PDA

View Full Version : Are Any 360 people getting a PS3

Mwright
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
i own a 360 and im sure most people on this site do..but i was wondering how many people are gonna be picking up a ps3 sometime..i know 4 myself i most likely wont..by the time the PS3 price falls to where i think i should get one..microsoft will prolly be already making the next generation of the xbox.

Reclaimer
10-15-2006, 02:18 PM
A. I'm not spending that much money on a game system.

B. Sony is touting the PS3 to be a computer? Guess what, I have 2 computers that are nice. Don't need a third one.

C. I don't have a high def TV (yet) so I don't care about this blue-ray nonsense. I'm waiting another 2 years to get a high def TV because my current TV is still really nice and I want to see more about this future laser TV stuff that's supposed to make plasma old news.

D. I have a 6 year old son who wants a game cube because his rug-rat friends have one, so I'm thinking about getting him a Wii.

I have nothing against Sony, they make great stuff but I'm just not interested in the Playstation.

greenpyro
10-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Personally, i'm most likely not getting a ps3. i mean for the amount of money iot qwould cost me to get one, i could get a car(which to be honest, is my preferred choice). I've been thinking about possibly getting a Wii, but there's so many other things i ned to buy before that, so if i do end up getting a Wii, it probaby won't be until mid-end of next year, and the ps3 i am 99% sure will be a no-go.

wulkar
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
i am not getting a PS3 because 1.) i hate sony. and 2.) i am poor.

but i will be getting a Wii.

mattgame
10-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm getting one asap!!!

Nato King
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
I was going to buy about 5 to 7 of them and resell them on Ebay but I changed my mind. I would have made some money.

So no I am not getting one.

y2kash_14
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not getting one, but I will admit that I really do want one. FFXIII and Metal Gear Solid 4! I must play....depending on how much money i make by then will determine whether or not I can get one

Tony_Macaroni
10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
1) too much money that can be spent in better ways (car,clothes,life lol)
2) Dont care much for sony's games (but hold nothing against sony)
3) Too much hefty computer **** that i wont use (like high def.)
4) Wii is cheaper and more fun/practical to use...and simple.
so yea....theres my position in the ps3 race.

l Maximus l
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
No PS3 here...most games will be on the 360 anyway...

Unless Sony comes out with a killer app that is beyond a "must have", I won't even look at it. I already have a 360. To me, it's all about the games...PS3 would have to come out with an extremely revolutionary game to get my attention. I'm not worried about the price-tag; however, I believe Sony should.

vman
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
i can just think of 1,000 better ways to spend $600

Fanobills
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I would like to get one - if I get this job with the county, I will probably be getting one before the middle of 07, but first I need to finish paying off my car, and one other debt - I'm currently like $2,000 in debt - so that will take me about 2-3 months to take care of - then I'll be getting a 360 and hopefully by the time I get my 360, Halo Wars and Tenchu Senran will both be out for it. I love stealth games.

PS3 will be a birthday present. I was maybe about a month or so away from having a 360 when it launched (I was like #32 on the list - but opted to get my money back and party with it - I was going to get the premium system). Let me rephrase the first paragraph... I WILL get a PS3 and I WILL be getting an Xbox 360 - because they will each feature a stealth game - MGS4 and Tenchu Senran - that's all I need to know to make up my mind.

Infraredragon
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
i can just think of 1,000 better ways to spend $600
1) A bunch of games for your Xbox 360. (if you have one)
2) Better hardware/software for your computer.
3) The most common one; an Xbox 360 and a Wii.
4) 600 Mc Biscuits.
5) A whole bunch of dirt. (mwahahahahaha!)

Highlite23
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
A. I'm not spending that much money on a game system.

B. Sony is touting the PS3 to be a computer? Guess what, I have 2 computers that are nice. Don't need a third one.

C. I don't have a high def TV (yet) so I don't care about this blue-ray nonsense. I'm waiting another 2 years to get a high def TV because my current TV is still really nice and I want to see more about this future laser TV stuff that's supposed to make plasma old news.

