PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Destroyed

killerscott
11-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I love how the Wii has already sold about double what the PS3 has. Wow PS3 sucks... Nearly all of them are over-heating. The one at Best Buy over heats about ever 5 minutes... (In a 2 minute time period it did happen twice while I stood there). Mind you that was the second straight day it was on... Though we have had the 360 running for a year now.

neurro
11-19-2006, 10:00 PM
They've sold more because there has been considerably more available than the PS3.

That aside, the PS3's are overheating and the system wont reach potential for at least a year, so I agree with you there.

thatdude222
11-19-2006, 10:06 PM
are Wii's sold out everywhere? are people camping?

l Maximus l
11-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I had no idea that the Wii was out. But, anyway, I heard a bunch of stories locally about PS3s overheating. I know a guy that bought one and he is so disappointed with it that he packaged it up and just sold it on ebay. He admitted that he was bit by the hype bug, but, was extremely disappointed in the system after he got it.

neurro
11-20-2006, 02:32 AM
I had no idea that the Wii was out. But, anyway, I heard a bunch of stories locally about PS3s overheating. I know a guy that bought one and he is so disappointed with it that he packaged it up and just sold it on ebay. He admitted that he was bit by the hype bug, but, was extremely disappointed in the system after he got it.

Yeah, the Wii came out two days after the PS3. Stores around here sold probably 4x more units than they did with the PS3, but again Nintendo is releasing a LOT more than Sony is. I think many people have been hit by the hype bug when concerning the Wii as well. I've been playing it the last two days and don't see anything overly great about it.

The majority of launch titles were reviewed with mediocre scores and in truth aren't anything worth getting the system for. The only standout launch game is Zelda and even that isn't anything to go nuts over. The game is really good, but it isn't anything you can't experience by playing other systems or even revisiting the previous Zelda games. Motion sensor doesn't play much of a part, and felt somewhat gimmicky to me.

$249.99 is really what the Wii has going for it. Most people can stomach that + Zelda and feel justified in their purchase.

All new systems need to grow a gaming library and the developers gain experience over time with working on them. The 360 is just now reaching it's potential I believe.

Reclaimer
11-20-2006, 03:23 AM
I'm probably going to pick up a Wii.

odpr
11-20-2006, 05:41 AM
I don't know what over heat issues you are talking
with the ps3, because every site I read about it , say that not like the Xbox the ps3 is quite and doesn't over heat at all...
so maybe you have seen
test units and so..

and about the Wii, the reason that is sell so well now is :
1) it is the only console avaiable (excpet xbox, but this one every body got already.)
2) there is no ps3 out there to buy.
3) it is way over hyped.

and of course how can you say anything on any console that is only 2 days on the market..
let's give them few months..

killerscott
11-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I know the Wii was available at launch... But thats the point. By not having the units available Sony is falling way behind. Also there were only around 40 people waiting for the PS3 while there were over 90 waiting for the Wii(at my local bestbuy). But because the Ps3 is so hard to get, and it's price tag, it seems that parents are buying the Wii or xbox360 in its place for their children's christmas.

I wont deny, I liked the motion sensor controller, but it did seem laggy and also there were slowdown issues when a lot was going on. And the over heating I'm talking about is causing it to freeze then go strait to the guide screen.

thatdude222
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
what do you mean by "gimmicky"?

SamSmith
11-20-2006, 04:52 PM
limited appeal, focussing on 1 innovative aspect to hide areas where it lacks. not necessarily "innovative either"

not my opinion, just reiterating.

neurro
11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the motion sensor technology is innovative, don't get me wrong, but when SOLELY concerning Zelda it feels like the motion sensor is tacked on. It just didn't feel like it melded with the gameplay but rather was added to justify its presence on the Wii.

This is just my opinion :)

J4320
11-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Heh when I was entering this thread I was thinking this topic would be about that dumbass smashmyps3 stuff.

Anyway, of course the Wii sold more. That was to be expected. There were nowhere near as many PS3 systems released as there were Wii systems. The PS3 has seemed to hit the media harder and it has gained a lot more attention than the Wii, even though there were far less PS3's.

As for them overheating, do you have any sources to show that or are you just basing that statement off of a PS3 you saw at the store?

odpr
11-21-2006, 02:00 AM
I know the Wii was available at launch... But thats the point. By not having the units available Sony is falling way behind. Also there were only around 40 people waiting for the PS3 while there were over 90 waiting for the Wii(at my local bestbuy). But because the Ps3 is so hard to get, and it's price tag, it seems that parents are buying the Wii or xbox360 in its place for their children's christmas.

I wont deny, I liked the motion sensor controller, but it did seem laggy and also there were slowdown issues when a lot was going on. And the over heating I'm talking about is causing it to freeze then go strait to the guide screen.

yes well nintendo doesn't have to do a lot,
I mean their console is with very old technology, they could have make millions of them,
it is like sony will decide to make a red ps2 , how many do u think they can produce ?
millions in one day, because it is the same technology.

ps3 (and xbox) is filled with new technology, to build one ps 3 take 6 times the time to build Wii, so it is not fair to say that at lunch date there were few ps 3..
give it more time.. one month,,

as I said before the numbers will change in one year..

killerscott
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Heh when I was entering this thread I was thinking this topic would be about that dumbass smashmyps3 stuff.

