PDA

View Full Version : NHL games

flyxboxfly
09-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I wrote a review for NHL 07. I thought i sucked. But I see a new review sayinf they thought it was good. I'm confused. have they not played previous versions or other hockey games to compare to?

Anyhow, has anyoe tried NHL2k7? I plan on just buying it since NHL07 sucked.

Whisper
09-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I thought i sucked.

Me too.

predatorprime
09-30-2006, 12:57 AM
ummm NHL 2K7 sucks pretty bad... the graphics are ok as long as you don't mind players not looking like the people they should. The controls are the same as every other hockey game ever, which is gay. I personally didn't mind NHL 07, I hated the demo so I rented it and it grew on me. As a rule of thumb I always wait until atleast the second or third try on a system before a buy a sports title, with the exception of Wrestling and maybe Fifa 07 because it look really good

flyxboxfly
09-30-2006, 08:41 AM
i liked the nhl 07 demo, but the game was not that great. i thought last years on my pc was better when re-tuned. but i agree with 2k7's face models being lame. but the other graphics were pretty good during play, the ice is beautiful.

predatorprime
09-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I think most of the sports titles are getting a little stale. Just out of curiousity what was it that you didn't like about nhl 07? I found that it was almost impossible to setup plays properly. Almost every goal was off a bad give away from the AI. I like the new controls though, they just need another year or so to perfect them, maybe incorporate passing in the skill stick some how

flyxboxfly
09-30-2006, 11:33 PM
it played bad. it just wasnt smooth. the skating seemed like it was unnatrual. i tried it with the skill stick, and classic. i admit, i like the skill stick idea, but it just was not ready. next year it may be great though.

I bought 2k7 and i like it better than last years. i tried 07 for about 4 hours and just was not excited. i just hope next year EA can really finish it out. i also miss the turbo, that sucked that they took it away.

i would like to see another hitz title, i have the latest one on the old box, but it doesn't work on the 360 so i cant play it. hitz was never realistic, but a ton of fun with friends, and i bet it would be great on live.

predatorprime
10-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Hitz would be good, but I don't see it happening. Black Box, who made the game for midway is owned by EA now. I thought getting rid of turbo was a good Idea, it made the game feel more realistic.
Is the Online setup better in 2K7 because the 07 online blows

flyxboxfly
10-01-2006, 07:12 AM
yeah, online is way better on 2k7.