PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown Demo Impression

wasabi_
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I would like to know everyone's impression of the Crackdown demo.

I think its pretty mediocre, nothing to go crazy about. Probably around a 6.5/10 for me

wulkar
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
ITS AWESOME!!!. i just spent around 4 hours playing with a friend, we pick one thing to get up as high as we can and then fool around. i got 104 of the agility orbs in before i climbed the tallest building i could find, then we worked on strength and i got mine to just be -- instead of a number. i love the demo and i am going to love the game.

ALSO he got his driving really high and got it to where the super car had guns the SUV had the jump ability and ithe semi was just bad ass.

Nato King
01-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I have been downlaoding this game since 10 this morning and I am only about 70% done I am trying my hardest not to play online so I wouldn't cut off the download.

wasabi_
01-23-2007, 06:51 PM
My main issue with the demo is it cuts you off after like 45 minutes of play

Nato King
01-23-2007, 07:01 PM
My main issue with the demo is it cuts you off after like 45 minutes of play

So you are telling me after 45mins or so of playing time you are cut off and you have to start over. wow. I don't remember Saint's Row like that.

wasabi_
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, after you hit a certain level or something, a timer starts and then it cuts off the demo to some giant gameplay video that I have no idea how long it is, after it cut me out of my game, I just turned it off. So stupid, I dont see the purpose of cutting you out when they limit the game area in the first place

MXracer721
01-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Man i wanna play this.........it's downloading now, hope it doesn't take too long.

wulkar
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
mine took 30 min at 5:45 this morning, so low traffic was for me. i got 5 min in before i had to trek to school. and the game is on a hour timer but if you hit level 2 on any skill it gives you 30 min. they did this so people didn't get everything super high and ruin the fun. but you can just dedicate the first 40 min to getting uber skills and the last 20 to fooling around. and if you guide y button out you don't gotta watch the ending thing. me and a friend just got to the top of the agency, and i can truly say the map is huge and the tower is high...i kicked him off and he fell for at least 5 seconds

Reclaimer
01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I guess I'm going to have to download this because I have no idea what the **** you're talking about. I know what Crackdown is, I don't know what this uber orb stuff is.

SPARTAN 0841992
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
ARGHHHHH too much traffic on the servers, I've gotten about 20% downloaded in an hour.

HaZarD SFD
01-23-2007, 08:49 PM
WOOT DLed it in 30min ha ha ha You all suck!

Yo Wulkar lets game up and wreak havok!

SPARTAN 0841992
01-23-2007, 08:50 PM

That's not very nice... :cry:

HaZarD SFD
01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
That's not very nice... :cry:

"Awwww, Muffin Its ok!" :crying:

wulkar
01-24-2007, 04:28 AM

Maybe later today after i play with spartan for a little bit.

and reclaimer, the orbs are how you get more skill points so you can upgrade your skills quickly, there are 500 agility and 500 hidden orbs.

mattgame
01-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Did you see the size of the map? This is going to be huge!! My one problem with the game is everywhere you go you're being shot at. Even in a car. How do they know it's me so easily?

Shawn-XBA
01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Did you see the size of the map? This is going to be huge!! My one problem with the game is everywhere you go you're being shot at. Even in a car. How do they know it's me so easily?

I agree, the city is going to be huge. I experienced the same thing, being shot at no matter what vehicle your in. But I also rode by some of them and they did nothing, so its not all the time for me.

I didn't really like the demo, it makes me not want to get the game as much as I did. I would give it 7.5/10

Goku_69
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
i pre ordered the game just so i could get the halo 3 beta but after playing the demo i would have probably got the game any way.

thatdude222
01-24-2007, 06:44 PM
this game blows

SPARTAN 0841992
01-24-2007, 07:23 PM
DUDE, this game is amazing! The first time you hop into a car and guns grow out of the front of it... priceless.

laughs
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
this game blows

Really? Guess I'll pick it up than.

Reclaimer
01-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I downloaded it in 40 minutes.

Played it, whacked two gang leaders and got into major battles everywhere.
I want this game bad. I was hooked the second I hopped into the police car and turned on the overhead lights. Sweet..

I was able to get my dude to be able to pick up 2 tons and I think my firearms was way the heck up there by the time the game ended.
I quickly got used to jumping and climbing, but I really like driving. The cars drive like hell though, it took some getting used to.

Did some carjacking GTA style and I appreciated the shoot and melee attack modes.

This game ****ing rocks and I want it. I love the music in the cars, I hope theres a soundtrack.

