PDA

View Full Version : XBox Black Knight Case upgrade nightmare

Adrenochrome
11-07-2006, 02:35 AM
I had a recent unresolved problem with an online company that I bought an Xbox 360 upgrade case with that I thought I'd share with you all. The company is "Extreme-mods" and you can purchase their upgrade kit at :

http://www.extreme-mods.com/black-knight-360-case-p.html

_However,_I_would_suggest_against_this_, and will explain to you why. The kit comes with a missing plastic part that goes underneath the HD (if you have a HD supplied Xbox 360).

When first I emailed the company that the part was missing they wrote back :
>"general@extreme-mods" <general@extreme-mods.com> wrote: Sure just go ahead and >send back the side that you don't need and put in a note saying which side you do need. >Or just send back both parts and we'll take a look at it. The part you took a picture of is >the grill that goes where the HDD goes if you have the core system. If you have a >premium system with a hdd you won't need it. Thank you

This was an obvious falsehood, as what was the part that I still had (which was the stock grey part that the Xbox 360 came with?? They simply refused to admit that they didn't have the part.

After a lengthy delay and not recieving the part back I emailed them again and recieved the response:
>"general@extreme-mods" <general@extreme-mods.com> wrote: Why did you send us >that part back? We had already sent it to you and you sent it back to us. You will have >to pay for shipping as it was not our fault that you would not listen to our emails of us >telling you exactly what it was. Please go back and reread our emails. If you need the >part you will need to pay $5 for shipping if you are in the usa or we will give you a quote if >you are outside the usa. Thank you

Huh? In good business conduct I had sent the parts back to them that I did not need. Now they want to extract another $5 from me??? Outrageous. Also, the "I don't need it" line again. I resent the photo and after another incorrect email, their next email reply was:
>Ok i see the part you are talking about. You should have sent a picture originally and we >would not have had this problem. Either way we have already paid to send you parts >once and we feel you should pay for shipping($5) to have that part shipped to you. If you >do not agree please let us know and we'll try to resolve this. Thank you

Uh, I did send a picture (YOU MORON!). And again they want me to pay for a part they never shipped! I am really glad I saved the original grey piece, though I guess I'll have to spray paint it black to match the case. Anyways, I thought you guys should know about these jokers.

This whole thing really isn't about the 5 dollar charge for the missing part. It is about the ethics this company doesn't have. Avoid doing business with them. I would recommend other companys if you want these sort of services. Just an fyi. So you don't get screwed like I did.

- Chuck

Liquid Gears
11-07-2006, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up :cheers:

If you were me, would you order from this company off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BLACK-CHROME-XBOX-360-SYSTEM-SKIN-skins-mods-faceplate_W0QQitemZ230047995767QQihZ013QQcategoryZ20385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cause I'm considering doing it but I'm not sure now.

Adrenochrome
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Not based on the service I recieved. Something to keep in mind though. I'm done with them though. :cuss:

xmods
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
LOL, ok heres the deal. This guy bought a case from us a few weeks ago and claimed he did not get a part to the case or a piece was broken. So fine we sent him the new parts he requested without even having him send the parts in question back, which goes against typical online shopping rules. Normally when you buy something online and its defective you need to send the part/item back and they will then evaluate it and send you a replacement if necessary. We opted to skip past this step as we did not want to cause him any more hassle as we try to take care of our customers the best we can and always have (for over 6 years!), so we shipped him the new parts and he got them just fine. He then tells us we sent him too many parts and some of the parts he doesn't need. He then shows us a picture of the part and asks what it is for. We tell him and he insists he wants to send the extra pieces back. We pleaded with him not to send the parts back as he DOES need them, but at the time he didn't realize it. So then a week or so goes past and he emails us saying he needs us to send him a particular part. We checked really quick and it was one of the parts we sent him that he claimed he didn't need and sent back to us. So then he proceeds to tell us he never received the part. We then inform him that we have not touched the parts he sent back and the part he is requesting is in that package. So because we had already sent him the parts once we felt he should pick up the $5 shipping charges this time as it was not our fault he sent it back as we pleaded with him in 2 separate emails not to send them back to us. So anyhow we ended up sending him the part and we did pay for shipping, and then he comes here and makes this thread. So take what you will from this thread, but we have always been one of the best companies online and will continue to be for some time.

