PDA

View Full Version : L.E. or Regulation?

greenpyro
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, with all these great games nowadays coming out in both Regulation and Limited Edition Versions (Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Gears of War, Rainbows Six: Vegas, etc), I'm just wondering who on these forums are willing to go the extra mile, and who would rather just buy the Regulation version? Personally, i go Limited Edition in all things i buy, if possible to do so. Whether it be games, movies, or even cd's, that's just my preferance. So, in closing, who's going to be buying the Limited Editions of such upcoming hits as stated above, and who's not going to bother?

vman
10-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I would only get the LE if it was a game I REALLY cared about. everything else, just regular.

killerscott
10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I feel like the Limited Edition boxes are pointless. I dont even use them after I get the game cuz i spent the money i save from buying regular games on a nifty game case that holds all of them and more.

predatorprime
10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I think it depends what comes with the pack... I'm probably going to get the gears of war one. With movies I always buy the LE packs, but I also watch all that extra crap. My Le copy of Escaflowne was numbered

Batman_wanna_be
10-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I love the Metal Case games I have all of them Halo 2, Doom 3, Spliter Cell: Choas Theory, Perfect Dark Zero, and Prey. I plan on buying all the metal case games, but if it is collectors edition and not a metal case it comes down to if I like the game.

DVDs for sure the collectors edition love cool cases for stuff!

I have a collectors edition of System of the Down - Hypnotize it came with a numbered hand painted picture.

greenpyro
10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I have a collectors edition of System of the Down - Mezmerize it came with a numbered hand painted picture.

there is a collectors edition of mezmerize?!????!!? Fuggin sweet! where did you get it and what all comes with it? think you could look it up on google or something an dpost a link man? i'm so curious now. me wanty! hahaha! but seriously, i want it!

Batman_wanna_be
10-20-2006, 05:04 PM
there is a collectors edition of mezmerize?!????!!? Fuggin sweet! where did you get it and what all comes with it? think you could look it up on google or something an dpost a link man? i'm so curious now. me wanty! hahaha! but seriously, i want it!

Sorry I meant to say the Hypnotize CD, and the bad news is

We have run out of System of a Down Limited Edition Lithograph, but you can still buy HYPNOTIZE (Explicit). Hypnotize is part two of the two album set from ...
http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=91309&skuId=91326

You had to pre-order the cd online maybe you can find it on ebay good hunting dude.

greenpyro
10-21-2006, 02:01 PM
oooh, is it just the dual disc edition? cause yeah i have that. hahaha. i didn't pre-order it or anything, just went into the store the day the cd came out, and there it was. yeah i thought you meant there was an even more special, more limited edition version of the cd. if there was i'd definatly try to find it off eBay. good to know i've already got the special edition though, haha.

cdg5551
10-21-2006, 02:43 PM
The guy who wrote this is a retard. Killerscott knows what he is talking about
I love the Metal Case games I have all of them Halo 2, Doom 3, Spliter Cell: Choas Theory, Perfect Dark Zero, and Prey. I plan on buying all the metal case games, but if it is collectors edition and not a metal case it comes down to if I like the game.

DVDs for sure the collectors edition love cool cases for stuff!

I have a collectors edition of System of the Down - Hypnotize it came with a numbered hand painted picture.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I buy whatever I can in limited Edition. I get all my movies in LE and I'm trying to get start getting my games in LE. I figure it's only an extra ten bucks and usually the stuff is funny or just plain interesting to me so I feel like it's most always a well spent extra 10. I'm sorta bummed that I missed the LE of SC: DA, but oh well.

greenpyro
10-22-2006, 01:18 AM
I buy whatever I can in limited Edition. I get all my movies in LE and I'm trying to get start getting my games in LE. I figure it's only an extra ten bucks and usually the stuff is funny or just plain interesting to me so I feel like it's most always a well spent extra 10. I'm sorta bummed that I missed the LE of SC: DA, but oh well.

couldn't have put it better myself.

side note: i too missed out on the splinter cell: double agent LE, and i too, am quite bummed about it. Oh well, i'll get the LE of the next splinter cell :p. in the meantime, Double Agent is badass, who else thinks so?

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 12:09 PM
couldn't have put it better myself.

side note: i too missed out on the splinter cell: double agent LE, and i too, am quite bummed about it. Oh well, i'll get the LE of the next splinter cell :p. in the meantime, Double Agent is badass, who else thinks so?

Next Splinter Cell is X360 exclusive too... sweet.
I haven't played Double Agent, probably wont get a chance to, I completely broke until the new year. I have to trade in DS games just to get Tony Hawk Project 8

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM

The guy who wrote this is a retard... no seriously I think he sh*ts his pants. Anyways you shouldn't judge people because they like to buy shiny packages... I do it all the time

Batman_wanna_be
10-24-2006, 02:36 PM

Hey ******* what is your problem? Do you seriously have such a problem with me buying a Collectors Edition of something you have to make yourself look like a complete prick?

I am spending a whole ten dollars more and I get a DVD of the behind the scences and making of the game and a cool case, man that is just so retarded, so retarded in fact I am surprised I can even type this. You make me sick you ****ing piece of ****!

And you know what to best part is? Do to the stupidity of cdg5551 it makes it look like he is calling himself retarded man how much does he suck!

Batman_wanna_be
10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
oooh, is it just the dual disc edition? cause yeah i have that. hahaha. i didn't pre-order it or anything, just went into the store the day the cd came out, and there it was. yeah i thought you meant there was an even more special, more limited edition version of the cd. if there was i'd definatly try to find it off eBay. good to know i've already got the special edition though, haha.

Their was a Limited Edition of System of a Down - Hypnotize you had to pre-order the cd from they're website you got a painting and the dual disc

Link to what the picture looks like - http://www.vartanmalakian.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4

greenpyro
10-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Their was a Limited Edition of System of a Down - Hypnotize you had to pre-order the cd from they're website you got a painting and the dual disc

Link to what the picture looks like - http://www.vartanmalakian.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4

aaaaaaawwwwww me wanty! hahaha. but seriously, i want that picture.

thatdude222
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
system of a down sucks.
i got the halo 2 special edition thing, it was alright, but nothing else. games are too expensive as it is.

Codefox
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I usually just buy the regular edition. If its a game I'm really pysched about then I may get the limited edition. The only game I can remember doing this for was World of Warcraft. While I no longer play I'm still happy I got the LE box. But it had a lot of ingame benefits and some very nice out of game things like art books and a soundtrack CD.

greenpyro
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
system of a down sucks.
i got the halo 2 special edition thing, it was alright, but nothing else. games are too expensive as it is.

hey buddy, just cause you don't like system of a down doesn't mean you have to put down what we like. if all you have to say are rude comments then keep them to yourself

Batman_wanna_be
10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
system of a down sucks.

Just cause you love sting doesn't mean you have to be mean.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-26-2006, 08:58 PM
system of a down sucks.

my **** stinks much better then yours,with a feeling so pure its got u screaming back for more

predatorprime
10-26-2006, 08:58 PM
system of a down sucks.

...ok where do I start...
First of all musical taste is objective, some people like SOAD, considering they are the only band to ever have 2 billboard number one albums in year, but hey what do I know.
Now as for the comment about the price of games... they are cheaper now than what they used to be. SNES and Genesis titles used to be around 70 or 80 bucks... I remembering getting a copy of Phantasy Star for Sega MAster system when I was a kid and it was over 100 bucks, I paid 95 Canadian for N64. Considering game piracy is up with consoles and the cost to make games is higher, which is offset by a very inconsistant market games are actually under priced. This is why EA marches around and buys everyone... and why Acclaim and Atari are basically dead. So people next time think before you speak

predatorprime
10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I just bought the Dual Disc version Hypnotize. If you have a 5.1 system ALWAYS buy the Dual Disc... DVD Audio is amazing

greenpyro
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Just cause you love sting doesn't mean you have to be mean.

hahahaha, BUUUURN [to quote kelso(haha)]