PDA

View Full Version : Def Jam Icon

predatorprime
02-09-2007, 07:34 AM
....I hate this game....

EA has officially crossed the line on this one. They took what was a old stale, but still fun series and turned it into possibly the worst fighting game I've ever played.
I assume that the manual will give you some idea of what to do, but in the demo you just punch each other back and forth until on of the characters falls down. But you see thats where the fun is... theres no health bar or any way to tell which one of you is more damaged.
In my first match I won(!?!) barely even punching TI, in the second match I kicked his ass all around town and lost(!?!). WTF?
The DJ thing they let you do doesn't seem to do anything other than leave you open for a beat down, since there was a delay between starting the animation and canceling out of it.
This game is flawed beyond all human comprehension , and I hope some one gets fired for laying this turd of a game.

Rant Done.

On a side note the new NBA Street game is pretty sweet, worth a try just to see all the double dunks.

Gotyouopen
02-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Agreed

Reclaimer
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I really liked Def Jam 2 Fight for New York. At first I was ready to throw it away because it took forever to get good at the fighting. But then once I beat the **** out of Omar Epps, I really liked it. Hell, can't go wrong with Henry Rollins in the game.

So theres a new one out? I'll take a look at it.

predatorprime
02-10-2007, 07:31 AM
I really liked Def Jam 2 Fight for New York. At first I was ready to throw it away because it took forever to get good at the fighting. But then once I beat the **** out of Omar Epps, I really liked it. Hell, can't go wrong with Henry Rollins in the game.

So theres a new one out? I'll take a look at it.

Its not based off the old AKI engine anymore... the idiots at EA wrecked the fighting engine.
Oh and Rollins got the boot for rappers that aren't even on Def Jam (Lil John WTF!?!)

25zero1
02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
I played the demo the day it was on market, and i must agree even if it is a demo of the game, the camera was terrible, and the models in game the way they moved to the controls reminded me of a typical 3D fighter on the Nintendo 64

Shawn-XBA
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I played the demo the day it was on market, and i must agree even if it is a demo of the game, the camera was terrible, and the models in game the way they moved to the controls reminded me of a typical 3D fighter on the Nintendo 64

I had high hopes on this game too.

But anyway 25zero1, Welcome to XBA hope you enjoy your stay!