D. I have a 6 year old son who wants a game cube because his rug-rat friends have one, so I'm thinking about getting him a Wii.

I have nothing against Sony, they make great stuff but I'm just not interested in the Playstation.

Reclaimer pretty much has my comment...

killerscott
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Definately not. I have no excuses, I just don't like sony or their playstation. I am looking into saving up for a Wii though.

ozenplayer
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
i prob want be getting one either its to close to christmas and i have over 30 gifts to buy besides my stomach went sour for sony along time ago as farr as a customer i dont care for there playstations amps subs car stereos etc

vman
10-16-2006, 04:40 PM
1) A bunch of games for your Xbox 360. (if you have one)
2) Better hardware/software for your computer.
3) The most common one; an Xbox 360 and a Wii.
4) 600 Mc Biscuits.
5) A whole bunch of dirt. (mwahahahahaha!)
6) 600 Frosty's

tsrdawg
10-16-2006, 11:40 PM
No I wont be getting a PS3...I still get lots of satisfaction playing Castlevania 3, GT2, NFL gameday 97 on PS1...
I thought the PS2 was overhyped and overpriced..I played Krazy Ivan and madden 2000 and got bored really fast...Also, I dont like Sony because their components dont work very well with non-Sony equipment...
I knew the black box was a superior machine...
The price of the PS3 makes me shake my head. The features make me yawn...600-800 bucks for a videogame system/computer/bluray player is wayyyyyy too expensive...I could buy a CRT TV and sweet surround sound system for less!!
I'm still enjoying the original box because it is more "user friendly" than xbox2(at least for now).
It seems that the only kller app for xbox2 is GRAW...Ive heard Oblivion is tight...but I m gonna wait for a couple of price drops before I jumpin...
I ll have to buy an HDTV and new stereo to thoroughly enjoy the xbox2...
So, I ll just try to finish some of the more than 70 xbox games in my library.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-17-2006, 06:09 AM
I won't be getting a PS3 simply because I have never really liked but 2 of sony's games. They just really seem to bore me. I will, however, be getting a Wii and at this point it's about whether to get the Wii at launch or wait a bit to make sure that it doesn't come out with oober kool games at launch like the GC and then fail to produce more than 2 good games a year.

Werd

MrGIJOE
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I can use the money for the PS3 on my house. Maybe some movie theater seats for my big screen.

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I can use the money for the PS3 on my house. Maybe some movie theater seats for my big screen.

I would just like the big screen. ANYWAYS... I would eat a big bowl of feces before I ever buy anything from sony again. I was going to get a wii but the graphics are just too bad to deal with, seriously look at COD3 for the Wii... f***ing Goldeneye looks better

mattgame
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Damn you guys make me question my purchase!:confused:

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Damn you guys make me question my purchase!:confused:

You should probably wait for a few months with any console release. Sonys track record for unit quality isn't exactly the best (not that MS is much better), remember the PS2 with the disc error. Do you really want to spend $600 and then have to replace it in 3 months. And word on the street is that Sony is reducing the warranty coverage on the system itself to 1 month and the 12 on the controllers, rather than 3 on everything.
Personally I wait a few months to see what games actually come out when they are supposed too. If they get delayed so does my purchase

Edit: I'll buy a PS3 if Blu-ray wins the format war... which at this rate they are pretty much both dead in the water for about 4 or 5 years... look at UMD

Slacker
10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
I will in about two years , I never had a ps2 for very long only liked a few games on the ps2, Also Sony ALWAYS say that their new system will do some awesome stuff, but ALWAYS falls short ,like the ps2 you were suppossed to be able to surf the web it was going to come with a floppy drive ect ect ect ,,and all we got was something 2 steps better than dreamcast , if that , I still play my dreamcast, but I will admit that some new games sony is showing do look awesome and I am intrigued to play ,.

