PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2007

EMX
08-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Much better than last year's piece of ****. But still oddly similar. The playbook works the same...which I hate. (Other team can see what play you pick):cuss: The superstar mode is pretty badass as well as the mini games. I still think it could have been a lot better and once again they should go back to basics rather than focusing on graphics as much as they do.

LeoBreaker
08-22-2006, 09:19 AM
sooo is it worth the buy or not???

vman
08-22-2006, 12:27 PM
next time, rather than just ranting, maybe you could try putting in some thought into your "review"

Wolf
08-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Other team can see what play you pic

i'm pretty sure there are ways to get around that

pjh13
08-22-2006, 01:16 PM
next time, rather than just ranting, maybe you could try putting in some thought into your "review"

yeah i know i am really trying to decide wether i should go get this right now or not

mrmp3
08-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I for one can't get past one fact. No co-op. It shows all 4 controllers lit but only one can go one team and one can go on the other. Considering it's always been there, it really pisses me off.

I fiddled around with superstar and it's pretty nifty, some pretty ridiculous load screens though so retrying drills can get annoying. All these "slick" animations everyone talks about, I'm not really seeing. Actually it looks like 06', same animations with some new paint (graphics). Not as bad as years past, but there are some ones that still stick out (i'd have trouble explaining it but when your in midspin move and you get tackled and how your guys just slides back everytime and the defender doesn't fall down, hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about).

Again, I've yet to find a way to mask plays in vs. It's hard to do the so called "honor" system when you choose your play instantly and are waiting for your opponent to pick. Your eyes just wander.

The graphics are better but I think about it and if the game had been designed to take advantage of the original Xbox's power, this game would not be that big of a leap. However, I will admit, my HDTV just busted after having it for 2 weeks (its getting fixed tommorow) and I just went back to a standard-def TV and everything looks awful so take that one (maybe) with a grain of salt.

No Madden commentary again. To an extent this isn't bad cuz since the first year of Al and John doing this they've added 0 lines. Whereas Pat and John seemed to add more yearly. But the radio announcer isn't very in depth with the action, and the crowd noise kind of sucks to be honest. Like challenging a play they just stay so quiet and then when the ref decides obviously there should be a boo or jeer. However, the sound effect isn't activated UNTIL you go back to the playbook menu, and since the game by default pans to the coaches after the decision, feasibly there is a 3-5 second time lag with response there. Kind of unimmerses you.

Speaking of lag, hit stick is awful. On past consoles, I know it isn't instantaneous, there's always a slight pause. But it seems for whatever reason my guys take at least 2-3 seconds to respond, which is just too much. On top of that, unlike past Madden's where the guy would just slow down if he missed (though chances are the halfback would blow by you regardless unless there was some more secondary he had to contend with) your momentum carries you and your guy takes like 3 steps to slow himself down, which to be honest, would be really cool and realistic but it makes it frustrating because I'm in that position due to the lag with the hit stick.

I've yet to touch franchise.

Also, the game has some framerate issues, which might explain the time lag issue with certain buttons.

My complements though, would have to be the new animations. Though the game seems devoid of them (they are quite rare like I said earlier), I've seen some. To an extent this is good cuz you don't get barraged with all the new animations and don't immediately get wary of them. I had a pretty good sack on Steve McNair with Adrian Wilson. That was about the only good hit I saw from my team. On the other hand, my brother, who had the Ravens, had some pretty good hits with Ray Lewis but more specifically Ed Reed. He is a bad man. I literally felt for my guy after a couple of the smackdowns I saw. So my guess is, like with Highlight stick being player specific (i.e. bullrusher vs. juker) maybe defense is like that too (i.e. you can only witness the big ones with guys who would do them like Urlacher, Lewis, Reed, etc.) Realism is cool I guess.

Also, the game plays different. I'm not familar with the "feel". I'd say it's a hybrid of 2k and Madden but mildly mentally disabled. Even if I got used to it, the game feels half assed. The lack of co-op just drives me insane.

Considering there is lag offline with buttons pressed and framerate issues, I didn't wanna try online for fear of breaking my controller at what a slop job this is. There's this cool thing called Live Opponent though where if your playing Franchise, you can have an online opponent play as the next team you face.