Next two games... Crackdown and Guitar Hero.

HaZarD SFD
01-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I love the fact that the more you run over the bad guys the better your vehicle gets! WOOOT!

Especaily the SUV. That thing becomes a monster truck!

Reclaimer
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
This game has grown on me. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just outright kill everything in as many creative ways and get rewarded for it. Outstanding, it's like GTA, but you're supposedly a good guy and if you get bored on the ground, theres always up.

I couldn't stop laughing at the fact you can pick up dead bodies and chuck them like rag dolls at other people and things.

HaZarD SFD
01-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Yo Reclaiimer up for some CO-Op tonight?

Lemon
01-25-2007, 04:11 PM
so anyway ive been downloading this demo for about 25 1/2 hours and its at 56% :)

Nato King
01-25-2007, 04:14 PM
According to the front page on xboxaddict.com, the Halo 3 beta will be included in ALL first run copies of Crackdown, not just pre-orders.

Nice. :)

Reclaimer
01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Yo Reclaiimer up for some CO-Op tonight?

Sorry bro, not tonight. I have to go to work at the butt crack of dawn, so that means no late night gaming.

Next time.. I promise I do want to get some co-op Crackdown happening.

laughs
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
According to the front page on xboxaddict.com, the Halo 3 beta will be included in ALL first run copies of Crackdown, not just pre-orders.

Nice.

MXracer721
01-25-2007, 07:26 PM
OK I played the demo last night and must say........the game is just outright FUN. I dunno I didn't really do much of what I was supposed to other than kill people and get orbs and climb up big ass buildings but it was really fun. Is the game and online game? Are the people I'm killing other people playing the game or they all just AI?

HaZarD SFD
01-26-2007, 06:59 AM
YO RECLAIMER YOU BETTER NOT BE WORKING SATURDAY.. Cuz I wanna game
tonight! Gimme a shout!

DannyBZR
01-26-2007, 04:26 PM
did anyone else feel that it was not very next gen, even though it was hugely fun

Batman_wanna_be
01-26-2007, 07:07 PM
did anyone else feel that it was not very next gen, even though it was hugely fun

That is cause it is a cell-shaded game and that makes to look cartoony, but the game is so much fun and you level your guy so he can jump 30 ft, pick up 2 tons, and modify a cop car when you get in it. This is for sure a buy for me to bad it only has 900 gamerpoints.

Nato King
01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Well I finally played the demo with HaZarD SFD-XBA after about 5 or 6 times trying to join each other. We went around the city killing and running over people and leveling up are strenght and firearm and driving which was the best. This is a game that is fun if you are into gaining levels I am going to get this game for sure just to see what I can fully do.

HaZarD SFD-XBA anytime you are on and you are down for some co-op crackdown hit me up.

Serg_w-xba (Nato King)

HaZarD SFD
01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Well I finally played the demo with HaZarD SFD-XBA after about 5 or 6 times trying to join each other. We went around the city killing and running over people and leveling up are strenght and firearm and driving which was the best. This is a game that is fun if you are into gaining levels I am going to get this game for sure just to see what I can fully do.

HaZarD SFD-XBA anytime you are on and you are down for some co-op crackdown hit me up.

Serg_w-xba (Nato King)

Yeah for sure! Serg_w *Turns and looks at HaZarD SFD in Game* "Woah your white!"
That had to be the best line I have ever heard in a game.

MXracer721
01-27-2007, 01:00 AM

I actually thought the games visuals were really freaking good. I even forgot it was cell-shaded....took me a few minutes of play and I realize "Oh yea duh". I thought the visuals were very good cell-shaded or not and the viewing distance seems to be farther than any xbox game that I know of.

Reclaimer
01-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I actually thought the games visuals were really freaking good. I even forgot it was cell-shaded....took me a few minutes of play and I realize "Oh yea duh". I thought the visuals were very good cell-shaded or not and the viewing distance seems to be farther than any xbox game that I know of.

There's a lot of detail in the graphics that I noticed. The cell shading is weird, but I think it works out alright. Anyway, graphics and eye candy don't always make a game.
One of my most favorite games on the Xbox is Conflict Desert Storm. Crap graphics, but the gameplay is fun. So was Gunmetal. Not the greatest to look at, but it was hard to put down.

MXracer721
01-27-2007, 10:00 AM
There's a lot of detail in the graphics that I noticed. The cell shading is weird, but I think it works out alright. Anyway, graphics and eye candy don't always make a game.
One of my most favorite games on the Xbox is Conflict Desert Storm. Crap graphics, but the gameplay is fun. So was Gunmetal. Not the greatest to look at, but it was hard to put down.

