PDA

View Full Version : No 360 problems...YEAH RIGHT!!!!

CrazyCougar
06-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Ok, I saw the article on the front page referring to "No systematic problems with the 360". And now I have to say that IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!! Microsoft can kiss my ass!!! I love my 360, but am extremely frustrated with what I have been through (5 360's quit working on me!) But to see an MS exec outright step around questions about failure rate just pisses me off to no end!!!! He just decides to answer that everyone if happy and excited about the 360. Well YEAH!!!! But we're also frustrated with the crappy piece of manufacturing that came with it!!! GAWD MS IS SUCH A SORRY ASS CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY! ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!

By the way, here is the article for those that may not have read it.

Speaking in an interview with Dean Takahashi of The Mercury News, Holmdahl was asked about the top reason for consumers returning faulty Xbox 360s.

“There are no systematic issues,” he replied. “The vast majority of the people just love the product, have a great experience with it. When there is an issue, we get on it and address it as quickly as possible.”

Takahashi also asked whether Holmdahl agreed that the normal return rate of a product generally measured between 2% and 5%.

“We continue to say the vast majority of the people are really happy with it,” was Holmdahl’s response.

And did Xbox 360 return rates fall within these percentage barriers?

“We don’t disclose the actual number.”

Pressed further, Holmdahl stated his belief that the return rate of Xbox 360s wasn’t high, and that it wouldn’t affect the company’s plans to turn a profit from its gaming division for the first time next year.

“I would say we don’t have a high defect rate. The vast majority of people are really excited about their product, and that we are targeting profitability for next year."

I was kind enough to bold out his IDIOTIC COMMENTS!!! WE love the 360!!! That obvious! Just fix the freakin problem, and stop denying it!

HaZarD SFD
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I CONCUR! :hail:

wulkar
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
i cant agree totally with your statement because my first box is still going strong. but i do agree that the guy in question is a idiot.

Ainokeatoo
06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
i cant agree totally with your statement because my first box is still going strong. but i do agree that the guy in question is a idiot.

I concur

CrazyCougar
06-18-2007, 12:40 PM
And there is the steroetypical answer. Just because yours works means there isnt a problem??? I am glad that there are 1st 360's out there still working, but there IS a problem that folks just dont want to recognize or admit to. ESPECIALLY MS FOLKS!

Ainokeatoo
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
And there is the steroetypical answer. Just because yours works means there isnt a problem??? I am glad that there are 1st 360's out there still working, but there IS a problem that folks just dont want to recognize or admit to. ESPECIALLY MS FOLKS!

Not that there 'isn't' a problem, just that we haven't experienced it yet, and it does suck for people to have to go through system after system... Of course ms isn't going to openly accept thousands of people have screwed up xbox's but they aren't going to admit it, just like thousands of people see ufo's but the goverments always cover it up... the only system I had that failed to work was the original xbox but each one of the three all worked for a long time *except the third one, that one still works*.

Dr_J
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
MS's customer service is outstanding.

My 360 died, they fixed it free of charge within a week....and that was AFTER the 1 year warranty expired.

Couldn't ask for more.

ChessPieceFace
06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
My launch 360 broke. I think they should recall them all, the launch 360's. But they wont because they would have to admit there IS a problem.

ll Mista GT ll
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
6th 360 right here :) thank god my warrenty got extended another year :D lmfao. I love mess ups!

CrazyCougar
06-18-2007, 10:56 PM
MS's customer service is outstanding.

My 360 died, they fixed it free of charge within a week....and that was AFTER the 1 year warranty expired.

Couldn't ask for more.

Hahahaha! You got lucky mate! Every blind squirrel finds a nut. MS's is notorious for terrible customer service throughout all of their products and services. And their third party call center, 18004MYXBOX is a classic example of a company trying to save money by outsourcing its workload.

Ainokeatoo
06-19-2007, 02:15 AM
My launch 360 broke. I think they should recall them all, the launch 360's. But they wont because they would have to admit there IS a problem.

There is a problem and it is bad but it isn't that bad, my launch 360 still works bud. I never fill out the warranty card for any console and never had any of them *except the original xbox's but they lasted a hell of a long time* breakdown... I believe it isn't so bad they need to recall every launch 360

CrazyCougar
06-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Thats exactly what MS is hanging onto is the fact that there are still "original" launch 360's still working. And they try to stand by that claim as meaing there isnt a problem. But here in lies the problem.....If the problem isnt that large, then....

Why is it every one of us on Xbox Live knows someone who has had trouble? This problem should be sporadic, and you should be lucky to even know only 1 person that has had a problem.

Why is it that folks in smaller online communities have people that have faulty 360's? Smaller percentages of people grouped together should mean smaller chances of anyone having a faulty Xbox 360. On my own forum of about 100 members, I think the failure rate is close to 20% or more.

Why do you think MS extended the warranty on ALL 360's to 1 year from its purchase date? You dont just decide to do that because you want to be nice, or feel that your customers should have more for nothing.

Its a HUGE problem that MS does not want to admit to, and unfortunately those unaffected by this crisis will continue to agree with MS that its not a huge problem. Trust me, it is..

thatdude222
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
my launch 360 is still kickin' problems-free, 100+ hours played. i'm really excited!!!11!!

Ainokeatoo
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Well CC if you look at it this way, the number of consoles distributed to the number of people is quite extraodinary, then you look at the number of people who have had problems, good side out weighs the bad. And you have to remember they're a multi billion money making company, they're not going to admit that they're is a problem of that magnitude...

mattgame
06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I lost one so far. I own three. Not bad I guess.