PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 08 The Demo

mattgame
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I have to be the first to admit I wasn't expecting much from EA. I mean everyone seems to have forgotten that they have the college pigskin game wrapped up too. So I wasn't going to get my hopes up.

Boy was I wrong!! They went to work this year baby! The animations are plentiful. The game is faster. The players truly look 3d and the models are great. Gameplay seems unchanged so far but it is just a demo. Download and play and get back at me.

CrazyCougar
07-10-2007, 10:56 PM
I enjoyed the demo, despite it being USc and Michigan only. But I have been happy with NCAA every year. I dont think EA having NCAA wrapped up in exclusitivity is such a bad thing. 2K tried to make a college game a few years back and it was an absolute catastoprhe. In my opinion, NCAA is the best football game on the market year in and year out since at least 2004. Out did Madden and 2K put together.

mattgame
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I enjoyed the demo, despite it being USc and Michigan only. But I have been happy with NCAA every year. I dont think EA having NCAA wrapped up in exclusitivity is such a bad thing. 2K tried to make a college game a few years back and it was an absolute catastoprhe. In my opinion, NCAA is the best football game on the market year in and year out since at least 2004. Out did Madden and 2K put together.

I just like the feel and look over last year. I hated those cutscenes and the beefed up kickers. I hated the way the players moved and ran especially. This is the game I have been waiting for! Oh yeah, it is the best football game outdoing Madden since 2004 IMO.

mrmp3
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Can't say I enjoyed the demo. The graphics were beefed up, the framerate was silky smooth, but some of the animations really suck. Anybody who isn't suppose to run fast (say O-Line men) have the dumbest run animations. I recovered a fumble with the D-Line men for USC (the star player I THINK) and he ran beyond slow, it just didn't look real at all. The tackle animations are pretty sick but for whatever reason when I played the game went to a cutscene before the animation was over. Say you knock the ball out of a jumping receivers hands, you'll see the start of the vicious collision but as soon as the ball touches the ground it automatically goes to cut-scene. Kind of takes away the sense of nailing your opponent away. (before I forget, despite the run animations sucking hard, I did think the tackle animations were good) .Also the tackling sound effects were good but they just seemed either too strong or too weak for the animations they corresponded with. I think if I had more to sink my teeth into the game I could see what it is exactly that I don't enjoy about it (besides the minor complaints above). It just didn't seem fun to me.

RockTheCasba
07-15-2007, 12:13 PM
demo is sweet man i dont know what u were seeing mofo