PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beat GoW on Insane yet?

l Maximus l
11-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Just curious, brethren. I played on-line co-op with an XBA member here nicknamed ChessPieceFace. Some of you guys may know him - he's been a member here for a while but doesn't post much. I started playing Insane from the beginning and he jumped in during the middle of Act 1. We played until 4am and beat it on Insane!

Good times good times...some places were pretty tough, I will admit. I started playing multi-player over XBL and this game ownz me...so awesome!

So, anyone beat it on Insane yet?

EMX
11-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I've only beaten it on Casual.:( The game is so short though I'm sure I'll try for hardcore, I'll need someone really good to help me beat Insane though.

CarGuy
11-26-2006, 12:35 PM
i've only had a chance to pick it up a couple times and i havent got past the part where they're cutting through the door.. jesus this game is hard

laughs
11-26-2006, 01:20 PM
How short is the game? And whats the difference between the extended edition and the normal one? And why do I poo blue?

EDIT: Get "In View" by The Tragically Hip and watch Maximus' avatar dance to it... It's a pure delight.

ChessPieceFace
11-26-2006, 01:49 PM
If you play it on insane it will add hours of frustration :D . Me and Maxi replayed this one part over and over , he knows what im talking about since it was mostly me heh. But dang I think we played 12 hours straight that night on the campaign.

Nato King
11-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I beat the game on Insane the other night. I didn't find it that hard. Just takes alot of time to do. right now i am working on going through the game as Dom so I can get the co-op achievement. so anyone want to help me get that just add me and we can go through insane, hardcore or easy doesn't matter.

J4320
11-26-2006, 02:23 PM
If you play it on insane it will add hours of frustration :D . Me and Maxi replayed this one part over and over , he knows what im talking about since it was mostly me heh. But dang I think we played 12 hours straight that night on the campaign.

Did it happen to be the part where you drive through the night in that vehicle with the killer bats? That part took me and my friend a good 25 minutes to beat on insane. :mad:

Jackyboy
11-26-2006, 02:55 PM
ive beaten it on hardcore, i havent tried insane yet tho

l Maximus l
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Did it happen to be the part where you drive through the night in that vehicle with the killer bats? That part took me and my friend a good 25 minutes to beat on insane. :mad:

Actually, it was the rail car part. For some reason, it took a good solid hour for us to get passed it. Once I switched from my shotgun to my machine gun, it was a breeze. ChessPieceFace had a challenging time through the first corodor. Because we were playing Co-Op, if one of us died, we both had to start over. I give credit to ChessPieceFace, though...he really stuck through the frusteration and passed it.

The car part we beat it the first time - one part took off a good half of our health, though. I was manning the light gun and ChessPieceFace drove. We may have gotten lucky, but, it didn't seem too rough for us except for one part where the bats flew up from under the bridge when I was looking upwards.

Oh yeah, Serg...hit me up - we'll play it on Insane - just let me know and we can plan it.

EDIT: Man, it's windy here right now...I hope I don't lose power!

Unreal
12-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Just curious, brethren. I played on-line co-op with an XBA member here nicknamed ChessPieceFace. Some of you guys may know him - he's been a member here for a while but doesn't post much. I started playing Insane from the beginning and he jumped in during the middle of Act 1. We played until 4am and beat it on Insane!

Good times good times...some places were pretty tough, I will admit. I started playing multi-player over XBL and this game ownz me...so awesome!

So, anyone beat it on Insane yet?
The game is insane. I have the whole offline game finished now including Insane. I have hard time taking Gears out now and I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing ;)

ll Mista GT ll
12-02-2006, 08:55 PM
WOW, that was SOOOOOO gay. The Campaign was SO short. What a rip off. Whats the point of doing it again in a harder mode? Is it worth it?

l Maximus l
12-02-2006, 09:07 PM
WOW, that was SOOOOOO gay. The Campaign was SO short. What a rip off. Whats the point of doing it again in a harder mode? Is it worth it?

Yes! I believe the game was meant to be played on Insane mode. Besides, you get bragging rights! :hardcore:

Nurb
12-02-2006, 11:11 PM
does anyone know where real game screenshots are? I'm curious how they compare to the pre-release shots :D

Jackyboy
12-02-2006, 11:47 PM
i just started act 3 on insane, and it really hasnt been too hard so far

laughs
12-03-2006, 03:16 PM
How long is the single player mode anyway? 10 hours or more and i'm ok with it.

Lemon
12-03-2006, 03:28 PM
i beat it in about 3 days playing only about 2 hours a day...maybe less.

but i was also only playing on casual and single player

Jackyboy
12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
How long is the single player mode anyway? 10 hours or more and i'm ok with it.

very short. less than 5 hours on easy difficulty

laughs
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
very short. less than 5 hours on easy difficulty

OMG!!!! :yikes:

Jags
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I beat the game on Insane the other night. I didn't find it that hard. Just takes alot of time to do.

Amen, i didnt find Insane too hard either you just gotta play smart

NiNeBReaKeR
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
60 bucks for 5 hours of ******* gameplay!?!? Hell no thank you very daum much.

The online multiplayer better be spectacular if thats the case.....

ChessPieceFace
12-06-2006, 03:57 PM

It took me and Maximus 12 hours striaght to beat it on insane. I would agree the campaign is short, but the multiplayer is fun if you got good friends to play it with.

BIGHARV
12-06-2006, 04:39 PM
I am about to start the last act now. Definatly a game ment to be played on the hardest mode.

Jags
12-06-2006, 04:49 PM

personally i wish they would make some changes to the Matchmaking system but otherwise the online is ****ing beutiful

m2iceman
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I have beaten the game on every level. I know this game is short, but online Co-op and temas make this game have some extended life. I havent played many games since this one has come out. Free DLC wil extend its life. I hope that Epic makes the game longer and have a deeper story to it. I can be knit picky about games, but this one isnt one of them. Epic made an incredbile game and I love it. I look forward to free DLC and I can wait on GoW2, too much fun with this one

J4320
12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
It took me and Maximus 12 hours striaght to beat it on insane. I would agree the campaign is short, but the multiplayer is fun if you got good friends to play it with.

12 hours straight? Now that's insane. :yikes:

Wolf1171
12-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I am on Act3 on Insane, already beat it on Hardcore.

SPARTAN 0841992
12-30-2006, 12:34 AM
I beat the game on casual the first day, reaaaaaallly easy. I switched to hardcore on the very last part, just for the achievement. But I COULD NOT find anybody to play insane with me, so I just thought screw it, and started a co-op match. By some miracle I found a good partner, and we're playing through insane mode off and on. We are currently on Act 3, Chapter 2, and it's honestly not too tough. Sure, you die A LOT, but it's never too difficult to continue.

thatdude222
12-30-2006, 12:37 AM
5 hours on casual is still cutting it short, i'd say it took me at least 7. and thatr casual single player. on harder modes with co-op, adding in the games awsome replayability, you're looking at dozens of hours of fun. not to mention the multiplayer.