PDA

View Full Version : New Colin McRae: DiRT Trailer

Shawn-XBA
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
The video shows some awesome car wreaks, this game is a must buy in my book. Check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UveF_5m2_88

mattgame
05-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Looks nice idd.

addict
05-20-2007, 07:54 AM
im not really into rally, but it looks really cool

CrazyCougar
05-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Loved Rallisport, and enjoyed Colin McRae titles...So I am definitely looking forward to this!!! It looks hot!!! Pre-ordering this on this week!

wulkar
05-20-2007, 09:37 AM
looks like fun, but i dont like rally games. i might rent this.

Nato King
05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
This is a game I must keep and eye out for in the future.

AlphaRaptor
05-20-2007, 05:32 PM
This game keeps looking better and better, lovin it

Shawn-XBA
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Codemasters announced today that a demo for DiRT will be available tomorrow, I will be downloading it for sure. Looks like a great racing game.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=8154 (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/../news/view.php?News_ID=8154)

Shawn-XBA
05-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm having a lot of fun playing the DiRT demo, the ****pit view is awesome. Makes you feel like your actually driving the car. The graphics are better than PGR3 and the Forza 2 demo. I highly recommend checking out this demo.

Edit: Wow, this game is so much fun. The doom buggy is awesome, so much fun to drive fast over hills and fly through the air then make a sharp sliding turn. I also noticed some really nice damage effects, if you hit a wall a certain way your windshield will crack making it difficult to see out and if you crash anymore it will eventually break

CrazyCougar
05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
The demo is off the hook, and now I really cant wait for the retail version!!!!

MXracer721
05-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm having a lot of fun playing the DiRT demo, the ****pit view is awesome. Makes you feel like your actually driving the car. The graphics are better than PGR3 and the Forza 2 demo. I highly recommend checking out this demo.

Edit: Wow, this game is so much fun. The doom buggy is awesome, so much fun to drive fast over hills and fly through the air then make a sharp sliding turn. I also noticed some really nice damage effects, if you hit a wall a certain way your windshield will crack making it difficult to see out and if you crash anymore it will eventually break

You know man, I agree with you that the graphics are better than PGR3 and Forza 2 demo. When it first loaded up for the race I actually said "Holy *****" because of the visuals. I was very impressed and I really think this is a racer that is being largely overshadowed by Forza and PGR. I'll most likely be getting Forza, but I'm starting to think I'll be getting DiRT first. I wonder how the online play is going to be? It looks like Codemasters didn't cut ANY corners on this game whether it be sound, the menus, visuals or gameplay. Can't wait for the full version!

CrazyCougar
05-27-2007, 04:53 PM
No simultaneous online racing as we know it from PGR3 and Forza. What they do have is a 100 man lobby that compete in a race individually to set the best time on a segment. You see real time leaderboards updating as you race your segment, and have the ability to chat with the others in the lobby competing.

MXracer721
05-27-2007, 05:40 PM
No simultaneous online racing as we know it from PGR3 and Forza. What they do have is a 100 man lobby that compete in a race individually to set the best time on a segment. You see real time leaderboards updating as you race your segment, and have the ability to chat with the others in the lobby competing.

Well since they aren't having simultaneous multiplayer, it seems like they have a pretty good alternative although I doubt it will be as fun. What would be great is if you could watch the someone playing or what a ghost of the fastest player or something. This helps in finding new lines and figuring out how to go fast.

l Maximus l
05-28-2007, 12:46 PM
This game looks freakin' awesome! Best looking rally racer I've ever seen!

MXracer721
05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
This game looks freakin' awesome! Best looking rally racer I've ever seen!

If you're talking strictly visuals, I honestly think it's the best looking RACER out there. That Crossover track really shows off how great the graphics are, it's unreal.

mattgame
05-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm downloading it now. I'll be back with my opinions momentarily.

Shorezy
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh man I've been so excited to try a rally game on the 360! I'm usually pretty up to date with one if its going to be released, but to be honest with you, I didn't even realize that this demo was available on the XBLM. I'm downloadin' 'er as soon as I get home from work. Definitely stoked after seein' that video.

The Forza demo was amazing, but if I had to guess, bein' such a big rally fan, I may be more into this one, especially with the visuals.