Yea I was just referring to the comment about the game not being very next-gen like. Ever heard of Off Road Fury 2? The graphics aren't very good on that game but you give me a ps2 a multitap and a few of my friends and we can have one hell of a time. As for the Crackdown demo, I'm still having a blast playing it. I'm not sure if I'll buy it tho, that Halo 3 beta has really got me thinking tho.

Lemon
01-27-2007, 10:37 AM
i didnt really have high expectations for this game, but after playing it last night im definately getting this once it comes out

Mwright
01-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Has anyone read anything about this game having an online vs mode or something(besides co-op)

FatBox
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I played the demo and thought it was pretty sweet, I'll end up picking up the game with or without the Halo 3 beta.

SPARTAN 0841992
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I put down a preorder on this baby two days ago. I'm frickin' pumped for this game.

Yannie Boy
01-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm most def gonna have to pick this game up for the flat out fun it has. I like the player progression it provides making you want to play more just to get better. The achievements look there going to be fun to try and get them all. www.achieve360points.com If anyone wants to get down in CrackDown. Just throw me a request.

wasabi_
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Well I changed my stance on the demo. I just found it so boring since I went though killing the bosses in single player, the true fun is goofing off in multiplayer.

I went on multiplayer with one of my buddies, good fun. Completely forgot about the main mission and just goofed off. Here are some good ideas for goofing off in the demo.

1. Get 4 in agility and try to jump off the needle at the top of the Agency HQ and land into the small hole in the roof into the garage.
2. Get 4 in driving and mess around with the batmobile and hydrolic monster truck
3. Find an intersection and gather ever car you can find and every single object for like 40 minutes, plant satchels all over it and blow it up.
4. Find an intersection and blockade it with semis and buses and have a pileup and blow that up.
5. Go Kamikaze and put satchel charges on your car and run into people and blow it up while inside of your car (or do chicken with the other player using the charges)
6. with a buddy put a line of charges down the center of the road and detonate em on a time to make it a continuous stream of explosion and watch the cars fly
7. get to the top of the agency and play knock the other person off

So, just for the sheer amusement with friends, I give the demo a 9/10

I am still not sure if I want the actual game though since I only like goofing off in it.

Reclaimer
01-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I just got playing it again, I picked up 22 agility orbs and it's ridiculous how you can jump through the city. I felt like Daredevil or Spiderman.
I don't even shoot guns anymore, I just run over people or beat them up. See how far you can make the bodies fly. I like the curb stomp too.

I found the city bus and went for a joy ride. That's fun. You can really just goof off the entire time and be entertained.

Nato King
01-28-2007, 06:41 AM
I just got playing it again, I picked up 22 agility orbs and it's ridiculous how you can jump through the city. I felt like Daredevil or Spiderman.
I don't even shoot guns anymore, I just run over people or beat them up. See how far you can make the bodies fly. I like the curb stomp too.

I found the city bus and went for a joy ride. That's fun. You can really just goof off the entire time and be entertained.

I think the highest I got my agility orbs was about 65 or 70. I don't really see a different in hight or speed but it was fun to see how much I can get in the time frame.

Ito
01-28-2007, 07:13 AM
this game blows

If by "blows" you mean it's one of the best games ever made, then you are right..

DemonicTiamat
01-28-2007, 08:45 AM
when i first saw the trailers for this i honestly thought this looks utter crap. But being bored i decided to download the demo. and after playing it for about 30 seconds i was like OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! and i put a preorder down the moment i ran out of play time lol. i cant wait!

Reclaimer
01-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I just wonder what changes or improvements will be made before the game goes "gold."
You know that demos are never final code.

Oh man, I forgot to mention, the more you use the hand grenades the more skill you get with them, making the explosions bigger. I was a one man killing machine towards the end. I love it. I've played the demo 4 times now and I haven't done the same thing twice.

Question..
I got the supercar in the beginning and accidentally had it blown up by gangsters in a fight when I got out of it. Can you just hijack a vehicle and drive back up the tube to the police garage and get another one?

MXracer721
01-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Question..
I got the supercar in the beginning and accidentally had it blown up by gangsters in a fight when I got out of it. Can you just hijack a vehicle and drive back up the tube to the police garage and get another one?

Yea you can, you just have to go back to the agency headquarters to get it. Also when you get to the agency supply points you can jump back to the headquarters and get whatever car you want.