Liquid Gears
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
So are you tell me you guys won't rip me off if I consider ordering a case for you? Just make sure you guys send everything that is needed if I do cause in the past I've been screwed with on Ebay and I really don't wanna go through that with you guys.

Liquid Gears
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
$60 is pricy for a plastic case eh, you might want to consider lowering the price a ton if you wanna get more sales.

Liquid Gears
11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
http://www.modchip.com/

Where is this site located out of?

Adrenochrome
11-09-2006, 11:47 PM
>> Well, they did finally send me the part, which was conducting good business on
their part. :cheers: So I thank them for that. I do have a rebuttal for their
response though:

LOL, ok heres the deal. This guy bought a case from us a few weeks ago and claimed he did not get a part to the case or a piece was broken. So fine we sent him the new parts he requested without even having him send the parts in question back, which goes against typical online shopping rules.
>> They only sent the part, finally, after this whole mess was started. I just got it today.
They really should not treat their customers like this. It's not good business. I may
change my mind in the future and do business with them again after them being
responsible and sending the part after me doing my part and returning what I did not
need. I am greatful that they did the right thing.

Normally when you buy something online and its defective you need to send the part/item back and they will then evaluate it and send you a replacement if necessary.
>> I was missing a part - there were no defective parts to speak of. I merely sent back to
them the parts I did not need. And it was out of my pocket too. I was just trying to do
what was right. Maybe someone else could use the parts. :whistle:

We opted to skip past this step as we did not want to cause him any more hassle as we try to take care of our customers the best we can and always have (for over 6 years!), so we shipped him the new parts and he got them just fine. He then tells us we sent him too many parts and some of the parts he doesn't need.
>> Not sure what this means. I never recieved anything but the final part I just got.

He then shows us a picture of the part and asks what it is for.
>> Because me sending them the picture was not enough. I had to resend an electronic
copy so that they knew what I was talking about!

We tell him and he insists he wants to send the extra pieces back. We pleaded with him not to send the parts back as he DOES need them, but at the time he didn't realize it.
>> Uh, huh? I did not need them. They were for an xbox360 _without_ a HD. I would
suggest to this company that they track individual customer needs better. They seem
to be really confused as to what my needs are and were. Again, I am glad they came
through in the end. But there is a lot of thrash here that should not have been. IF they'd
paid attention we would have never gotten into this mess. :(

So then a week or so goes past and he emails us saying he needs us to send him a particular part. We checked really quick and it was one of the parts we sent him that he claimed he didn't need and sent back to us. So then he proceeds to tell us he never received the part.
>> I didn't! :bang: Would I make such a fuss if I had. Come on man. We are talking
about a $5 part! I just want what I paid for. :cuss:

We then inform him that we have not touched the parts he sent back and the part he is requesting is in that package.
>> No, it wasn't. Dear reader, we are talking about the plastic part that goes under the
xbox360's HD. If you've done a case upgrade, then you know what I'm talking about.

So because we had already sent him the parts once we felt he should pick up the $5 shipping charges this time as it was not our fault he sent it back as we pleaded with him in 2 separate emails not to send them back to us. So anyhow we ended up sending him the part and we did pay for shipping, and then he comes here and makes this thread. So take what you will from this thread, but we have always been one of the best companies online and will continue to be for some time.
>> Yes, they did send the part back. Perhaps what is needed is better communication.
As a customer I would think that sending back the unneeded parts, a photocopy of
the part that is needed, a detailed description and return address would be enough.
There must be more going on that I am not aware of. I don't know what to say at this point. I went though hell, but they delivered after a lot of pain and agony for me. Maybe my returning the parts screwed up their system I don't know. I am not one to hold on to things I don't need though. I do what is right and send them back. Wouldn't you?

>> Chuck