PDA

View Full Version : The. Best. Game. Ad. Ever.

mattgame
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Gears of war. The add I saw made me stop doing what I was doing dead in my tracks. If that's how the game is going to look then we are definitely next gen now. You will get an erection when you watch. Ladies you will get moist.:cheers:

Liquid Gears
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Let me guess was it the Mad World commercial shown here. The first time I saw this I hated it because that song originally came from the movie Donnie Darko which I was am still am a major fan of. Anyway it was just a big change going from that movie to seeing it on a video game commercial for Gears of War if you know what I mean... but after watching it a few times I kinda like it now.

I'm so pumped for this game, it's one of the main reasons I decided to get a 360 over the PS3.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

killerscott
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah its a good commercial. Good song too. I know it was popularized by Gary Jewels but the Tears for Fears (original) version is a whole different kinda feel... it sounds wierd at first but its nice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ev8ayqEk0

edit: Anyways, I'm so excited for this game I'm going insane! I can't get COD3 when it comes out because if I do, when i get Gears I will have to stop COD3 and I'll never play it again!

greenpyro
11-06-2006, 04:49 PM
i already made a topic about the new gears of war ad, ya bastad. hahaha, no biggie.

mattgame
11-06-2006, 07:49 PM
i already made a topic about the new gears of war ad, ya bastad. hahaha, no biggie.

I swear I looked but I didn't see it. Sorry about that.:cheers:

Liquid Gears
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I know it was popularized by Gary Jewels but the Tears for Fears (original) version is a whole different kinda feel... it sounds wierd at first but its nice.

Gary Jewels? You mean Gary Jules, he did a great job remaking mad world. I've never liked the Tears For Fears version.

But yeah its always been in my top 5 for songs ever since I first heard it in Donnie Darko. I liked it so much I remade the song in my own version on the guitar earlier back in the beginning of this year. Once I get my new mac laptop next year, hopefully, I'll try and record my version on GarageBand on post it in one of my website profiles.

OMG this game is making me crave an xbox 360 bad :bang:

J4320
11-06-2006, 11:06 PM
In my opinion, that song in the Gears of War trailer puts an emotional side to it that just isn't there. It doesn't fit the overall theme of the game from what I've seen so far.

Liquid Gears
11-06-2006, 11:27 PM
In my opinion, that song in the Gears of War trailer puts an emotional side to it that just isn't there. It doesn't fit the overall theme of the game from what I've seen so far.

That's awesome thanks for sharing!!

... :whistle:

lol just buggin ya

J4320
11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
That's awesome thanks for sharing!!

... :whistle:

lol just buggin ya

You should be glad I'm sharing and using my time here with the limited amount of members you guys have right now. :p

FuNkY mOnK
11-09-2006, 08:25 AM

What do you mean? That song is perfect for this game, just for the one line where "dying in his dreams are the best he's ever had" come on dude, if that don't tell you it's a mad world what will?This game is all about madness and revenge. The song fits the emotion perfect, pissed off badass with remorse for everything beautiful that is no more. Does that make sense?