PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 Unlocking/Buying Spells

BEATNGU
08-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Is there any way to unlock and buy spells for a certain Hero before going on Live? Or do I just have to unlock or buy the spells during a live game? Whenever you're setting up a game, whether it's live, or just a skirmish; what do the different colors stand for at the bottom of the screen that you can scroll through? Certain armies?? Or what?

Thanks-

FatBox
08-23-2006, 04:47 PM
The colors mean either the color of your army or else which army you are, I don't really know what colors you're talking about. But you have to unlock the hero spells during gameplay.

BEATNGU
08-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Yea those are the colors I'm talking about, but what army does what color stand for I guess is what I'm trying to ask.. it didn't seem like it would be the color of your army on live because it seemed like there were too many colors.

As for the Spells.. of course they're unlocked during gameplay. I just want to know if there's a way you can use a certain hero, unlock all the spells playing the computer skirmish, and then play with that same hero keeping the unlocked spells when you go to play live. That's all I'm asking.

-thanks

BEATNGU
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Anybody know?

FatBox
08-24-2006, 07:23 PM
No, each hero starts out at level 1 everytime you play unless you are playing the campaign. As for colors...
Blue = Humans
Greenish blue = Elves
Yellowish = Dwarves
Grey = Uruk-hai
Red = Orcs
Brownish yellowish (I think) = Goblins

Hope this helps.

BEATNGU
08-25-2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks, that helps out a lot. I've been muck'n around with the campaign and hadn't really tried anything else (as of yet) but I had noticed all that crap on the skirmish and live set-up screens and for one had no idea what the colors stood for.. and there was nothing in the book about it. I've also been curious how the leveling up and unlocking spells would work on live, skirmish, ect. That's not in the manual either, so thanks again..

-FOverseeR

BEATNGU
08-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Is there a site where you can see the full layout of each races spells & unlockables? I know w/ Age of Empires 2 there was a fold out and all the races unlockables, units, ect. were displayed in a sort of graphish thing. Anywhere I can find something like that for Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2?

I'm trying to find my fav race to play with but you almost have to start a game just to see what each race actually has in terms of spells, units, and unlockables!! This should be easier.

Thanks,

-FOverseeR