My Question.....
What do I have to do to get the guns to pop out of the car like some other people are saying?

Yannie Boy
01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Just Drive the crap out of it.

SPARTAN 0841992
01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Question..

Actually, you can't drive back up the tube, but if you want to get another car, then press start, go to the main menu tab, and press extract. This will kill you and you can then spawn at the agency.

My Question.....
What do I have to do to get the guns to pop out of the car like some other people are saying?

You have to get your driving skill up to 4 stars. To do this simply run gang members over. And the only car that will grow guns out it is the super car. Press B and it will shoot straight ahead of you. SImilarly, if you enter the SUV with 4 stars, it will gain a jump ability when you press B, and the truck cab will gain a speed boost ability.

May I add, God I love this game.

CMX Jedi
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Actually, you can't drive back up the tube, but if you want to get another car, then press start, go to the main menu tab, and press extract. This will kill you and you can then spawn at the agency.
Actually you can. :whistle:

SPARTAN 0841992
01-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Well it's time consuming, and obviously easier to use my method. But if you want to be specific, fine, I'll take your word for it.

wulkar
01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Well it's time consuming, and obviously easier to use my method. But if you want to be specific, fine, I'll take your word for it.

Dont get hostile, and dying makes you lose some skill stuff, and the cop cars are better then the default supercar.

Reclaimer
01-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Dont get hostile, and dying makes you lose some skill stuff, and the cop cars are better then the default supercar.

How are the cop cars better than the default super car? Other than the fact the cop car is cooler because it has sirens and lights.

Just curious.. it's something I haven't noticed.

CMX Jedi
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
How are the cop cars better than the default super car? Other than the fact the cop car is cooler because it has sirens and lights.

Faster and has more mass.
But..The super can can be used as a ramp. :P

wulkar
01-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Faster and has more mass.
But..The super can can be used as a ramp. :P

And there are alot of them around compared to the supercar. the supercar only gets good after it goes all bat mobile, then its just sweet.

MXracer721
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM

The super car to me isn't that fast especially compared to the gang member cars. When you go down the tunnel at the beginning and then start heading up out of it, the super car slows waaaaay down and you can't even get close to the purple ring that you have to jump and get. I always have to jump out grab a gang car and then go back down the tunnel and jump..can't go too fast coming out though because you'll jump too early.

mrmp3
01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I honestly am not into the game that much. I started playing and got the heaviest police vehicle (the description says good for ramming or something like that). I get out of the tunnel aim for a gang members car hoping to flip it or smash it in two and instead the car just slides and sort of holds me up a sec before I get around it. Played for 3 more mins. and started over. Took the fastest car (it's the one that says good for going underneath cars) and THAT was fun. I was tossin' cars left and right with that. Got out to take back the 1st supply station (or w/e it was called) and that's kind of when it went south. Shooting feels dated. Very cut and dry like GTA3. I was aiming at guys heads and not getting any additional damage. It seems almost pointless to use free aim unless there's a ton of enemies and your having trouble auto-aiming. I got a couple different machine guns after killing everybody there and I just really got turned off by gun play. I got plenty of agility orbs and my timer started. Jumping high was cool but really the only thing I liked was the car driving and picking up bodies and tossing them (I spent a good 2 minutes dumping guys over railings and watching them flail and fall. Best part was when they hit the ground they make a pretty good THUD noise). If there's some cool special abilities and some better weapons SOONER I might be interested but since shooting is a big part of the game I'm having too much trouble getting into. Right now gets about a 6.5/7 out of 10.

Reclaimer
01-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Strange, I hit that purple ring at the end of the station tube with the supercar the first day I drove it. I didn't really know what to expect, I just barreled out of the tube and next thing I was doing was flying, right through the stunt ring.

The normal cop cars are pretty good, I do agree that they are plentiful. Seems like the gangsters always blow up my supercars the second I get out of it. Like they forget I'm even there and try to get rid of my car. (But after I run over a bunch of them first.. seems like the AI has a vendetta mode, hence the hit squads if you tear a bunch of them up)

I can't drive the gangster cars to save my life. Too much torque, ****ty handling, feels like PGR on ice. On a side note.. I stole that stupid little hybrid / toyota looking car once to make a quick get away while my shield where down.. that car did not last but a few seconds.

I've pretty much save shooting only for large groups. I prefer beating the crap out of people. Which I think levels you up faster, get some strength and one kick does them in. The "command" or whoever that is becomes impressed with your violence if you just go around beating people to pieces. Bosses get the curb stomp too.

