PDA

View Full Version : transfering data to xbox

bucksy99
10-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm relatively new to this.

I hooked the xbox up to my network installed MCE on the computers everything is working fine.

I want to install a program to the xbox so I have internet on it.

I downloaded the file on my computer. Now how do I get it on the xbox w/o a USB flash drive?

Thanks for any input.

Reclaimer
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm relatively new to this.

I hooked the xbox up to my network installed MCE on the computers everything is working fine.

I want to install a program to the xbox so I have internet on it.

I downloaded the file on my computer. Now how do I get it on the xbox w/o a USB flash drive?

Thanks for any input.

The Xbox already has internet ability on it, and that's called Xbox Live.

If you installed the Microsoft Media Extender kit for the Xbox, your Xbox will now be able to share digital media with Windows XP computers on your network.
Conversely, if you have the Xbox Music Mixer DVD, that too can use your Xbox's network connection to access media on XP computers on the network.

However, if you intend to use home brewed software to use your Xbox as an internet browser, you'll need to hack and modify your Xbox.
Use Google to find out about that world, seeing how Xboxaddict has a strict no Xbox modding software discussions.

Of course this is all for the original big black Xbox.
If you're talking about the 360.. I have no idea what you're talking about.

bucksy99
10-18-2006, 06:13 AM
thanks for your answer Reclaimer. I'm talking about the 360.

I want to install an internet browser on the xb.
I know there is a file out there to accomplish that.

How do I get that file over to the xbox? I don't have a flash drive. Do I need to setup an ftp connection ?

Thanks

Reclaimer
10-18-2006, 10:38 AM
thanks for your answer Reclaimer. I'm talking about the 360.

I want to install an internet browser on the xb.
I know there is a file out there to accomplish that.

How do I get that file over to the xbox? I don't have a flash drive. Do I need to setup an ftp connection ?

Thanks

I know what you're talking about now. Just a quick trip on Google to look up "web browser on Xbox 360."

It's the 360 rendering pages that are stored as favorites on a XP-MCE computer. Can't enter text, no keyboard, to me it sounds fairly worthless. I mean, why would I use my 360 to surf when I have a computer and laptop that can.
Text will look bad anyway because of the resolution of the TV screen.

But, since you're not really hacking anything, here: A few seconds on google will find you what you need. (http://www.gamersreports.com/article/22/)

bucksy99
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I found it.
This is the link if anybody is interested.

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/02102006/13/xbox_360_web_browser_software_revealed

I have all my company information online. i will use the xb in the office and at home to do some presentations on the plasma. - No keybord needed.

Just wonder if a keyboard would work on the xb via USB...

Thanks again Reclaimer.