PDA

View Full Version : 360 game selection: Opinions

Nurb
10-22-2006, 03:03 AM
I've been curious to know what 360 owners are thinking since a good while has passed since the system's release. I'm wanting to know how many GOOD games there are, those that really take advantage of the system, the halos of the system you could say. To me, there only seems to be a small handfull (GWAR, Gears of war, maaaybe the new SC) in a lineup that isn't that big to begin with, but I want to know what you guys think.

what about the prices? do you think they are unreasonably high? do you buy less games with the cost being 10-20 dollars higher or the same amount?

predatorprime
10-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I have 12 games and 14 XBLA games. I bought my 360 in July after losing faith in the Wii (I was a life long Nintendo Fanboy). I think people don't give a lot of the games on the 360 a shot. Games like Table Tennis and Amped 3 are only on 360, they are now fairly cheap and they are a lot of fun. The game that I played that sealed the deal on me buying a 360...was RRRRIIIIIIDDDDDGGGGEEEE RAAACCCEEER!!!
The only games I've played for 360 that I don't like were GRAW and Prey...oh and Rumble Roses but that shouldn't count.
To me gaming is about fun. I play my Live arcade games more than half the games I bought. Now I'm off topic... anyways if you remember when PS2, Xbox and Cube came out the games were this price. Hell I remember paying $95 Canadian for a copy of WWF No Mercy for N64, and $120 for a copy of Phantasy Star for Sega Master System, so the prices aren't that bad

I currently own;
Amped 3
Dead Rising
Saints Row
Kameo
Perfect Dark
PGR 3
Burnout Revenge
Table Tennis
Lego Star Wars 2
DOA 4
Tomb Raider Legend
Oblivion
(I also have paid pre orders of GOW, Viva Pinata, and THP8)

y2kash_14
10-27-2006, 02:42 AM
nah i remember the last generation games were all 50 bucks....60 seems to be a bit much....and 70 for LE? good lord.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 05:10 AM
nah i remember the last generation games were all 50 bucks....60 seems to be a bit much....and 70 for LE? good lord.

The Last Gen was the Same price at first... or at least it was here (canada). There weren't any games for 60 bucks until about a year or so ago. There is a chance that the prices will come down as development costs on the new systems come down

y2kash_14
10-27-2006, 05:39 AM
well i never remember paying 60 bucks for a game....last time would be for N64...Majoras Mask was 65 bucks...but that was so worth it

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 07:34 AM
well i never remember paying 60 bucks for a game....last time would be for N64...Majoras Mask was 65 bucks...but that was so worth it

Really man we must get the shaft up here... I know we do on the price of the 360. Its 500 bucks for the premium bundle and 400 for the core. I remember paying 70 bucks for Super Monkey ball for cube when it came out... god damn it :confused:

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Really man we must get the shaft up here... I know we do on the price of the 360. Its 500 bucks for the premium bundle and 400 for the core. I remember paying 70 bucks for Super Monkey ball for cube when it came out... god damn it :confused:
I WILL OWN YOU IN SUPER MONKEY BALL MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I WILL OWN YOU IN SUPER MONKEY BALL MWAHAHAHA!!!!!

LOL I was actually going to buy a Wii just for the new Monkey ball, but then there was the 2nd week of November... Gears, THP8, and Viva Pinata (oh yes I said it). I have all of them preordered so there goes any chance of getting a wii.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 09:00 PM
LOL I was actually going to buy a Wii just for the new Monkey ball, but then there was the 2nd week of November... Gears, THP8, and Viva Pinata (oh yes I said it). I have all of them preordered so there goes any chance of getting a wii.
lol i dont have any money right now so i wont be getting any new games or a wii until i pay all my rent and stuff off first.

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 09:39 PM
lol i dont have any money right now so i wont be getting any new games or a wii until i pay all my rent and stuff off first.

I'm broke too... I preordered 2 of the 3 games months ago and traded into get the third. No more games till after christmas for me. That and I want to wait to see how the wii turns out anyways, I'm alot less excited about it now that I've seen vids and things for it than what I was when I heard about the controller. Looks like its going to suffer through a lot of awful games like the DS

NiNeBReaKeR
10-27-2006, 09:41 PM
all nintendo systems have that fatal flaw lol

y2kash_14
10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't think the DS is that bad....it's certainly a heck of a lot better than the PSP...It has some really great games for it

predatorprime
10-27-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't think the DS is that bad....it's certainly a heck of a lot better than the PSP...It has some really great games for it

the DS is really cool... I actually sold my PSP to get a DS. I was a huge nintendo fan boy, its just that most of the wii games dont look very good, or play well for that matter. Anything that will use more that 2 or 3 button will not work properly on the wii. I'm too old for these simple games, they get boring really fast

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 07:53 AM
personaly,i love my psp way more then i ever could a DS the only thing that i dont like about psp is only one joystick so no good shooter games but everything else is good (expecially burnout,hell yeah.)

