PDA

View Full Version : Wii and Xbox..

odpr
11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Well,
after watching the Wii in
Gamespot, I can now say for sure, since I am on the fence, that the wii is not for me.

altough it is quite fun , and gimicky to move the remote arround in the air, and so, still the gfx look so outdated , I mean this is 2007 almost, and gfx look even worse then the first Xbox.

and since it is clear enough that the ps3 and Xbox will mimic that remote if they see it is going well, I guess I will skip the Wii, and now I only have to wait to see Ps3 or Xbox 360 ? :)

wulkar
11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
this is your opinion and thats cool but games arnt all about grafix. the wiis innovative nature makes up for its not quite up to par grafix. but i mean sooner or later games are going to if not already do look like real life so grafix are not always going to matter, but gameplay and innovation is practicaly everending.

odpr
11-10-2006, 04:34 PM
yes, u are right, I was also thinking like that, but did you see Gamespot presentation ?

the gfx is really Catastroph,
and again what I think is that if this remote will succed Microsoft, and playstation which already doing some of it, will come out with new remote that have it..

and then you will have a new console (ps3 or xbox360) that also have new GFX and new remote.

this is what I think..

wulkar
11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
well you cant really use sony as a innovator because they have stolen most of their ideas from nintendo.

and yes i think that controllers should be innovative along with the grafix but human nature is to be afraid of things that are different and i think nintendo is so successful because they take risks with new things

l Maximus l
11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, personally, I will always look at Nintendo as a younger aged system. It's great for kids, IMO, but, I'm turning 31 years old this weekend and I'm perfectly content with my 360. Gears of War is, without question, a next gen game that uses the 360's power. If you guys haven't seen it, you must...it's incredible!

carlbme
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
While alot of the stuff Nintendo puts out is kid oriented it's also developed enough that even adults can enjoy it.

I know I'm looking forward to grabing the remote and having some fun with the sports games that has been shown over and over again.

predatorprime
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I have been a diehard Nintendo/Sega fanboy for about 18 or 19 years now. When the Dreamcast signaled the end of Sega making hardware I was actually pretty sad as a gamer.
I think Nintendo is good because they make games that are fun, they also make things that other companies wouldn't think to come out with. That being said, I think the Wii will be it for Nintendo. The DS is a success because the GBA needed a replacement, not really because of the games. All the DS had to do was beat a new hand held (PSP) which was basically useless as a hand held because of its amazingly awesome battery life (sarcasm) oh and the games ate ass at release too. The problem with the DS and what will be a problem for the Wii is that the 3rd party developers don't think through the new functions. They just slap some dumbass touch/motion function and call it a day. In wii launch line up theres a game that sticks out to me and thats Rayman. This game is the reason why I bought a 360 instead of a wii... the idea of taking one of the greatest platform characters and mashing it into some BS mini game and calling it a blockbuster release title is retarded. The wii will unfortunately end up being a big gimmick and nothing else.
It will fail, eventually, more than likely when the idiots at sony smarten up and realize that they aren't really a clear cut number one anymore. I may still buy a Wii for a few of the games, just not anytime soon. I will how even eat a bucket of scorpions before I buy anything made by sony again. Long life the 360, M$ deserves this one for the effort they put into Live and the 360

By the way Maximus my wife just turned 30 yesterday. She really only plays uno and hearts...and she'll play DDR and Guitar Hero 2 once they are out

vman
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
odpr, you're an idiot if you think MS is gonna come out with some sort of motion sensing thing other than maybe a camera thing ala eye toy. You are also an idiot for not even considering the Wii because of it's graphics. What the Wii will be able to do is amazing and Sony won't come close to it. If anything, Son'y gay "sixaxis" (even though its actually 3 axis) will be the gimmick here. There's only two games that will actually use this technology extensively so far those games being Lair and Warhawk. Both games looking average at best. Other games use the "sixaxis" capabilities but it's only a feature and not really an essential gameplay mechanic.

The Wii is all about Nintendo exclusives. If you don't get that, then you are blind. Nintendo will rock faces with it's Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link, Yoshi, Samus, Pokemon, and everything in between. I'm giddy in anticipation to see what kind of awesome FPS some game developer will come out with (i'm not confident Red Steel will be THAT game that everybody talks about.) Also, I can only imagine what LucasArts will have in store for the Wii. LucasArts has always favored Nintendo consoles when it came to making action games so lookout for the next game that you will be able to actually, FOR THE FIRST TIME, wield a lightsaber and use the nunchuck for your Force powers.

So screw you and your closed mind. If you don't want to try anthing new, fun, exciting, innovative, and original then go ahead. But if you do end up getting the PS3 then I will truly feel sorry for you. Because you will essentially be paying $100-$200 extra for the same games, an unproven online feature, and no more than 3 exclusive AAA titles.

BTW, odpr, i mean no offense by this. so dont take this the wrong way. Im not trying to personally attack you cause you are still my xba brother.

SamSmith
11-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Treat us to a link Odpr

odpr
11-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Well I also though like you, actually I thought so until yesterday when I saw gamespot try of the Wii,
you should have seen the faces of the players their, they were enjoying, yes for 5 min lets say per game, but then the gimmick of weaving your hand to make something in the screen over, and you look at the game, you want to see improvements in that area too, the GFX.,

Look at gamespot, check the GFX what Nintendo is doing is totally insult to the community.

,the sport games there can not be played fully, means it only kinda demo,
For example in the baseball you don't move your player around the field you just hit the ball,
In the tennis for example you don't move the players you just hit

So I am sure Nintendo will come out with nicer games,
But think about GTA, gears of war,devil may cry, Nintendo can never do that.

