PDA

View Full Version : No more free XBL?!

m4oH
12-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Well as some of you know, I've been playing WoW lately, and a ton of it I have been playing. My account expires soon and I'm not going to renew it because of how addicting it is. Anyways, this is why I decided to fire up the 360 yesterday. Now I'm not sure if you were aware of this but awhile ago you could play old xbox games free online with just XBL Silver. Yesterday I get on, and it no longer lets me play the old xbox games with silver. WTF?! When'd they change this? All I want to do is play Halo 2, Pandora Tomorrow, and Rainbow Six 3. Is it something wrong with my connection or did they really change it to gold is the only way of having old XBL access?

NiNeBReaKeR
12-03-2006, 11:19 AM
you should just pay for the gold its worth it.

or you could always just make a new name and change your region, i heard that it gives you a new free month of gold. microsoft hasnt figured out how to stop people from doing that so you might as well do it.

m4oH
12-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm going to go try that rightn now. Oh and I am going to be getting gold just not until Christmas but I'd like to be able to play some of my old XBL games till then.

Mwright
12-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Well as some of you know, I've been playing WoW lately, and a ton of it I have been playing. My account expires soon and I'm not going to renew it because of how addicting it is. Anyways, this is why I decided to fire up the 360 yesterday. Now I'm not sure if you were aware of this but awhile ago you could play old xbox games free online with just XBL Silver. Yesterday I get on, and it no longer lets me play the old xbox games with silver. WTF?! When'd they change this? All I want to do is play Halo 2, Pandora Tomorrow, and Rainbow Six 3. Is it something wrong with my connection or did they really change it to gold is the only way of having old XBL access?

yea well my advise would be to not be a cheap person like everyone else that has a silver account...and just go and buy a gold verison ...and its MS service and they have the right to change how and when it can be used whenever they feel free to do soo

m4oH
12-03-2006, 01:43 PM
yea well my advise would be to not be a cheap person like everyone else that has a silver account...and just go and buy a gold verison ...and its MS service and they have the right to change how and when it can be used whenever they feel free to do soo

Here's my advice, stfu. :) Go away. :p I've been paying to XBL since 2003, I'm going to pay for a subscription once I get the money. I wasn't complaining about it no longer being free, I was just surprised and curious to know if they did indeed change it. I know they have the right and I think it always should have been charged to play old XBL games. I was just simply asking a question.

NiNeBReaKeR
12-03-2006, 04:45 PM
i have no idea i never played any of my old xbox games on my 360 before. Mabye in the new update they stoped alowing you to use your 360 for old xbox games on live.