PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about these games..

Reclaimer
03-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I saw a couple of games out and I wanted people's opinions on them before I checked them out.
For instance, I know about the Armored Core series. I've played the original on the PS, but has anyone played the 360 version of yet? I was looking at the retail box and it looked cool.

Then there's Def Jam Icon. I loved Fight for New York. Typical create a character fighting game.. hard at first, but then once you get a grip on the controls and you build your character to a certain point, it gets easier. But, I still liked the game, I thought it was fun.

I saw a game called Earth Defense Force. Looks like an anime styled single player shooter. If anyone has played it, I'd like to know what it's like.

Thanks.

Shawn-XBA
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I haven't played any of them, but I have seen numerous posts about Earth Defense Force on other forums. Here's what I found on Xbox.com forums (http://forums.xbox.com/1/10936470/ShowPost.aspx#10936470). Seems like people are having a lot of fun playing it, even with all the problems the game has. I'm thinking about picking it up as its only $40.

I remember seeing a demo for Def Jam Icon on the marketplace if you wanted to check it out

Reclaimer
03-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I haven't played any of them, but I have seen numerous posts about Earth Defense Force on other forums. Here's what I found on Xbox.com forums (http://forums.xbox.com/1/10936470/ShowPost.aspx#10936470). Seems like people are having a lot of fun playing it, even with all the problems the game has. I'm thinking about picking it up as its only $40.

I remember seeing a demo for Def Jam Icon on the marketplace if you wanted to check it out

See, the problem with demos is that you only see what the developer wants you to see.
Yeah, I can just rent the damn thing but I just wanted to hear some hands on opinions before I sat down with it.

Highlite23
03-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Icons is up as a review, and we're working on Earth Deffence.

Jackyboy
03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
a friend told me armored core 4 was short but great, you might want to just rent it

Reclaimer
03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Has anyone played BulletWitch? I forgot to add that one. Actually, my wife asked me what I knew about that game.