wenches had better fix it i spent 690 dollars on this"

pjh13
03-17-2006, 06:45 PM
see told you they wouldnt bother you

Ninjermy
03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Do it. If they say it doesn't match be like "oh darn I put my "brothers" 360 in the box instead of the broken one. lolz!"

ShadedNine
03-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd have simply walked up the MS tech support ladder until they decide they should ship me a box to send my 360 away in at their cost, warranty or no warranty. But that's just me.

l Maximus l
03-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Trixmaster...I see no problem with what you did...in fact, I'm proud, yes I said PROUD, of what you did. Is this morally wrong to do what you did? My simple answer is an emphatic "no". Why? Because MS should have sold you a $500 (Canadian currency) product that should have worked for much longer than it did. All they do is gut it out, refurbish it, and resell it. Trust me, MS can and should cover the bill.

Anyway, I've done it and I have no reservations in recommending the same method. I'm just glad to see that you are not 360less :D

F1Ox
03-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Out $690??. The console sells for $400.

Remember the golden rule. Sooner or later its going to bite you in the a--!

pjh13
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
well that just is dumb cause he is not doing anything wrong. i'm with max i buy somethign that expensive ti better ****in work

trixmaster
03-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Out $690??. The console sells for $400.

first off it's canadian prices, and this includes the 3 year warranty. second of all, as a couple of people have said, a product should not crap out after 4 months, that's just ridiculous. and it's not like i'm hurting anybody, so there's no problem.

Heavens Gate
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM

Dude your charging your own family member for a refurbished unit? I would not like having a selfish, greedy, inconsiderate family member such as yourself. I hope you new one breaks too as you just put bad Karma on yourself, I think it probably will!

ll Mista GT ll
03-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Dude your charging your own family member for a refurbished unit? I would not like having a selfish, greedy, inconsiderate family member such as yourself. I hope you new one breaks too as you just put bad Karma on yourself, I think it probably will!

Boo hoo. Thats life. You gots to get tha suckas befoe the suckaz get you!

trixmaster
03-19-2006, 11:10 PM

haha i hope you're kidding. my brother has moved out and damn straight he needs to pay me for it. i'm also a student so it's not like i can give 500 dollar pieces of electronic equipment away for nothing. sure, i'm not going to charge full price, but seriously. think of it this way: say you bought a big screen tv, would you give it to one of your siblings for free if you had to pay for it yourself?

Heavens Gate
03-20-2006, 01:21 PM
haha i hope you're kidding. my brother has moved out and damn straight he needs to pay me for it. i'm also a student so it's not like i can give 500 dollar pieces of electronic equipment away for nothing. sure, i'm not going to charge full price, but seriously. think of it this way: say you bought a big screen tv, would you give it to one of your siblings for free if you had to pay for it yourself?

Yes I would.

pjh13
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Yes I would.

i call bull **** on that. even if i would sell it to him for like $100 i would still charge something knowing i could sell it to a friend or just someone who wants a 360 for way closer to full price

CENCEE
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Dude, talk about bad luck!!!

Now, my Redlights turn on this weekend and i called MS and they will pick it up by tomorrow.

Bu oh, MS has something coming 4 there a**

Jags
03-21-2006, 12:13 AM
look at this
i told u mother ****ers to get warranties but nooooooooo
i payed an extra 60 bucks and im set for the next 2 years i got mine from superstore too trimaster ur a cheap **** because superstore offers the cheapest warranty

pjh13
03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
**** that you complain enough and just keep asking to go to their supervisor and all that **** you will get them to fix it for free

Satch
03-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Pjh13 and Maximus, there needs to be more people like ya'll. I don't know what it is about me lately, but morals and golden rules and even religion in general are starting to piss me off. Yes, I believe in God, but damn, "religion" only causes problems. and I'm getting WAY off track. bottom line, it's NOT gonna "come back" and bite you in the ass if you do something wrong. if something is gonna bite you in the ass, if will do it whether you cheating microsoft or not.

Carry on with your plan. I'd do it.

Jags
03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Pjh13 and Maximus, there needs to be more people like ya'll. I don't know what it is about me lately, but morals and golden rules and even religion in general are starting to piss me off. Yes, I believe in God, but damn, "religion" only causes problems. and I'm getting WAY off track. bottom line, it's NOT gonna "come back" and bite you in the ass if you do something wrong. if something is gonna bite you in the ass, if will do it whether you cheating microsoft or not.

Carry on with your plan. I'd do it.
:watchout:
ok, thats all

Satch
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
lol, you only know me from one post on an xbox site when I was in a weird mood. stfu

thatdude222
03-29-2006, 03:21 PM
i sure as hell wouldnt. my brother has yet to buy me my xmas present. ( he said ehd order a game online and send it to my house).

wulkar
04-03-2006, 09:36 PM
dont you think a microsoft employee might see this and i bet the mods will be mad aswell

Heavens Gate
04-03-2006, 10:28 PM
If I got something that didn't work, I would do the same thing. As a matter of fact I did do that alot. I won't get stuck with crap. The family member thing bothered me but I guess it's fair. Stick it to them bro!!!