PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Wood PGA Tour '07

l Maximus l
10-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Yep, I bought it...and I like it. Come to think of it, the last two games I bought have both been EA titles...Fight Night 3 and now this.

This is the first golf game I have bought since Links on the Original X. It definately plays a lot different than Links...and no, I'm not exactly new to the Tiger Wood series; however, I am almost new. I've only played it at different friends' homes...never owned one. I'm glad I picked this one up.

I also saw Splinter Cell DA...and I would have picked that up instead, but, I've been looking forward to Tiger Woods PGA 2007 more. I know, I know, I know...bring on the flames...I understand...I'll likely pick up Splinter Cell DA pretty soon anyway :)

l Maximus l
10-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Whoa! Sweet! I'm not sure if this has been done before or not, but, there is a feature on Tiger Woods PGA Tour where the latests Sports Center news comes on - it doesn't necessarily have to be about golf...they talked about the Chicago Bear's bye week and the latest info about the World Series...it's kick ass!

Whisper
10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
yeah it's in the EA games now, news tickers too.. surprised the hell out of me

predatorprime
10-19-2006, 09:06 PM
did you "buy" the unlocks from live marketplace LOL f***ing EA stealing my money...
Anyways I've only played the demo but I think it looks pretty awsome, I just wish it was a bit more sim like the PC titles

l Maximus l
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
did you "buy" the unlocks from live marketplace LOL f***ing EA stealing my money...
Anyways I've only played the demo but I think it looks pretty awsome, I just wish it was a bit more sim like the PC titles

This is definately much more of a simulation game compared to a couple times playing older versions of PGA tour. The only thing that is not similation is the ball spin in the air. I'm pretty impressed...and this comes from a big Links fan.

CrazyCougar
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Play it on tour mode difficulty and it becomes a perfect sim. And this comes from a Links fanatic too. No mid air ball spin, none of the gimmicks. You need to make your shots and set them up yourself.

predatorprime
10-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Nice...
how many courses are there, I heard that was the big issue with last years version

mattgame
10-21-2006, 09:33 AM
The putting seems ridiculous. Is it really as hard as it looks?

CrazyCougar
10-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Its actually not hard at all. I dont know if its cause I am a season veteran of the Tiger series or not, but I have been draining putts without even really trying. The longest putt I have hit is 82 feet, with many breaks to it. I dont even use the putt cam. Now again, it could be just me, but I think the putting is ridiculously easy.

l Maximus l
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
It might be just you, CrazyCougar, but then again, I'm not as seasoned in the Tiger Woods series as you are. Often times, I'll have it lined up perfectly but then I smack it just a tiny bit too hard and it "rolls" over the cup. I think an entire milimeter of my teeth are grinded off :D

But, I keep getting better and better at putting. Driving is no problem at all, I can always hit it straight and I have a good sense of the angles with the wind.

I really like the audio much better than even last year's PGA Tour game. Especially the sound effects - much better.