PDA

View Full Version : No Halo 3 hype?

mattgame
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
There should be a friggin countdown at least!! I think we're all slepping on this one folks. I just watched a gametrailer of it and it looks awesome, it looks epic. We are missin the mark here ladies and gentlemen.

ll Mista GT ll
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
No hype at all Matt. I think either I'm retarted, or I just dont really care. Havent bought an Xbox 360 game in over a year lmfao. I haven't even really looked at the screens even. I'll get it a few days after it comes out or soemthing.

mattgame
07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I mean this is an Xbox site. right? It's only the biggest game to come out for the 360 to date. Yes bigger than Gears and even all of the former exclusive games that will be on 360. It should have it's own forum. Sometimes I don't know................

Listen to this damnit and if you are a fan of Halo and you don't get a little emotional when you hear it then you are not a ****in fan!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21538.html

ll Mista GT ll
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I mean this is an Xbox site. right? It's only the biggest game to come out for the 360 to date. Yes bigger than Gears and even all of the former exclusive games that will be on 360. It should have it's own forum. Sometimes I don't know................

lol poor matt seems disapointed/ confused :(

Hey Tony, hows about a Halo 3 forum? :whistle:

mattgame
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I am a lot disappointed and confused!! It's bs!! I can't even believe noone even looks into the 360 forums with E3 going on.

ll Mista GT ll
07-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Because theres no booth babes this year. Duhhhh.

ShannonX
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the game of course, but nothing near how it was when halo 2 came out. Halo 2 was a great game, just nothing near what I was expecting (solo campaign).

I try not to get my excitement level to high these days.

tsrdawg
07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, the Halo 2 campaign was hella lame compared to Halo CE...It was obvious that Bungie spent more development time with the online multiplayer than the offline campaign...I will say that Halo 2 was as amazing online game...Hell, I played with thowell, soundscape, reclaimer, Maximus, and brother Dark Enemy..To this day, my ultimate online experience...

But this thread is about Halo 3, right? Well, I dont even have an xbox2 yet...and it seems that MS will delay the price cut until next year, after Halo3, GTA4, and NFL 2k8 release...dang!!

I will get an xbox2 because I must be a part of the online Halo 3 community...I m sure the MC hype will snowball right after E3 concludes...

Those of you (Hey Maximus) who played the beta, what needs to be tweaked? Did it play more like Halo 1 or Halo 2? Did it seem like the killer app that Halo 1 was?

CarGuy
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
omfg!!!!!!!!1 Halothreeeeeeeee!!!!

CarGuy
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, the Halo 2 campaign was hella lame compared to Halo CE...It was obvious that Bungie spent more development time with the online multiplayer than the offline campaign...I will say that Halo 2 was as amazing online game...Hell, I played with thowell, soundscape, reclaimer, Maximus, and brother Dark Enemy..To this day, my ultimate online experience...

But this thread is about Halo 3, right? Well, I dont even have an xbox2 yet...and it seems that MS will delay the price cut until next year, after Halo3, GTA4, and NFL 2k8 release...dang!!

I will get an xbox2 because I must be a part of the online Halo 3 community...I m sure the MC hype will snowball right after E3 concludes...

Those of you (Hey Maximus) who played the beta, what needs to be tweaked? Did it play more like Halo 1 or Halo 2? Did it seem like the killer app that Halo 1 was?

Dude... XBox2?

mattgame
07-12-2007, 06:40 AM
That's his way of saying the new xbox or the second one, trust me he knows what it is. Why no hype though and the game is due out in 2 months? I think that Bungie has gotten complacent, or the game is not ready yet.

CrazyCougar
07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Those kids from Ohio put on a hell of a performance and did a fantastic job at the MS Press Conference. I was completely impressed to the fact that they were not professional musicians (yet), and nailed the halo theme dead on. Especially with thae fact that they were in front of a very large audience, including LIVE TV! Kudos.

