PDA

View Full Version : The Official Madden 08 Thread.

mattgame
07-03-2007, 04:39 PM
It looks like EA may be trying this time around. My first question is: Is Madden going to be in this game commentating or what?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/797/797066p1.html

A little hands on.

RockTheCasba
07-09-2007, 04:27 PM
im looking forward to 08 a lot of things i thought were missing were added in this version

Shawn-XBA
07-09-2007, 06:23 PM
My first question is: Is Madden going to be in this game commentating or what?
I think I read somewhere that he wasn't going to be commentating in Madden 08, however I can't find any article that states if he is or isn't yet. I know that Marshall Faulk will provide pregame and postgame commentary on games. If I find the article that says who the commentator(s) are I will post the link.

mattgame
07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
That's big for me. I miss him and Al during the games. It's just not the same. He was in the PS2 and Xbox versions last year so why not this year on the 360?

mattgame
07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Bump

No news yet on whether John and Al are in the game.:confused:

mattgame
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
double bump

I am so disappointed. Listen carefully and you'll know why.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21530.html

EMX
08-13-2007, 11:59 PM
So I got the game tonight at midnight. Not a fanatic or anything, was just bored. I like it a lot this year. Best madden yet. Only played one game so far and now I'm going to sleep but I think everyone should get it and let me know if they're up for a game on live sometime.

Conchord
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Paying $60 for a sports game? No thanks.

Variation-XBA
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Paying $60 for a sports game? No thanks.

Amen Brother :hail:

mrmp3
08-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Picked it up last night and played till 5:00 A.M. Why? Cause co-op made its glorious return. Me and my buddy played franchise and having really not bothered to get a feel for how the games physics work (i.e. running and cutting compared to last-gen) we lost our 1st and won our 2nd (on All-Pro). Have fun against the Ravens and Steelers though, their defenses are particularly stingy. Some of the things I'm noticing:

-Injuries can occur from hits with the hit stick. It almost seemed to never happen, now it seems to be the one that causes all the injuries (no replay though). We put Rothelisberger (sp?) out in the 1st quarter for 10 weeks, Batch came in and did just enough to get the win.

-Some players are severely overrated and I think this is the 1st one I've played where rookies are higher than a 79. I agreed with the top 5 QB's but honestly everywhere else wasn't right. Willis McGhee in the 90's? It's a possibility he will be that good this year on the Ravens, but it's not definite and he should be rated on what he's done NOT what he can potentially do. Same with JaMarcus Russell, 85 overall?

-60 FPS is excellent! Only thing I'm noticing is a couple of the gang tackle animations would look better if they were slower or had some post-turf contact animation. There's one where one guy is holding the ball carrier for a bit and this other guy just comes in and nails him, but they all land flat on their stomaches or backs and it just happens way too quick. Like I said some rolling around on the ground or the helmet snapping back would make the hit look really devastating.

-Power runner fall forward A LOT and FAR! Running the ball with the Giants (only team I've used yet with a power runner) is easy even if Jacobs gets tackled at the line, he falls and staggers forward (almost always, except the brick wall defenders) at least 3, generally 4. It's a bit too generous (maybe it changes on All-Madden, iono for sure).

-Fumbles aren't a widespread epidemic, but they happen a lot and at times when they just shouldn't. I've yet to use strip ball, and it's probably really effective, but the hit stick works pretty well too. It's just some really pathetic weak tackles have the ball pop out for no real apparent reason.

-The radio commentator recorded some new last names at least (can't recall another Kiwanuka being in the NFL, but then again I really didn't play Madden 07') but I still don't like him. What's odd is I hate how annoying John and Al or John and Pat can be, but I kind of miss'em. This guy is too cut and dry. If your gonna do a radio announcer, it should be unique for each team or at least more than 1. It just sounds stupid hearing him yell "I think we got the ball!" for more than 1 team (obviously not in the same game).

I really am loving the game thus far though. I'd recommend buying it.

Conchord
08-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Amen Brother :hail:

Like you pay full price anyway, you insensitive ass.:whistle: :yikes: :p

Variation-XBA
08-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Like you pay full price anyway, you insensitive ass.:whistle: :yikes: :p

Hey hey.... point is...

wait... what is the point?

I get discounts? WHY HASN'T ANYONE TOLD ME?!

mattgame
08-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Best next gen Madden by far. Graphics tight, gameplay tight but could be better. Options and depth tight, tight. It's on bit ches1!!