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:37 AM
personaly,i love my psp way more then i ever could a DS the only thing that i dont like about psp is only one joystick so no good shooter games but everything else is good (expecially burnout,hell yeah.)

Really? I think my problem was I bought a PSP to commute to work (it was 1.5hrs on the bus at the time) and I was charging the stupid thing every day. I really liked Wipeout, but I beat it to death, and same with Lumines. I just could never get in to any of the games for it before I sold it. Plus, PSP does not have Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney...YES!!!!

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I cant believe you never got to play burnout on your psp..that sux dude,psp graphics are comparable to a ps2.

btw i sent you a message bro.

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I cant believe you never got to play burnout on your psp..that sux dude,psp graphics are comparable to a ps2.

btw i sent you a message bro.

Man that sucks, I love burnout. I have revenge for 360. The DS version was a giant pile of ass.
I have Untold Legends... which was probably the reason I got rid of the system...WORST HAND HELD GAME EVER. Not because the game itself was that bad(which it was) but that it took about a minute to load, and it loaded every time you changed areas which was every 3 or 4 minutes

Man we went off topic here LOL. Anyways I like my DS and my 360.
I actually decided not to get a Wii after buy a 360 because I liked it so much. I have 15 games now and I bought the thing in the end of July. Right now there isn't a lot of diversity but it will change over time. What we need is platformers... like a sequel to Blinx or Voodoo Vince or something new. Kameo is really the only one that I know of and I already beat that

NiNeBReaKeR
10-28-2006, 08:56 AM
i know,i bought it two and hated it,i played a whole one times lol.

y2kash_14
10-28-2006, 04:56 PM
The only game I've ever bought for my PSP was the GTA game....but I pretty much just use it to play SNES and Gameboy games...

Crazy Joe
10-28-2006, 08:05 PM

you know there is an exchange rate right? US dollar is waaaay down so stuff is alot cheaper for Canada in comparison to the difference last generation. Xbox 1 cost 450 CDN vs 299 US and games were 70-80 CDN vs 50 US. Now 360 games are 60 CDN vs 60 US. We aren't getting the shaft anymore, it's getting better for us all the time.

predatorprime
10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
you know there is an exchange rate right? US dollar is waaaay down so stuff is alot cheaper for Canada in comparison to the difference last generation. Xbox 1 cost 450 CDN vs 299 US and games were 70-80 CDN vs 50 US. Now 360 games are 60 CDN vs 60 US. We aren't getting the shaft anymore, it's getting better for us all the time.

The exchange rate was never bad enough to justify the difference. Usual a 360 game thats 60 here is 50 in the states, and 70 for 60. My big gripe is with the system where theres a flat 100 difference. At the exchange rate that its been at since the 360 came out the most it should have been is 450 for the premium. Its even worse in Europe. Oh well its not like we can do anything

NiNeBReaKeR
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
I've been curious to know what 360 owners are thinking since a good while has passed since the system's release. I'm wanting to know how many GOOD games there are, those that really take advantage of the system, the halos of the system you could say. To me, there only seems to be a small handfull (GWAR, Gears of war, maaaybe the new SC) in a lineup that isn't that big to begin with, but I want to know what you guys think.

what about the prices? do you think they are unreasonably high? do you buy less games with the cost being 10-20 dollars higher or the same amount?
Well i think the handfull is way bigger than that and even with the price increase i still but games i usually just listen to you guys talk about the games and then i pick up a used copy after the price goes down (im a real cheap a$$ lol) but i love m xbox and i think it has great potential and well see alot of great games this new year.Im excited :cheers: .

p.s. good thread;)

predatorprime
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
p.s. good thread;)

I agree with you on that one. My big issue with the 360 is the cost of games...why did my copy of lego star wars 2 cost 10 bucks more than some shmuk with a xbox or ps2 (no offence)? Its the same game, all i get is achievement points...woooo!!!! who cares.
I think the game selection is pretty good and its only getting better. When Fusion Frenzy comes out well have a party game which is all thats really missing. I think a lot of 360 owners forget about the Live Arcade...complain about no fighting games...well we have SF2 and UMK3, which are 2 of the best, I know they aren't new but they are still good.
My personal mission is to get everyone to atleast try some of the XBLA games... most of them are pretty good for the price and they add depth to library