Whisper
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Getting 1 or 2 to sell on ebay, thats it

J4320
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm getting one. It's coming free too. :p

Liquid Gears
11-03-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm waiting for the reviews on the PS3 vs the 360 comparision before I even get one. I don't have a 360 yet, I'm waiting for the black 360 release and same goes for the black wii. but like I said I'm waiting for the reviews and the winner shall receive my hard earned money.

y2kash_14
11-03-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm getting one. It's coming free too. :p

how are you able to get all those referrals? I always give up. How long does it usually take you to reach the required amount of referrals?

jaferris
11-03-2006, 05:09 AM
I prob will get a ps3 only because of the quality of the system and how good the games look for example metal gear solid 4 looks amazing i dunt think there is a 360 game that can top the look and detail of that game at the moment
i know the console is expansive but a 60gb hd and a blue disc player is worth its price tag considering the blue ray player is about £949.99 at mo :hump:
i will still be playing on me 360 but if you serious gamer i sure you wont be able to turn down playing on the ps3

CrazyCougar
11-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I am a serious gamer and have had many systems in the past. But I can easily say no to the $600 price tag. Blu-Ray doesnt make it worth it. Blu-Ray will fail as did the Sony Beta-Max.

Why buy a $600 system when you have a 360 that will do just as many things as the PS3. Secondly in all honesty there isnt a launch game that I am interested in at all.

predatorprime
11-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I prob will get a ps3 only because of the quality of the system and how good the games look for example metal gear solid 4 looks amazing i dunt think there is a 360 game that can top the look and detail of that game at the moment
i know the console is expansive but a 60gb hd and a blue disc player is worth its price tag considering the blue ray player is about £949.99 at mo :hump:
i will still be playing on me 360 but if you serious gamer i sure you wont be able to turn down playing on the ps3

Ummm "quality of the system"...
I predict it will be just as bad if not worse than the 360 launch.
Sony has always been really bad when it comes to build quality, look at Sony TV's or even the PS2 when I came out. I took them over a year to get it right. PS3 will be no difference.
And a serious gamer would wants something new and refreshing and would get Wii if they already had a 360... I know thats what I plan on doing

vman
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
how are you able to get all those referrals? I always give up. How long does it usually take you to reach the required amount of referrals?
you COULD try again... ;)
http://info.freepay.com/images/tools/banners/6.gif (http://ps3s.freepay.com/?r=34172089)
do the BarnsandNobles offer. It's probably the easiest. Then get 12 of your friends to do the same... also you can help me out!

thatdude222
11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I will in about two years , I never had a ps2 for very long only liked a few games on the ps2, Also Sony ALWAYS say that their new system will do some awesome stuff, but ALWAYS falls short ,like the ps2 you were suppossed to be able to surf the web it was going to come with a floppy drive ect ect ect ,,and all we got was something 2 steps better than dreamcast , if that , I still play my dreamcast, but I will admit that some new games sony is showing do look awesome and I am intrigued to play ,.why the hell would you wan ta floppy drive on your PS2? i dont even want one on my PC. waste of space.

cdg5551
11-04-2006, 11:46 PM
this should tell you why i said NO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJaGScKpZuU

y2kash_14
11-04-2006, 11:57 PM
this should tell you why i said NO

because commercials make the system?

vman
11-05-2006, 09:46 AM
because commercials make the system?
no but Sony is including the Baby with every purchase of a PS3... no questions asked :confused:

Whisper
11-05-2006, 10:02 AM
It's a way to get celebrities to buy it. The baby has to be black though or else it wont work. Everyone wants a black child.

J4320
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM

I had a bunch of sites leading to my blog and people would ask me for help and I'd help them and refer them if need be. I have some other methods too.

It takes me about a month on average to get the site done. It's getting harder and harder now as I've exhausted my resources. I'm slowing down on them.