Also what I think is that the wii is more suited for party game
Less for one player.

Think in the future, actually the near future, in two years, HD TV will be anywhere,
ps3 and Xbox 360 will be much cheaper,
1080I will be standard, think after the hype of waving the remote will end, which I am sure it will end after one day

You will end up with 480
While every machine will play at 1080p

I am still on the fence haven't decided what to buy yet, right now the clear winner to my opinion is the Xbox.
still I see that most of the Xbox games goes the line of the old Xbox , which means a lot of sport games and FPS

playstation have nice games coming which I don;t think
we are going to see around in the Xbox, like virtua fighters,teken, metal gear solid, devil may cry , and ninja gaiden.

so again I am on the fence

and I am suggesting all of you to check Gamespot video, and see that after the hype of the remote end, how the games look like.

SamSmith
11-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Think about the price though, surely having inovation and fun at a much lower price with acclaimed nintendo exclusives is a good deal?

odpr
11-11-2006, 07:58 AM
yes it is a good deal for the next months, think in two years..
think a head.
not tommrow,
yes if I wan to buy something cheap and fun then you are right, next week I should get a Wii,

but in one year, the ps3 will also be cheap and fun.
and the Xbox is already good price, and also fun..

l Maximus l
11-11-2006, 04:17 PM
While alot of the stuff Nintendo puts out is kid oriented it's also developed enough that even adults can enjoy it.

I know I'm looking forward to grabing the remote and having some fun with the sports games that has been shown over and over again.

I hear ya...there's no question that adults can have fun - but not long term, IMO. Maybe I just have old balls or something :rofl:

predatorprime
11-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm a little bit disappointed with something gamespot said after the Wii preview. Apparently 3 out of the 5 Wii-motes stoped working...I'm really surpised. I havee a launch GC and a SNES that both still run like the day I got them. Its wierd how companies (M$ included) think its ok to release broken products and then fix them later. I'd be pissed if I bought any of the systems on release day and then it broke right away.

odpr
11-13-2006, 06:59 AM
take a look what happend in IGN when they first so Wii GFX..

http://blogs.ign.com/Hil-IGN/2006/11/11/36713/

Highlite23
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
While GFX aren't all you should base your choice on it is a part of the overall experience, and after reading the IGN debaukle, I'm even more hesitant.

I'm still up in the air about the Wii, and the PS3 for that matter. Both these sytems are on my "Wait and see" list, see what people are saying after release.

I can probably predict I'll pick up a Wii in time, as for the PS3, unless that price comes down a bit I'm out for a year or so.

vman
11-13-2006, 01:40 PM
http://blogs.ign.com/Hil-IGN/2006/11/11/36713/
I guess Nintendo was banking on parents just putting it in their kid's bedroom with their 25" CRT.

Slacker
11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
We'll heres my 2 cents,,,I'm a Fat old lazy gamer , the prospect of me using the wii remote they way it is intended is very doubtful , I see myself enjoying it for about 3 minutes then the gimmick would get old , if I was a six year old high on sugar I would be in heaven , I move around enough at work , I don't need to come home and sweat ,,,,, I hope the other controller they have will work with zelda , because when it comes down to it , the only reason I buy nintendo's is because of zelda

thatdude222
11-17-2006, 01:18 PM
wii isnt about graphics, so dont review them...

predatorprime
11-17-2006, 04:11 PM
ummm... zelda is the least of the reasons why I buy nintendo systems. what about mario and metriod, or even smash brothers? People buying a wii for Zelda should save their money. I plan on getting one for everything else, simply because nintendo = fun, microsoft = same old thing, sony = sweaty pile of crap

odpr
11-19-2006, 08:54 AM
well now it is the money time..:)
we will see who will win..

ShadedNine
11-19-2006, 01:56 PM
I went out and bought one this morning. While I'd rather sit down and enjoy a game of gears of war, or splinter cell, or a serious racer like Forza, I find the Wii fills a nice little niche the 360 doesn't. One, it's games strike me as easier to just sit down and play for 30 minutes, which is the longest I can ever really spare, and 2, it's a little more...shall we say, girlfriend friendly. Not that she doesn't like the 360, but she really doesn't stand a chance of even coming close to beating me at 360 games, while I think she'll fare much better with the Wii (haven't played the gf yet, my projo at home is out for maintenance, but I got beat by my little sister at wiisports).

J4320
11-19-2006, 02:06 PM
My brother got a Wii. I set up my profile on it. It's pretty entertaining. I think Nintendo did a good job. :cheers:

killerscott
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
It's maddness. My managers at work thought it was going to be much smaller then the ps3 launch, (34 people for the ps3, because thats all we had) but it was much larger (over 86 people for the wii)

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 08:13 AM
Nintendo never went for graphics on any console. They geared toward fun and they achieved it on every level they played on. I personally will get one just for the entertainment value. I love the fact that you can surf the net and its WI-FI Wooot. And the controllers are sick that they are motion sensitive. Talk about a new edge to mario party. All I gotta say is get some friends together and some drinks and you will have a blast. Just make sure you got cash for another controller as you might break one in the fun!

odpr
11-20-2006, 08:18 AM
My brother got a Wii. I set up my profile on it. It's pretty entertaining. I think Nintendo did a good job. :cheers:

so explain more,
how is the games ?
how is the GFX?

is it accurate at all ?

HaZarD SFD
11-20-2006, 08:35 AM
so explain more,
how is the games ?
how is the GFX?

is it accurate at all ?

x2

Please more info :hail: