PDA

View Full Version : SpaceGhost2K in the hizzouse

SpaceGhost2K
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi there :)

I'm SpaceGhost2K. I'm "wandering" in from teamxbox, following Aceattorney and Wiseguy.

The three of us were given MVP awards by Microsoft back in October. We also have mod status at the xbox.com forums, but don't ask for no favors, lol.

I was the Xbox field rep for Central California for the first year and a half of the life of the original Xbox, then left to run a Game Crazy store. I'm not currently a part of the industry through employment, but very much a part of the online community.

I won't be in here "fanatically" for a while, but I'm sure I will be at some point.

I'm also moving in two days and don't know how the move/new phone/new DSL/new tv/new router might screw up my online access or game time. I don't play a lot of multiplayer stuff. I'm WAY behind in my gaming lately.

Anyway, nice to be here and looking forward to meeting all y'all.

wulkar
01-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Hello,

Welcome to the site. i hope you enjoy your stay.

wasabi_
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Psssst. A guy named laughs ate both Aceattorney and Wiseguy, they are actually just bots posting randomly on the forum. Get out while you still have your legs..:(

laughs
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
It's true, it's all true.... I ate them :)

Anyway, welcome to the site SpaceGhost2K! If you stay around you'll enjoy the family atmosphere here. :cheers:

Shawn-XBA
01-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome to XBA, hope you enjoy your stay!

SPARTAN 0841992
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Hello, and wlecome to XBA. Pay no attention to laughs and wasabi_, they are the jokesters of the forums. I will be the all around nice guy, and everyone else will range from the typical gamer a**hole, the U.S. Marine Corps guy, to the person who you didn't know existed until he posted that random thing that made you want to punch your grandmother for some unexplicable reason. See ya later!

EDIT:

After looking at your gamerbar-score-amajigger. I observe that you have played DOAX2. I really hate to say this, but it must be said... perv.

SpaceGhost2K
01-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Hello, and wlecome to XBA. Pay no attention to laughs and wasabi_, they are the jokesters of the forums. I will be the all around nice guy, and everyone else will range from the typical gamer a**hole, the U.S. Marine Corps guy, to the person who you didn't know existed until he posted that random thing that made you want to punch your grandmother for some unexplicable reason. See ya later!

EDIT:

After looking at your gamerbar-score-amajigger. I observe that you have played DOAX2. I really hate to say this, but it must be said... perv.

Hey, you're playing with big, sweaty men. Your call...

wasabi_
01-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey, you're playing with big, sweaty men. Your call...

Now whats wrong with big, sweaty men. So what, he likes the village people. He likes the village people and you like animated women, so why cant we all be friends :cheers:

NiNeBReaKeR
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Welcome to XBA, the **** you read here will probly change your life............

Aceattorney
01-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome, n00b!!! :p

ll Mista GT ll
01-23-2007, 05:50 AM
lol I don't get what the heck Xbox MVPs are and how they just get promoted to mod status.

Wiseguy
01-26-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi Space, glad to see you posting here. I hope everything went smooth with the move!

*bot post 9367294874729*

Soda Jones
01-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the site, I look forward to hearing your insights into the industry

SpaceGhost2K
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
OK. Whew. We are moved, as in, all of our stuff is on the premises and not at someone else's house or in storage. There's been a lot of table and chair assembly, unboxing, rearranging and so on. Had a problem with one of the new TVs but it's replaced and working. I'm making a game room but the other stuff has to take priority.

Right now, we've got a 42" 1080p in the living room, and two 32" HDTV's in the bedrooms. No TV in the game room yet, but it will have a projector on the wall for big gaming. My 360 is in my bedroom right now. I'll need another for the game room, and maybe even a third for the living room.

Besides DOAX2, I like other anime/otaku stuff. I've got a handful of anime DVD sets, lot of j-pop anime and game soundtrack CDs, and I just forked out $250 for the Idolm@ster 360 LE set - which I can't even play on my 360 because of region coding. I got it mainly for the figure set and the faceplate, and unless I can find some magical way to play Japanese games on my 360, I'll probably end up eBaying it.

Someone asked about MVP and MOD stuff. Someone at Microsoft or one of their third-parties invited Aceattorney, Wiseguy and myself to the C3@E3 2006 Community party, along with some other active online contributors. We didn't embarrass ourselves too badly, so those same people nominated us for the MVP award.

The MVP award is given to non-MS employees as a means of thanking them for their (unsolicited) support. There are over 3100 MVP's across all facets of the Microsoft empire, but only about 45 for the Xbox segment. Needless to say, Godfree, Ace, Wiseguy and I are extremely honored to be in this incredibly small group of people. (Note: I didn't say "elite." :) ) They treat us well with goodies and access to information and special events, and we are trusted with Mod powers at the xbox.com forums. I'm too hot-headed, so I avoid temptation to slay the noobs by staying out of the forums. If I used the power given to me, I would DECIMATE their ranks. They'd come back after a weekend and find out they only had eight members left.

Oh, I should also mention that all of this stuff we are treated to is more for YOUR benefit than our own. They can't take everybody to these events, so they selected a few, give them a peek behind the big green curtain, and let us share it with you. That's the real motivation behind the program, is to get info and insight into YOUR hands.

OK, Heroes is coming on, so I gotta go. Ciao!

HaZarD SFD
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
:watchout: *Lights Thread on fire*

*Watches the flame slowly come alive*

*Runs Away* "WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

SpaceGhost2K
02-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Huh??

SamSmith
02-06-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah, uhm.. don't do drugs.

Nice to have you with us spaceghost!

HaZarD SFD
02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Welcome Spaceghost! I wasnt stoned when making that post I was just messing around!