PDA

View Full Version : Halo Forerunner?

vman
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I dunno if anyone remembers this but back in April before E3, a magazine called Games Informer had a "scoop" about the Halo3 game having a different name altogether and that name would be Forerunner.

When asked about it, Bungie simply rode it off as an April fool's joke. But in the very next issue of Games Informer, they stood by their claims and went as far as to say that Bungie was in the midst of developing other Halo "spin-off" games that were going to take place in the Halo universe. They also said that Forerunner could possibly be a prequel and perhaps Bungie was looking into making a Halo MMO game.

Well, with the announcments of these two new Halo games, it turns out that Games Informer was on to something. Could it be that Bungie was really planning on creating a prequel named Forerunner? I think yes. Since we already know one of the new game's name to be "Halo Wars" by Ensemble Studios, the only conclusion that I could think of is that the "Untitled Peter Jackson Halo Game" will be called Forerunner and that it will be a prequel to the Halo series.

A prequel yes, but at the same time totally apart from the series itself. Peter Jackson said that this series would be a new way to tell a story. It wouldn't be a movie or your run-of-the-mill game, but a "filmic game experience." Maybe Peter Jackson's game is one that will tell the story of the Forerunners and their significance to the Halo Universe.

I base this speculation on absolutely nothing... afterall, its just speculation. But I do find it odd that a magazine would go so far as to stick by their claims and it turing out to be some April Fool's joke. Take this as you will, this is not fact... it's just me trying to piece this puzzle together. Bungie has been known to send hidden messages through various means.

Tell me what you guys think and disscuss. I do ask, though, that you don't flame me, I'm just trying to get a perspective on things.

Soda Jones
09-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I would die happy if they made a game/movie based on the book "The Fall of Reach"

In fact, if you watch the Halo 3 trailor, that could be a trailor for a Fall of Reach game, because the covenent were after forerunner technology on Reach...hmm...

On the other hand, I'm sure its earth cause they gotta end what they started in Halo 2.

Another cool idea would be to have a Fall of Reach spinoff that was styled after Homeworld type gameplay, all those space battles would be awsome to command.

Good thread.

wulkar
09-27-2006, 08:25 PM
not to nit pick but its just gameinformer no s or space...i have a subscripition and i remember the article it said no halo 3 was planned but another game titled forerunner was planned but nothing was known.

vman
09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
not to nit pick but its just gameinformer no s or space...
lol, sorry, i knew it was something like that.

In fact, if you watch the Halo 3 trailor, that could be a trailor for a Fall of Reach game, because the covenent were after forerunner technology on Reach...hmm...
no, cause Bungie already pointed out that Mt Killamonjaro (sp?) was in the background and I know for a fact that is a real mountain peak in Africa.

Jackyboy
09-28-2006, 06:21 PM
halo wars looks like it could be about the fall of reach. set before halo 1

vman
09-28-2006, 07:27 PM
halo wars looks like it could be about the fall of reach. set before halo 1
probably cause thats when all the Spartans were alive