PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 3 Flashing Red Lights

Thrice2589
07-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I bought an Xbox 360 back in Feb. 2007 I have enjoyed it...but in late April/early May, it started to make a buzzing noise..for a few months I was told to ventilate it so I did..then the buzzing noise just gradually went away. But about a week ago after playing Call Of Juarez...the noise gradually came back and just tonight I was playing a music CD and it froze up with a checkered like screen so I turned it off. I turned it on a again and didn't do anything for about 5-10 seconds..So I turned it right back off. Then I turned it on once more...and then 3 flashing red lights came on. Does that mean there is a hardware problem. If it is Where do I send it in to get it repaired...How do I send it in....please some one help me with this...I worked my butt off to get a xbox 360, I like to play games, and now I can't play them for now.
I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me the procedures to send my 360 in to get it repaired. Thank You very much

CrazyCougar
07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
If you didnt purchase a warranty from the retailer you purchased it from, then you must send the console to MS to have fixed. For the problem you are describing, Microsoft just extended the warranty to 3 years from the date of purchase. So all you have to do is call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and explain your situation to them. They'll send you a box with a pre-paid shipping label. You pack up your 360, send it to them, and they'll fix it for free and send it back to you. As fo right now, the process is said to take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for full turnaround time due to high volumes of returns.

Thrice2589
07-16-2007, 02:33 AM
[QUOTE=CrazyCougar-XBA;1014747]If you didnt purchase a warranty from the retailer you purchased it from, then you must send the console to MS to have fixed. For the problem you are describing, Microsoft just extended the warranty to 3 years from the date of purchase. So all you have to do is call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and explain your situation to them. They'll send you a box with a pre-paid shipping label. You pack up your 360, send it to them, and they'll fix it for free and send it back to you. As fo right now, the process is said to take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for full turnaround time due to high volumes of returns.[/QUOTE

Sp they fix it for free...what If I don't have my warranty....So all I do is call Microsoft and they will send me a pre-paid box to ship it in and get it fixed for free right? I don't mind a long 4-6 week wait...just as long as they get it fixed. Do they really fix it up so it won't have any more problems...just as long as I get it fixed is all I really care about..
Thank You much man

Ainokeatoo
07-16-2007, 03:22 AM
Not necessarily, it not always gets fixed and microsoft is notorious for sending new consoles in place of ones they can not fix, but they've also been known to, but rarely do, accidentally send you back your original broken console. I've only heard of it happen from a few people though. Yes they will fix it for free since they did extend the warranty of 'every' xbox 360 like couger said.

Thrice2589
07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Not necessarily, it not always gets fixed and microsoft is notorious for sending new consoles in place of ones they can not fix, but they've also been known to, but rarely do, accidentally send you back your original broken console. I've only heard of it happen from a few people though. Yes they will fix it for free since they did extend the warranty of 'every' xbox 360 like couger said.

Ok..I called My Xbox Microsoft number...they said they would repair my system so they are sending me a pre-paid UPS box within 5-10 business days with instructions ...I got the reference number to put on my Xbox 360 itsself. They told me If I opened the system itsself..then it will automatically void the warranty. The only thing I took off was the face plate...I did accidentally tear partially half of the Microsoft sticker...a little more than half of the sticker is still on..Will that ruin the warranty..I really hope it doesn't.
Thanks for the help

Variation-XBA
07-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Ok..I called My Xbox Microsoft number...they said they would repair my system so they are sending me a pre-paid UPS box within 5-10 business days with instructions ...I got the reference number to put on my Xbox 360 itsself. They told me If I opened the system itsself..then it will automatically void the warranty. The only thing I took off was the face plate...I did accidentally tear partially half of the Microsoft sticker...a little more than half of the sticker is still on..Will that ruin the warranty..I really hope it doesn't.
Thanks for the help

Shouldn't, they can tell if you tampered with it though. Worst case you'll have to call back and cause a ruckus to get your way, no big deal.