PDA

View Full Version : Hype Warning - Lost Planet Edition

predatorprime
01-09-2007, 05:04 AM
There's a guy that I work with that has Lost Planet (no sure how, I don't ask).
Anyways, apparently the game gets annoying after a while. There isn't any type of balance setup between the different weapons, so some are just awful. The AI isn't all that good either.
I think I may actually rent this one before I buy (which I basically never do) to see if its any good. I just thought I would post this since it is a high profile title that has got pretty good reviews.

Batman_wanna_be
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Are you sure he was not lieing to you, what is his gamertag?

predatorprime
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Are you sure he was not lieing to you, what is his gamertag?

I said I don't ask questions because his 360 is hacked LOL.
I know he has the game, I think its the Japanese release.
anyways I was just throwing the info out there so people know.
You may just want to rent it first thats all.

Jackyboy
01-09-2007, 02:45 PM
or you guys can just play the demo

SPARTAN 0841992
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
demos are for chumps

Wiseguy
01-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Now that I have the full version and have played a bit, the game seems to be somewhat annoying in in a few areas. While the boss battles are what make the game epic, I just got to a part where you have very limited mobility and the boss seems to have the advantage. I don't like the fact that I can't seem to roll either, or maybe you can but I haven't read the instructions yet, so. LOL

And on the subject of enemy AI, they are very dumb. They will just stand around getting shot at and return fire sporadically, but they are very inaccurate. This is while playing on the normal difficulty, it may get better on the hard setting. Even with these flaws the game is still kinda fun for at least short gaming sessions, IMO. The Vital Suits are fun and the art style and world in which the game takes place are interesting. I'm hopeful that the Capcom crew will learn from their first endeavor into the world of 3rd person shooters and that their next title in the series will be even better.

l Maximus l
01-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I saw this game at an electronics store about 30 minutes ago. I noticed that they have a Limited Edition and the regular edition. It seemed to be well shopped (only one LE left and only 3 regular left).

I know literally nothing about this game other than it has been talked about quite a bit. The pics of it look nice and I would try the demo, but, usually demos suck compared to the regular game - take NFS: Carbon as perfect example. In NFS: Carbon, the demo blew ass, but, the full version game is freakin' sick!

Anyway, I would love to know more about Lost Planet only because it's out and I want to know if it has lived up to the hype.

Zytius
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Lost Planet is awsome. It's a 3rd person shooter with some japanese goodness. Giant bugs, bionic commando like hook, snow pirates, glowing red goo, and the story isnt that bad. I think this game is a solid 8

Ito
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I dunno yo.. a few changes and BOOM, we woulda had ourselfs a great game with this one..

Unreal
01-20-2007, 05:32 PM
I think the game is alot of fun. I havent played it online yet but the offline story is pretty good so far. Its your typical Capcom voice acting and story though. lol

CuartoDePuto
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I think the game is pretty enjoyable, nothing special, but i like it so far