PDA

View Full Version : Project 8

predatorprime
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I would just like to take the time, since everyone is all hyped about Gears, to remind everyone that the new Tony Hawk game is out... and its awesome. This is easily the best in the series. The city is cool and theres all kinds of trick spots and the challenges are hard enough because there are multiple difficulties to each one. If you were a fan of any of the previous games and maybe stayed away because THUG and THAW were gay ass games, buy this because its a return to greatness for the birdman.

PS for all of you that have some how got a copy of Gears of War today...you suck! :crying:

J4320
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM
I loved the demo. I've played it SO much. It's crazy. I'm addicted to all of the crazy combos that you can get and stuff.

I'm definitely going to either rent this or get it when the price goes down.

wulkar
11-08-2006, 04:43 AM
i have played every single tonyhawk game except the ones that had a 2 in the title...i am going to get this one and i know i am going to enjoy it.

y2kash_14
11-08-2006, 07:57 AM
THPS 3 is by far my favorite.....that cruise ship level was amazing.

This one's looking good....but I can't get it right now....there's no way I can get three games at the same time (I MUST get GoW and CoD3)

predatorprime
11-08-2006, 09:49 AM
THPS 3 is by far my favorite.....that cruise ship level was amazing.

This one's looking good....but I can't get it right now....there's no way I can get three games at the same time (I MUST get GoW and CoD3)

Tony Hawk 2 for the DC was the best in the series. Honestly thats one of the big reasons why I still had my DC hooked up for so long. The only issue I have with Project 8 isn't actually with the game, its with the 360 controller. I used to use the D-Pad to trick in the old games, but the 360 D is awful because it slides too easily. Just takes some getting used to, I'm getting better already.

nesgamingcom
11-08-2006, 08:06 PM
it got like a 7.8 from ign. ill pass

predatorprime
11-09-2006, 04:42 AM
it got like a 7.8 from ign. ill pass

The game is better than the review. Theres about 3 issues that they ***** about, 1 theres a little slow down in the game right before it loads up a cut scene, 2 the character models (specifically the faces on the skate pros) aren't that great, and 3 the 360 controller is a bit awkward to play the game with if you are used to using th dpad to play tony hawk games.
The first 2 issues don't hinder the game at all really, they just have to take away points from it. The last problem just means you have to learn how to use the analog stick