PDA

View Full Version : Like anime? Take a look at this...

Ainokeatoo
07-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Source (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/bluedragonxbox360/20070629-preview.htm)

Blue Dragon

The versatility of the role-playing game genre is legendary. On one hand, you have titles such as The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ that provide a free-roaming, real-time combat adventure set in a traditional medieval-themed world. And on the other hand, you have Blue Dragon™ for Xbox 360™, offering a turn-based, anime-themed experience to fill out the other end of the spectrum.

* Nothing random: For many gamers, the scourge of turn-based RPGs is the random battle encounter. A totally invisible enemy force appears from nowhere to harass you, and there was no way to avoid the encounter. In Blue Dragon, you can navigate the world comfortable in the knowledge that you can spot and avoid upcoming enemies if so desired. If you want to engage in combat, tap X when nearing an enemy, and guarantee yourself a first strike.
* Inclusive battles: Hold down the Right Trigger, pause the game, and send out an Encounter Circle to begin a fight. Essentially, all of the monsters caught within the circle can be engaged in combat.
* Monster battles: If different kinds of monsters are caught within the Encounter Circle, they will fight amongst themselves until only one creature type is remaining. Handy.
* Treasure is everywhere: Exploration and investigation are encouraged and rewarded in Blue Dragon more than in your typical turn-based RPG. Where trees, logs, crevices, and crates are static in most games, you're more than likely to find useful items and treasure in Blue Dragon. The environment also plays host to simple puzzles. For example, pushing on a broken tree may help form a bridge to an otherwise inaccessible ledge.

Now by what their saying it sounds like a legend of dragoonish type of game without the annoying random monster battles that both legend of dragoon and the FF series both had in common...I would say this game is worth getting if your an avid anime fan, and loves rpg's, this game does look like a childs game at least by the screens i have seen so far. But then again, Viva Pinata was viewed as a childs game *and still is mind you* and it hooked many adults... I know i'll be looking into this title.

Oh and just to leave you guys a small screen...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/waxpineapple/woweeee.jpg

Variation-XBA
07-04-2007, 12:54 PM
All the people wanting a great RPG will have their prayers answered Aug 28th :hump:

NiNeBReaKeR
07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Ive been wanting to play this game for a looooooong time now,only a month and a half left, i cant wait because my only rpg experience so far has ben Enchanted Arms which was pretty bad except for the graphics of course(oblivion dont count for me).

HaZarD SFD
07-04-2007, 02:37 PM
awesome game idea and I cant wait for a good RPG.. But honestly the cleavage on that
animated chick in that picture sold me :p :rofl: :p

Variation-XBA
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Mark your calendars, Blue Dragon fans. We just got word that an international version of Mistwalker's Blue Dragon demo will be coming to Xbox Live on July 20.

The Blue Dragon demo will feature the English-language voice-overs, as well as 2 hours of gameplay. Of course, since it's a big game, expect a 1.1 GB download to head your way when it happens.

For folks who may have trouble grabbing the demo on its release date, don't worry! The demo will be up for download from June 20 till August 3, giving you plenty of time to grab it from the Xbox Live Marketplace. In any case, the game certainly draws ever closer. Expect the game to be out in North America by August 28, and in Europe on August 24.

GRAVEDIGGER
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I've never been a great RPG fan, but with this game and a few more gorgeous lookng RGS loomng around the corner, i'll have to give this genre a second look

mattgame
07-06-2007, 08:55 PM
awesome game idea and I cant wait for a good RPG.. But honestly the cleavage on that
animated chick in that picture sold me :p :rofl: :p

Put your peepee back in your pants you sick bastage!

Whisper
07-09-2007, 10:05 AM
*unzips pants*

HaZarD SFD
07-09-2007, 10:46 AM
*unzips pants*

HE HE.. Now lets go chase mattgame!?