PDA

View Full Version : Big Reason why 360 is failing in Japan

predatorprime
10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Despite the recent reports of 360s selling like hot cakes with the Blue Dragon bundle in Japan, the system has been all but an admitted failure there. Crap like this (http://www.gamebrink.com/xbox-360/1969-Onechan_Bara_VorteX-video-1.html)
Is a good explination why...
Why is this cowboy hooker fighting Zombies...
Why do they get this but still can't get Dead Rising...
Why do the graphics look like stuff left in the toilet after eating beans...

Whisper
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
looks hot

l Maximus l
10-26-2006, 02:47 AM
I can't believe how lame that game looks. But, then again, scanty clad women splashing the blood of zombies is a pretty kick ass idea!!! :D

vman
10-26-2006, 03:02 AM
wuts the difference between that game and about 50% of Playstation games sold in japan? Dude, Japanese ppl like that ****. They just don't like Xbox. One of the main reasons is because there arent an abundant number of QUALITY Japanese RPG's. SquareEnix makes so many good games for the japanese market and almost all if not all are for Sony.

y2kash_14
10-26-2006, 03:38 AM
i don't get it....that game looks pretty stylish...i like how the blood splatters on the screen...definitely more flair than Dead Rising

Whisper
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I'll get it if the shower scene is playable.

Reclaimer
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Despite the recent reports of 360s selling like hot cakes with the Blue Dragon bundle in Japan, the system has been all but an admitted failure there. Crap like this (http://www.gamebrink.com/xbox-360/1969-Onechan_Bara_VorteX-video-1.html)
Is a good explination why...
Why is this cowboy hooker fighting Zombies...
Why do they get this but still can't get Dead Rising...
Why do the graphics look like stuff left in the toilet after eating beans...

This game in the trailer: Onechan Bara VorteX looks pretty bad ass. Too bad it won't be sold here. It's got hot chicks, buckets of blood, swords, guns, scattered ass and the anime feel. It's perfect for that market and not a whole lot different than what gets made over there for the PS2. If you think about it, DOA volleyball and the whole DOA series is probably the better selling games from Microsoft there.

This game has nothing to do with why the 360 doesn't sell well in Japan. The reason why the 360 doesn't sell is because it's an American electronics product.
You think I'm joking, but I spent some time in Japan and I got to talk to people there and take in the culture.
The Japanese love our pop culture, but they hate our consumer products because they feel that there's is superior.
We Americans have not a problem with buying a Japanese TV or car. They have big problems with buying American products when perfectly good Japanese products exist.

Microsoft will never get a toe hold in the Japanese market. Not ever and quite frankly, I think it's a waste of resources to even try to actively compete against the Sony and Nintendo on their own home turf.

That's why Xbox doesn't sell well there. Not because of Onechan Bara VorteX which quite frankly I think is pretty cool.
You can take that to the bank.

predatorprime
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
This game in the trailer: Onechan Bara VorteX looks pretty bad ass. Too bad it won't be sold here. It's got hot chicks, buckets of blood, swords, guns, scattered ass and the anime feel. It's perfect for that market and not a whole lot different than what gets made over there for the PS2. If you think about it, DOA volleyball and the whole DOA series is probably the better selling games from Microsoft there.

This game has nothing to do with why the 360 doesn't sell well in Japan. The reason why the 360 doesn't sell is because it's an American electronics product.
You think I'm joking, but I spent some time in Japan and I got to talk to people there and take in the culture.
The Japanese love our pop culture, but they hate our consumer products because they feel that there's is superior.
We Americans have not a problem with buying a Japanese TV or car. They have big problems with buying American products when perfectly good Japanese products exist.

Microsoft will never get a toe hold in the Japanese market. Not ever and quite frankly, I think it's a waste of resources to even try to actively compete against the Sony and Nintendo on their own home turf.

That's why Xbox doesn't sell well there. Not because of Onechan Bara VorteX which quite frankly I think is pretty cool.
You can take that to the bank.

I do agree that the Japanese public does not like amercan products but I really think that 2nd rate games like this are hurting M$ a lot. Any of the exclusive titles in japan have been.. well.. ugly... This game looks awful. The game play might be cool but that doesn't make up for the fact that this looks like a PS2 game... a bad PS2 game. Bullet Witch looks like ass too but that might just be my opinion...
Long live Blue Dragon

Reclaimer
10-26-2006, 09:58 PM
I think true gamers will agree that graphics don't always make a game. I've been playing console games since the Atari 2600 and to this day I love to hook it up and play Berserk and Combat with my wife.
Fast forward to the Xbox, my most favorite game on there behind Halo was Conflict Desert Storm. My lord, the graphics on that game made it look like a playstation port. But that game was loads of fun to play. Air Force Delta Storm was the same way. Crap graphics, looks just like it never advanced from the DreamCast, and it was a ball to play.

You use eye candy to rope new customers, but a fun game is always going to be a fun game.
In this case with VorteX, hey.. who knows, if it's fun and it gives the market what they want, it might sell a few copies.

But it just doesn't matter. Sony can sell an empty plastic box and it will still sell more than the American 360.

Nurb
10-27-2006, 12:17 AM
MS needs to take a page from disney and other clothing manufacturers, and make it fashionable to disney. Xbox Nation (RIP) did an article when the xbox wasn't doing so well a few years ago and they had a good writeup on the culture, and they are more concious of fashion and style than the average American, and advertizing needs to make something look trendy in order to boost sales. Disney did it, and they have a big japanese following (take a look at the kingdom hearts game)

also, the 360 doesn't have the biggest selection of games, and many are RTS, Sports, and First person shooters, and the japanese gamer HATES shooters. THey can't really explain it, but they just can't stand those kind. They aren't too fond of the other two either. They mostly like RPGs, but again 360's are scarce.

why isn't it selling? a massive lack of development on games the japanese and other asian nations like; its really that simple. We like more japanese developed games than japanese like western developed games. Though some are so weird on each side of the ocean that neither side will release it to the other.

thats the big two; game selection and proper advertizing.

EMX
10-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Where can I get this game?

predatorprime
11-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Where can I get this game?

Japan... there are rumors that it will be release here. It will depend a lot on how Bullet Witch does I think. Japanese games are very hit and miss here. People either love the games (Square, Capcom, Konami) or hate them (Bandai, Koei). I understand that this is a generalized statement, but its ment to be. I does cost a lot for a company to localize a game, so they have to make sure its something we'll play over here.