PDA

View Full Version : 360 Mortal Kombat

Lemon
10-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I just saw a commercial for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I also saw that it said it was for Xbox.
So, now I'm wondering if they are going to make a 360 version of it or a different MK game. Y'know, with achievements and the like?

Any comments would be great.

wulkar
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
game faqs has nothing saying it will be.

Xbox:http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/data/931478.html
360:http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/list_m.html

Lemon
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
bummer, i really like the mk series, having achievements would just add sugar to water, though :)

wulkar
10-14-2006, 08:53 PM
i never got into MK. i dont like fighters that much.

l Maximus l
10-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I really miss the old skool MK days...I mean, MK Trillogy kicked major ass on the N64...hours upon hours of gameplay on that one. I had literally every combo and Fatality memorized for every single character...it rocked!

Ever since 3D versions came out, it was never the same.

EMX
10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
I am so sick of Mortal Kombat or any fighting games. The only fighting games I ever really found to be fun were Street Fighter 2 and the first couple Mortal Kombat's. Fighting games actually got worse as technology advanced.

Lemon
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
I really miss the old skool MK days...I mean, MK Trillogy kicked major ass on the N64...hours upon hours of gameplay on that one. I had literally every combo and Fatality memorized for every single character...it rocked!

Ever since 3D versions came out, it was never the same.

oh hell yeah...Sub Zero was my favorite for fatality....I remember going against Goro and being like "ZOMG" and then beating him and being like, "Im fudging awesome"

l Maximus l
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
oh hell yeah...Sub Zero was my favorite for fatality....I remember going against Goro and being like "ZOMG" and then beating him and being like, "Im fudging awesome"

Nice, dude...Sub Zero was my chosen character, too. I also rocked with Kabal...and rarely played as Noob Siabot or Scorpion, eventhough I like them a lot.

Lemon
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
haha, i would always be Noob when going against my brother, it would piss him off so much for me to just disappear behind him and smack him...over and over again.

liu kang was also a good one, with the bicycle kick and his fatality was awesome. he turns into a dragon and burns the other character.

y2kash_14
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Baraka is my all time fav....this new MK looks great, I heard the kreate a fighter is really deep and every single character from all the games? I'm there.

And Lemon, I've been hearing the Xbox release date has been pushed back so it could be backward compatible with the 360 at launch.

l Maximus l
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
I hope the gameplay engine is good, otherwise, I'll be passing up this game once again. I'll definately check it out, though, since I have always been a fan - 2D style was the best, though. If they can pull off a kick ass 3D fighting game, I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Crazy Joe
10-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Baraka is my all time fav....this new MK looks great, I heard the kreate a fighter is really deep and every single character from all the games? I'm there.

And Lemon, I've been hearing the Xbox release date has been pushed back so it could be backward compatible with the 360 at launch.

niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

this MK is for current-gen only, it's the last one, i read an interview a while back saying that the next MK will be next-gen.

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 12:19 PM
You can all get UMK3 for live arcade now...its old school goodness... now with half the lag of our competitors (SF2)

Lemon
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
You can all get UMK3 for live arcade now...its old school goodness... now with half the lag of our competitors (SF2)

oh hell yeah...Stryker is my best guy...except going against sheeva...then i lose...

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
oh hell yeah...Stryker is my best guy...except going against sheeva...then i lose...

HOLY CRAP A STRYKER FAN.... I didn't think they existed....
He was rated the least popular MK character of all time on this one thing I saw before

Lemon
10-22-2006, 08:59 PM
hahaha
yeah, i love using his grenades and gun...he is the best player in the game imo, except baraka..but he isnt in that game.

l Maximus l
10-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I have buddy who's favorite character is Stryker! lol

I need to download this demo within the next couple days!

predatorprime
10-23-2006, 09:43 AM
I have buddy who's favorite character is Stryker! lol

I need to download this demo within the next couple days!

you should buy it if you like the MK games.
Its not really as laggy as SF2 is which is good.
The only prob is the matchmaking system is a little off but oh well its fun anyways

l Maximus l
10-24-2006, 12:49 PM
you should buy it if you like the MK games.
Its not really as laggy as SF2 is which is good.
The only prob is the matchmaking system is a little off but oh well its fun anyways

Do you know how much the full game is? Because, I think I may actually do it...I downloaded the demo...and you're right...old school goodness :)

predatorprime
10-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Do you know how much the full game is? Because, I think I may actually do it...I downloaded the demo...and you're right...old school goodness :)

800 points. I had it pretty much the second it was officially launched (its was leaked on friday by mistake). I've got my ass handed to me by most of the people I've played online. Still have fun though.

By the way... I use Smoke and Cyrax...probably why I lose so much...

l Maximus l
10-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Okay, I have never used points to get anything - how do you get points? I've only downloaded free stuff and other things.

y2kash_14
10-25-2006, 02:24 AM
just buy them with a credit card, or you could go to a videogame retailer and buy a prepaid card (but it's cheaper to do it through Live) I think 800 points is about 10 bucks?

l Maximus l
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Ah, gotcha...thanks y2kash...I was almost hesitant on posting my question because I had a "n00b" moment :D Anyway, $10 for MK on the 360 with XBL support? Dude, to me that's a no brainer....sweet!

Lemon
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Ah, gotcha...thanks y2kash...I was almost hesitant on posting my question because I had a "n00b" moment :D Anyway, $10 for MK on the 360 with XBL support? Dude, to me that's a no brainer....sweet!

really??
if you got it then add me and we can play each other :cheers:

Goku_69
10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
you will have to get the 1000 points for 12.50 but then u will have some left over and u can get a cool theme or something

y2kash_14
11-01-2006, 06:31 AM
man i suck so damn hard on Live.....i went there with so much confidence since i beat the single player....only to get my ass handed to me

predatorprime
11-01-2006, 07:56 AM
man i suck so damn hard on Live.....i went there with so much confidence since i beat the single player....only to get my ass handed to me

Same here... I have the same issue with Street Fighter 2. I never remember sucking this bad at these games when I played in the arcade

y2kash_14
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM
i'm still sucking...i played about 6 matches to this one guy, crazy dominican....and he totally demolished me everytime, he used different characters everytime (he also destroyed the other guys in the room) Later on I look at the leader boards....he's ranked 2nd in Ranked matches....

Lemon
11-02-2006, 10:19 PM
i suck so much at this...would anyone like to teach me/get easy wins?