Anyway, of course the Wii sold more. That was to be expected. There were nowhere near as many PS3 systems released as there were Wii systems. The PS3 has seemed to hit the media harder and it has gained a lot more attention than the Wii, even though there were far less PS3's.

As for them overheating, do you have any sources to show that or are you just basing that statement off of a PS3 you saw at the store?
First off, to say that it is unfair to compare numbers because the PS3 takes longer to make is stupid. IF that was the only issue, PS3 could and would have began producing the PS3 earlier for a solid launch. and again guys I realize that if the PS3 released 500,000 + units then it would have sold 500,000+ units. I'm just saying that the bottom line is Wii-750,000, PS3-250,000. It does'nt really matter what factors went into it. If a company can't produce they fail. They're losing.

About the over heating, I work at a retailer and we have a message board where people post problems and questions. There were a tonof complaints of over heating issues, and freezing going on with the demo kiosks all over the U.S.

J4320
11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
First off, to say that it is unfair to compare numbers because the PS3 takes longer to make is stupid. IF that was the only issue, PS3 could and would have began producing the PS3 earlier for a solid launch. and again guys I realize that if the PS3 released 500,000 + units then it would have sold 500,000+ units. I'm just saying that the bottom line is Wii-750,000, PS3-250,000. It does'nt really matter what factors went into it. If a company can't produce they fail. They're losing.

About the over heating, I work at a retailer and we have a message board where people post problems and questions. There were a tonof complaints of over heating issues, and freezing going on with the demo kiosks all over the U.S.

Read my post again, I never said that.

neurro
11-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I work at a Gamestop and our PS3 demo overheated the other day.

DannyBZR
11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
All in all though lets not foul ourselves the Ps3 will be a huge hit if we like it or not..

mattgame
11-22-2006, 02:31 PM
All in all though lets not foul ourselves the Ps3 will be a huge hit if we like it or not..

You've been fouled, I mean fooled. It's not guaranteed at all.

odpr
11-23-2006, 03:17 AM
yes,
well seeing today that another softweare house went to Xbox,
if the differentiate in numbers will continue to grow like that, software house that were developing games to the PS3 only, will see that they are going to loose a lot of money,

after all devil may cry will sell at the most 400,000 copies,,
that is not something they build upon,

so every company will move the code to the Xbox to sell 2,000,000 copies at least..

so if by october, we won't see that PS3 have at least 2,000,000 users , I guess we are going to see all the rest exclusive titles going to the Xbox, and if that happen, then I guess it is bye bye sony..

Punisher
11-23-2006, 04:35 AM
There is nothing on the PS3 that makes me want to get it. A lot of the PS3 exclusive titles are going to the 360. Why spend the money to get a PS3? ;)

m2iceman
11-23-2006, 08:40 AM
I didnt plan on picking up a PS3, didnt preorder so I figured Id have to wait till next year. Im at Gamestop picking up R6 for the X360 and the girl says someone doesnt want the 20GB. He was upset because he wanted the 60GB and they only had the 20GB so he didnt want it. Im like hey, Ill take it.Well, get it home and play for 2 hours, shut it off for an hour and then go to watch a Blue Ray movie and red light of death. Im like this cant be happening. It was brand new out the box and now a brick. I check the manual and it says if the red light is blinking, its overheating. I let it sit for an hour, red light, 5 hours, red light, 5 more hours, red light. Start searches online, forums are reporting the problems. YouTube is showing videos. Now I have to send it back and wait for a new one.

As far as what I did see in the short period, Resistance is nothing special. It looks nice, thats about it. There isnt anything new for a FPS. The guns are cool, but thats about it. I have read that it compares or even overshadows GoW, but I have to ask who wrote that. I have played GoW since the day it came out and to compare the two isnt even close. I will admit too that the launch lineup is weak, very weak. I wanted the PS3 for the Blue Ray and some of the killer apps that are coming up Heavenly Sword, Killzone. Oh yeah, what a pain it was to register this thing. Anyway, my short lived PS3 experience is negative. Graphics look on par with my X360, well maybe when some better games come out and I actually have a system that works maybe then I can see which system is better. I think the are equal but who am I.

FatBox
11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I heard on the news that Sony is losing $200 each system they sell. It sounds like to me the PS3 is ****ed over.

mattgame
11-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Damn overheating already? That truly sucks!

J4320
11-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard on the news that Sony is losing $200 each system they sell. It sounds like to me the PS3 is ****ed over.

On launch, Microsoft also lost money for every console sold. I think it was only around $70 though. Microsoft is now making about $75 profit for every console sold now.

But yeah, $200 is pretty crazy. They're hoping to make it back with the software prices I guess.

thatdude222
11-23-2006, 02:29 PM
On launch, Microsoft also lost money for every console sold. I think it was only around $70 though. Microsoft is now making about $75 profit for every console sold now.

But yeah, $200 is pretty crazy. They're hoping to make it back with the software prices I guess. well, then they have to sell 4-5 games just to break even... seems like a ton, i only have 4 360 games