SnoochyBoochy
07-12-2007, 10:55 AM
i think they really have to prove something with this release, especially considering the level of disappointment with the single player campaign. i remember thinking: "what the hell?! i beat it?!" :eek:

then came the time to purchace halo 2 pc, having somewhat moved away from console gaming. i think i was excited for h2pc for about... a day... whatever.

mattgame
07-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I think this game is going to be the best of the three. It has to be. It is the game that is going to move the 360. It has to be huge, bigger, better than the last one.

CrazyCougar
07-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I dont know if Halo 3 will move 360's honestly. Sure it will add to the sales of the console in the long run, but I dont forsee 2,000,000 units going the same week that Halo 3 releases like Halo 2 acomplished. Alot of Halo fans already have a 360 console in anticipation of Halo 3.

CarGuy
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I just hope the single player is epic . They've got to revolutionize and throw in something never seen before or they're going to piss a lot of people off. Including me.

ChessPieceFace
07-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I just got done looking at the E3 Demo screen shots of Halo 3. Its a major improvement over the beta they just had. Everything looked real lush.

ShannonX
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I want to rephrase my earlier opinion. I'm definately hyped about halo 3 now after downloading and watching the microsoft press event. Looking damn interesting to say the least. I won't, however, be waiting outside at 12am to get my copy like last time. ;)

mattgame
07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I want to rephrase my earlier opinion. I'm definately hyped about halo 3 now after downloading and watching the microsoft press event. Looking damn interesting to say the least. I won't, however, be waiting outside at 12am to get my copy like last time. ;)

Me neither. I will have it first day though. I gotta admit the graphics are still underwhelming for me. I mean Halo and Halo 2 looked damn good on the old box. Halo 3 doesn't look like it'll break the top 5 as far as graphics for the 360.

l Maximus l
07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Dude, Mattgame...have you been in the Halo forums here at XBA? There's a bunch of threads about Halo 3!

By the way, when I watched the first trailer at the Gametrailers link you posted (with the band playing), I think I grew 13 new zits, got sweaty armpits, laughed like a nerd, and drooled on myself! PERFECT!

Anyway, I'm pumped up for the game...so pumped up that I didn't play the Beta because I didn't want to potentially spoil the action when I first play it for myself. Sure, I'll watch trailers and all of that, but, when I get my greasy, sweaty, slimy hands on it, I want it to be the full game.

Honestly, until now, I had no idea that you can adjust the speed and gravity...cool new twist. I'm also digging the shield adjustment so you can make the Pistol to a nice three shot kill again. This certainly gives me a lot of hope. Now, I just hope grenades flip vehicles again...we'll see!

CrazyCougar
07-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Grenades do flip vehicles, quite nicely..Oh and damage them physically pretty well too.

mitchrules1
07-12-2007, 10:44 PM
i'm just witting here waiting for it to come, man it's gonna be HUGE!!!

ChessPieceFace
07-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Me neither. I will have it first day though. I gotta admit the graphics are still underwhelming for me. I mean Halo and Halo 2 looked damn good on the old box. Halo 3 doesn't look like it'll break the top 5 as far as graphics for the 360.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174324&pid=926632&tag=topslot;title;1

Matt look at the screen shot .

Variation-XBA
07-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I dont know if Halo 3 will move 360's honestly. Sure it will add to the sales of the console in the long run, but I dont forsee 2,000,000 units going the same week that Halo 3 releases like Halo 2 acomplished. Alot of Halo fans already have a 360 console in anticipation of Halo 3.

Actually, quite a lot of Halo players haven't picked up their 360's yet, due to waiting for Halo.

mattgame
07-13-2007, 02:10 PM
http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6174324&pid=926632&tag=topslot;title;1

Matt look at the screen shot .

Okay now that's looking pretty damn good!!:cheers:

LINKINPARK8591
07-13-2007, 03:12 PM
i'm stoked about the release of halo3 i've had my reserved for a long a** time. I havent even got my 360 yet since i'm waiting for the release of the halo3.
all hail :hail:HALO3 :hail: :p

FatBox
07-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I think the beta held me off for a while, I got a taste and I'm satisfied until the real game comes out. I played over 600 beta games anyway.