PDA

View Full Version : do games "cheat"?

pjh13
12-24-2006, 12:38 PM
ok i am starting this thread because i am ready to break everything in my room. i have been playing nba2k7 for awhile now and my franchise is 55-6, i play on superstar mode, but i want to break stuff almost everytime i play this game. the computer seems to good at some points, and yes i have changed difficultys before and things like that but thats not the point at the moment. Now before we go on i am one of those people who will quit the game agansit th computer if they are losing, so i have played the next game in my season 59 times and i have yet to win. keep in mind i have a team with 99's all the way across the bored, but i cant beat this team. i cant do anythign agansit them. i cant shake any of the defenders i cant stop them from getting offensive boreds no matter what i do. In one very memorable game i didnt take a shot outside the paint and i went 4 for 45, no joke at all that actually happened. so i was just playing and i finally was getting something going agansit them, and i went into the second half up 45- 15. i lost 46- 52. thats right i scored one point in the second half on 0-13 shooting. i didnt take one three, i wasnt just jacking up shots, i was working the ball in and everything was just halfway down then would rim out. so as you can tell i am very frustrated right now because i just dont get what i can do differantly, because i have tried many strategys, and it all ends the same, i get ok shots they dont go in and the other team makes everything.

ok so now is the real question, do you guys think the computer cheats? i always used to say this stuff back when i played my snes and things like that because the computer players could always do stuff you couldnt so thats why i considered it cheating. like in mario kart on snes when the computer playlers always had there special power that **** drove me nuts. but now i am talking more like in sports games when there are teams that you just cant beat. it happens in madden nba all kinds of games, where no matter how good your team is you cant beat another team and you have to restart and all that ****, its like the computer is not going to let you win. so am i the only one who is crazy enough to think the computer cheats? or is that a legitamite complaint that everyone else has had before?

and clearly i am overreacting but i have anger issues and i want to snap the ****in disc in half so instead of doing that i am talking to you guys, to see if you ever have the same problem

BananaMan
12-24-2006, 02:28 PM
i've always thought that games cheat. Especially the sport games. They can always pull of some amazing plays right when they need them. But when you do it the chance of that happening is like 2%. So i'd say yeah sometimes i do believe they "cheat".

wulkar
12-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Yes i do think the computers cheats at times.

and it looks like the computer on that one wants you to take the disc out and break it.

Whisper
12-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Nope, it just raises its game at crucial times in the game, just like the real world. You need to raise your game too, or they will beat you. Sports are also a mental game, and you're clearly losing the battle. Give your head a shake and get it in the game.. adapt your strategies, if something isn't working you have to change it, mix it up, change plays on the fly.. YOU CAN WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn/

CrazyCougar
12-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I think the better question would be " Does the computer know it cheats?" the answer would be no. Everything is programmed into the game and it reacts when certain variables are in place. At times this could be exagerrated, hence the illusion of the computer cheating. But it all boils down to, the computer is programmed only to do so much based on the situation warranted. It won't do something thats not in the coding ever.

HaZarD SFD
12-24-2006, 06:06 PM
OK so it cheats. Who cares. Just put it on easy, Kick its arse, and cool off.

Jackyboy
12-24-2006, 06:21 PM
many people do, jinx even has a shirt about it

europamo
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
yeah I dont believe the computer cheats, its the programmers!

Uchiha Sasuke
12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh does the computer ever cheat. On Madden for example. On All-Madden mode the computer can make all these crazy ass catches and hits to force fumbles in clutch situations while I on the other hand cannot when I need them. Even if my man is wide open he'll either drop the ball or get hit and fumble. What the hell is that??

SPARTAN 0841992
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I never run into problems like this, but that's probably because I never play sports games. They sure don't cheat in shooters, though!

FatBox
12-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah it seems like the computer will cheat whenver it needs to, especially on harder difficulties. Like in Madden for example if you're playing on All Madden difficulty the computer will never drop a pass and they never fumble yet they seem to make you fumble all the time and your team can't catch ****. It's pretty stupid.