I use grenades as much as possible too because when that levels up, it's more useful.

Shooting, like I said.. only for retreating or just big groups and I can't find a car to just drive through them with. That'll probably all change when the actual game comes out and we go Live with it.

wulkar
01-29-2007, 07:31 PM
The super car to me isn't that fast especially compared to the gang member cars. When you go down the tunnel at the beginning and then start heading up out of it, the super car slows waaaaay down and you can't even get close to the purple ring that you have to jump and get. I always have to jump out grab a gang car and then go back down the tunnel and jump..can't go too fast coming out though because you'll jump too early.

You do know there are around 5 cop cars just a little further around the center thing, i think you can see one if you want to the purple thing and don't rotate the camera. and i don't think you have to get the ring exact cuz a few times i have over shoot or undershoot a little and i still got points.

MXracer721
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
You do know there are around 5 cop cars just a little further around the center thing, i think you can see one if you want to the purple thing and don't rotate the camera. and i don't think you have to get the ring exact cuz a few times i have over shoot or undershoot a little and i still got points.

lol yea i never thought of that. i'll do that next time.

predatorprime
02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Man am I late to the party or what...
Honestly the videos of gameplay gave me no urge to play this game at all.
I downloaded the demo to see if it was worth the 70 bucks for a Halo 3 Beta ticket.
I think the game is fun... a lot of fun. The problem is that there will be no longevity to the title.
no online vs, only co op and only about 15 hours of gameplay.
I think I'll pass, unless it goes on sale.

J4320
02-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow looks like I'm late to the party too. What a fun game. I love it. My only concern is how long it'll last - just like what predatorprime said. I think I'm gonna buy it when it comes out though because I want the Halo 3 beta. :)

But wow... I got my agility maxed out and it was absolutely crazy.

Nato King
02-14-2007, 05:35 AM
My only concern is how long it'll last

Good question I would say that game will be about 6-8 hours long depends on if you play that game right through and not do any co-op.

Reclaimer
02-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I forced myself to stop playing the demo so I wouldn't burn myself out before the damn thing comes out.

Nato King
02-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I forced myself to stop playing the demo so I wouldn't burn myself out before the damn thing comes out.

I was thinking the same thing I need to stop playing the demo before I don't even want the game.

HaZarD SFD
02-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Serge you need to keep playing and send me an invite..

J4320
02-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll play with someone. My gamertag is:

iiiusi0n

laughs
02-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Ehhh! The demo was ok, but it wasn't that great. The graphics was lacking, and the gameplay was average. To me it's a renter, not a buyer.

J4320
02-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Ehhh! The demo was ok, but it wasn't that great. The graphics was lacking, and the gameplay was average. To me it's a renter, not a buyer.

Yeah those were my thoughts at first, but once you get into the gameplay it's really fun. Boosting all of your stats is a fun process.

I tried collecting a ton of those green agility boosters then I went to the base and I tried to climb the super tall tower. It was pretty challenging. My demo time ran out before I could make it all the way up. :(

dork
02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
i loved it, its exactly what i expected, Im so pumped for it to come out next week. I think its going to get a bit repetetive but its something new to play finally

wulkar
02-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Good question I would say that game will be about 6-8 hours long depends on if you play that game right through and not do any co-op.

I read on joystiq that the game will take 10-15 hours, and then 17-23 hours if you up the difficulty.

Yeah those were my thoughts at first, but once you get into the gameplay it's really fun. Boosting all of your stats is a fun process.

I tried collecting a ton of those green agility boosters then I went to the base and I tried to climb the super tall tower. It was pretty challenging. My demo time ran out before I could make it all the way up. :(

i got 105 of those once, and i have made it up to the top of the agency many times. its a really nice veiw

J4320
02-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I peaked my agility then got to the top of the agency. It's pretty easy once you figure out how to do it. It's fun to jump down too.

:)

Shawn-XBA
02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
I am going to get this game for sure, I was like laughs at first also. But with everyone here saying how good it is and the reviews that are out for it makes it a must buy. I will say that when I first started playing it I wasn't trying to up the stats/boosters but now that I am reading how much fun that is, I want this game

J4320
02-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah and I think it has good replay ability. It's always fun to just mess around in the city. It just seems like one of those classics that you can pop in when you're bored and be entertained for hours - especially with the coop ability.

J4320
02-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Argh I'm so addicted to this game. When I'm bored I automatically start playing it.

Remember agent, skills for kills, skills for kills. :rofl:

I want to use the rocket launcher. :(