It's worth a rental, but it ain't a great vs. game offline and it's got no co-op. Please don't support EA for producing rush jobs like this. Considering they have an exclusive license, this is quite pathetic. Doesn't Winning Eleven outsell FIFA? Anybody hear about PFL? The 2k football game? Wouldn't that be sad if they not only got beat in one but two sports departments with exclusive licenses?

mattgame
08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, we have to deal with it for the next 6 years at least. Consumers are such followers.

Oh well, I need my football fix so I copped it.

EA sucks horse nuts for continuing to milk the gamers of the world.

tsrdawg
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
This is why my XBA brethren is the tighest online community I've known...IGN's review made it seem like we would forget about 2k5...mad props to mrmp for breakin it down and makin me stick with 2k5 online...
I havent been impressed with madden since the Sega Genesis '93 version.
Dudes, this is a perfect example of how a monopoly screws the consumer and stifles innovation. The EA jerks should be ashamed, wanting 60 bucks for madden 07...STILL inferior to 2-year old NFL2k5 that is 40-50 bucks cheaper!!
LONG LIVE NFL2K5!!

thevald
08-22-2006, 09:36 PM
This game is horrible. EA should be asshamed, but in reality they are taking our money and laughing all the way to the bank. TRUST ME!!! Don't waste you're hard earned money on this crap. Like everyone, I loved the 2K series and it is sad that we have this crap. I am really disappointed in XBOX 360 and EA Sports. The Lag is terrible.

mattgame
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I just played and here are some of my thoughts.

First the good, graphics are tight. I suffered no lag and the animations are good. I like the slower framerate, it's more realistic to me. Did I mention the graphics?

What rots? The commentary is straight generic. It's called Madden yet I haven't heard John in this game yet! The qb passes look awkward to me. It just looks off. I also tried the minigames and I was hyped about being able to run the forty. Now either I'm an idiot or that shat is really hard to get under 5.0, with a db!! Create a player is ass because I have to take my player through the minigames to get his ratings. Did I mention that the mini games suck ass? The bench press is retarded too. I gave up after that, I didn't try any other games.

EA has us where they want us and it's showing. We should all take a stand and bring our Maddens back. Stop supporting them and they will be forced to make us a better product. Mine is going back tomorrow.

Wolf
08-23-2006, 02:09 PM
i know people that are getting under 5 on the forty so i don't think that's the game's fault.

and the rushing attack mini game is great as usual, i just wish it could be played online.

my online games have been fine.

i'm satisfied.

mattgame
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
i know people that are getting under 5 on the forty so i don't think that's the game's fault.

and the rushing attack mini game is great as usual, i just wish it could be played online.

my online games have been fine.

i'm satisfied.

I can get under 5 but it shouldn't be as difficult as it is.

Wolf
08-23-2006, 11:55 PM
i got a 4.94 with a TE, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it. yesterday i was getting like 6 with an RB, lol, but now i'm mucho better. i also did 6 reps yesterday on the benchpress, now i'm up to 36

mrmp3
08-24-2006, 05:28 PM
The problem I have with the 40 is the directions don't explain how to do it right, it merely says alternate. I still haven't figured out if it's a timing thing or if I gotta flick the sticks alternatively as fast as possible.

Oh and another complaint I have to mention is the mini-games. Against the computer is just flat out stupid. First time I played bench press I got a 7 the computer got a 5 (didn't know what I was doing). Did it again, SAME DIFFICULTY, and I got 29 (all-pro). The computer? 31. WTF?!?!?!?! :bang:

The hit stick is still wonky IMO. I've had a couple times where they react adequately. But for the majority, I don't touch it.

Another funny instance was I was Panthers, my bro was the G-Men. Barber fumbles, I recover with Julius Peppers, and Manning ****in rails me like I got clocked in the head and he just stayed on the ground, Manning doesn't fall or stumble at all. GOTTA LOVE REALISM!!!

mattgame
08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
i got a 4.94 with a TE, it's not too hard once you get the hang of it. yesterday i was getting like 6 with an RB, lol, but now i'm mucho better. i also did 6 reps yesterday on the benchpress, now i'm up to 36

What's your best time?

Wolf
08-25-2006, 07:37 PM
i got around a 4.5 or something with steve smith, i think, IIRC. got "in the zone," everything goes blurry and ****

~.12 worse than his real life 40

but i could be remembering the # incorrectly...