PDA

View Full Version : Molyneux to talk Fable2 @ GDC07

vman
01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Source (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/753/753870p1.html)

Molyneux Joins GDC Line-Up
Promises to reveal unexpected new feature.
by Hilary Goldstein

January 9, 2007 - Gamasutra, the web-arm of CMP Game Group which runs the Game Developers Conference, revealed a trio of program additions for GDC 2007. The San Francisco convention runs from March 5-9 and is expected to draw considerable attention this year following the downsizing of E3.

The biggest news is that Lionhead Studio's Peter Molyneux is hosting a session to discuss Fable 2. In 2002, Molyneux held a 90-minute session to discuss Fable and revealed an incredible amount of information about the upcoming RPG. The "Innovations in Fable 2" lecture appears to have similar depth. The lecture "will examine how key game play elements have been refined and expanded. It will also look at what inspiration was drawn for the original game and what lessons were learnt from Fable." Also promised is the reveal of "a totally unexpected feature" in Fable 2. Our guess is co-op play, a feature originally planned for the first Fable.
I can't wait!

FatBox
01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I hope they don't overhype it again.

vman
01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I hope they don't overhype it again.
that, my friend, is unavoidable

thatdude222
01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
games are much more enjoyable if you dont follow hype. so, let me say this now, fable 2 will not be the second coming of the messiah. it will not be the best rpg ever for xbox 360. play it for what it is, a game. if you do that, as i did for dfable 1, you might find it quite enjoyable!

vman
01-16-2007, 09:06 PM
games are much more enjoyable if you dont follow hype. so, let me say this now, fable 2 will not be the second coming of the messiah. it will not be the best rpg ever for xbox 360. play it for what it is, a game. if you do that, as i did for dfable 1, you might find it quite enjoyable!
yeah, thats what I like to do with movies. I go in with no expectations so my mind can form its own opinion before I get flooded with "it sucks" or "best of the year".

wasabi_
01-16-2007, 09:25 PM
My predicted description of the game

<insert British accent> "In Fable 2 we tried to create an emersive envronment. After you become famous, all the children will dress up just like you. Also, there will be other heros played by other players within the game, the world will change and every tree that you chop down with your sword, will be chopped down until a new one is planted. We also will dwelve into the daily life of your hero. You must eat, rest, have sex with your wife, and use the restroom. Your wife will expect you to come home every night or else she will attack you with a rolling pin for 100 damage."

And then it will get scrapped just like B.C. (whatever happened to that game, looked interesting, they talked about it since the original Xbox came out, then poof, it was gone)

scozzard
01-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Hopefully they expand it a bit more this time, fable was pretty fun but also quite restrictive (i think everyone's said this a million times). They should develop it in a morrowind size gameplay area based on a fable-like engine,with no restricted areas.